NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

shadowangel

Black cats consider me unlucky.
Reaction score
From The Doe Network (http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/193ufny.html)
NamUs: (POST MORTEM AT LINK)

193UFNY.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by Wesley Neville

Unidentified White Female
  • Located on December 6, 1983 in Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York.
  • Cause of death was homicide
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 33 - 37 years old

• Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 128 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; brown hair with some grey. She had a wart above the left eye and a 15mm raised mole behind the left ear. Scar on throat. She had shoe size 5-6 and A+ blood type. According to an anthropologist she had at least one child 15 years prior to her death.
  • Dentals: She had bridge work on the right side of her mouth which appeared to be expensive European dental work. The gold appeared to be of European origin.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a white V- neck camisole (inexpensive)that was found to have been made in Carpi, Italy and non exportable, a green, brown, red checked trench coat (expensive), reversible to olive drab wool, blue gray wool crew neck pullover, plaid wool skirt (handmade) various shades of brown blue and red. The victim had no shoes or any other personal property on her. She was wearing no jewelry or evidence of jewelry. The only thing she had was a hand written note from the Blue Boy Motor Lodge in Vancouver, British Columbia. There are abbreviations and numbers on the note but the investigators have been unable to determine what they mean.
  • Other: The victim had an IUD which was foreign made (Finland, Belgium and Holland), used in Canada but not distributed in the USA.
193UFNYNote.jpg

Hand Written Note

Case History
The victim was discovered in a ditch along Route 17, Southern Tier Expressway, eastbound lane, in the Town of Ellery.
The partially clad body was found by utility company employees at approximately 8:30am. The victim had been shot once in the back, twice in the chest, and once inside the mouth.
Chautauqua County is located in the Western most part of New York State between Buffalo, N.Y. and Erie, Pa.
It is believed the victim is from Canada or some European Country. Computer checks in the United States, Canada, and Interpol have been unsuccessful in locating any missing persons that fit the victims description. Attempts to identify the victim through fingerprints have also been unsuccessful.

The cases with mysterious notes and codes always catch my attention...I just believe that somehow the information there in front of us is going to jump out and at someone and there will be one of those "Eureka!" moments.

When first looking at those numbers the first thought that came to mind was area codes (five digit numbers). The first set is 24233 or 35; the second is 68301 or 7 (the '7' with the bar through it being the typical style used in Germany, Austria, and some other countries); and 74241. I can't make out the words, other than possibly the intitals 'Krb' or 'Krs' or even 'Krh'. I started running the numbers, and discovered that 24235, 68301/07, and 74241 are all area codes in Germany. In fact, they represent the towns of Laboe/Kiev to the far north; Mannheim; and Langenbrettach (a suburb of Heilbronn). If a person were to arrive in the port area of Laboe/Kiev, and were headed south to the smaller town of Langenbrettach, the route would most likely travel through the city of Mannheim.
The initials.. I know that Germans use abbreviations a lot, just as we do in the US (for instance, almost all large companies carry either a 'GmbH' or 'AG' attached to their company names to denote whether the company is publicly traded or privately held). I ran the different combinations as best I could, and found two things. 'Krb' is the abbreviation for a major rail line in Austria. its interesting to note that, on one site I looked for postal codes in Austria, "7421', '2423' and '6830' (the first four digits of the five-digit numbers listed) are all codes for Austrian towns.
'Krs'... The only thing I could find is that this is the code for the airport in Kristiansand, Norway. I didnt think that could have any relevance at all, until I checked into connections between Norway and Germany. I found that there are really only two ferries that operate between the two countries...One starting in the Oslo, the other in Kristiansand. Both arrive in Germany in Kiev.

Its fairly evident from the Doe Network entry that the woman was of European origin, I tried findiing missing persons sites with information from Austria, but couldnt find much of anything, I did find a few from Germany, but couldnt find anything relevant (the earliest missing persons cases listed being from 1996).

I believe the info is there to find. Its just a case of the right person seeing it and having that "Eureka!" moment.

*the reconstruction and note pics wouldnt copy over. just follow the link*

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of October 9, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Shadowangel-

I have a morgue photo for this lady. I usually post cases with morgue photos over in the UID section, I don't know if you are interested in it or if you want to start a thread over there for her. I try to warn people in the title, her pic isn't too bad (at least for me) but it might be more disturbing than other morgue photos I've seen.

Her reconstruction is fairly accurate.

Snuf

I don't think that the woman is from Europe. It is of course possible, but I think it is more probable that she was from Canada. Reasons for that are the location. Ellery, NY is close to the Canadian border. The woman had a kind of IUD that was used in Canada. The memo pad with the numbers and abbreviations on it was from a hotel in Vancouver, British Columbia. Perhaps she lived in an European country for a couple of years to work there and then returned to Canada. That would explain the European dental work.

It is true that nowadays German area codes have five digits, but just since July 1, 1993. From 1961 until 1993, the area codes in Germany had four digits. As a result these three numbers can't be German area codes. Today they are, but not back in 1983.

I tried to decipher the abbreviations and numbers:

Sar.k.R.h. 24233
K.R.Ba 68307
Carg. 74211

I have no idea what that could mean. Perhaps the last letters are an abbreviation for Calgary? :waitasec:

This case has always bothered me for some reason. Maybe it's the way she was killed, which seems very unusual, not to mention cruel.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/193ufny.html

Unidentified White Female

• Located on December 6, 1983 in Ellery, Chautauqua County, New York
  • Cause of death was homicide.

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 33 - 37 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 128 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; brown hair with some grey. She had a wart above the left eye and a 15mm raised mole behind the left ear. Scar on throat. She had shoe size 5-6 and A+ blood type. According to an anthropologist, she had at least one child 15 years prior to her death.
  • Dentals: She had bridge work on the right side of her mouth which appeared to be expensive European dental work. The gold appeared to be of European origin.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a white V-neck camisole (inexpensive) that was found to have been made in Carpi, Italy and non-exportable, a green, brown, red checked trench coat (expensive), reversible to olive drab wool, blue gray wool crew neck pullover, plaid wool skirt (handmade) various shades of brown blue and red. The victim had no shoes or any other personal property on her. She was wearing no jewelry or evidence of jewelry. The only thing she had was a hand written note from the Blue Boy Motor Lodge in Vancouver, British Columbia. There are abbreviations and numbers on the note but the investigators have been unable to determine what they mean.
  • Other: The victim had an IUD which was foreign made (Finland, Belgium and Holland), used in Canada but not distributed in the USA.
Case History
The victim was discovered in a ditch along route 17, Southern Tier Expressway, eastbound lane, in the Town of Ellery. The partially clad body was found by utility company employees at approximately 08:30. The victim had been shot once in the back, twice in the chest, and once inside the mouth. Chautauqua County is located in the Western most part of New York State between Buffalo, N.Y. and Erie, Pa. It is believed the ictim is from Canada or some European country. Computer checks in the United States, Canada, and Interpol have been unsuccessful in locating any missing persons that fit the victim's description. Attempts to identify the victim through fingerprints have also been unsuccessful.

I don't have time but if someone wants to, I think checking the BC missing persons website would be a good idea. Maybe she was a new immigrant, hence all of the European clothing and dental work.

Would you like her morgue photo? Her reconstruction is fairly accurate.

I try to warn people in the thread title if there's a morgue photo, but since I can't, I figured I would ask before I post it.

Just let me know! :)
Snuf

Would you like her morgue photo? Her reconstruction is fairly accurate.

I try to warn people in the thread title if there's a morgue photo, but since I can't, I figured I would ask before I post it.

Just let me know! :)
Snuf

Please post the morgue photo. I always like to compare the post-mortem photos with the reconstructions.

The fact that she got shot in the mouth bothers me. I'm wondering if the killer did this deliberately, as if maybe she was killed for ratting on someone or something and he wanted to "silence" her or if one of the bullets just happened to hit her in the mouth when she was facing her killer.

Noticed that Chautauqua Co. sheriff's office is looking for assistance on this cold case.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/193ufny.html

193UFNY.jpg

Estimated age: 33 - 37 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 128 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; brown hair with some grey. She had a wart above the left eye and a 15mm raised mole behind the left ear. Scar on throat. She had shoe size 5-6 and A+ blood type. According to an anthropologist she had at least one child 15 years prior to her death.
Dentals: She had bridge work on the right side of her mouth which appeared to be expensive European dental work. The gold appeared to be of European origin.
Clothing: She was wearing a white V - neck camisole (inexpensive) that was found to have been made in Carpi, Italy and non exportable, a green, brown, red checked trench coat (expensive), reversible to olive drab wool, blue gray wool crew neck pullover, plaid wool skirt (handmade) various shades of brown blue and red. The victim had no shoes or any other personal property on her. She was wearing no jewelry or evidence of jewelry. The only thing she had was a hand written note from the Blue Boy Motor Lodge in Vancouver, British Columbia. There are abbreviations and numbers on the note but the investigators have been unable to determine what they mean.
Other: The victim had an IUD which was foreign made (Finland, Belgium and Holland), used in Canada but not distributed in the USA.

The victim was discovered in a ditch along Route 17, Southern Tier Expressway, eastbound lane, in the Town of Ellery.
The partially clad body was found by utility company employees at approximately 08:30. The victim had been shot once in the back, twice in the chest, and once inside the mouth.
Chautauqua County is located in the Western most part of New York State between Buffalo, N.Y. and Erie, Pa.
It is believed the victim is from Canada or some European Country. Computer checks in the United States, Canada, and Interpol have been unsuccessful in locating any missing persons that fit the victims description. Attempts to identify the victim through fingerprints have also been unsuccessful.

What is interesting is the hand-written note they found with her body.

193UFNYNote.jpg

It appears to say: "Sar.k.R.h. 24233, K.R.Ba 68307, Carg. 74211".

Anna Agnes Maria Neeft

From Belgium
Height: 5'4
Went missing in 1982 and traveled to Canada (UID had clothing from Canada), could have been traveling around.

Cons: say's her hair is blond, hair look very brown in ALL pictures. Could be a dark blond color which I know can look more brown in the winter.

On a serious note it says her eyes are blue, but I swear I have read on here before that after death the eyes can turn brown? or other colors? If this is not true I apologize, I'm not to good at this.

Attachments

• unidentified.2.jpg
    unidentified.2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
I think you guys are on the right track, in that I suspect that the victim was from Europe. Unfortunately, neither of these last two cases mentioned above seem to fit time wise.

I have been looking at the note and trying to decipher it. Could it be related to chemical compounds?

1) CID (Compound Indentification #) 74211 is Pyridine-3,4-dicarbonitrile or C7H3N3 (sorry, my subscripts aren't working!)

2) 24233 Sigma-Aldrich is Dichloromethane (a.k.a. Methylene chloride) or CH2Cl2 (again, pardon no subscripts)

3) CID 16790876 aka AG-C-68307

I have no idea if any of the above means anything at all, but I would appreciate comments from any chemists right about now! ;)

I also thought about postal codes. 68307 is the postal code for Avoca Nebraska. 74211 seems to be a postal code in Mannheim Germany.

Nothing seemed to crop up for 24233.

So the postal code thing doesn't seem to be panning out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back