CO CO - Jakeob McKnight, 10, Lakewood, 21 Jul 1991

zchick

Reaction score
I would like some help in solving this horrid murder for my family. He was 10 at the time of his murder and was stabbed over 25 times.
There was two suspects, John Ramsey"Felix"Chinn and Tom Judge, Chinn is still a suspect from what I have gathered and Judge has since passed away from H.I.V.:waitasec:
There is a link I dont know how to post at Denverpost.com blogs cold cases.
Please Help:banghead:

Hi zchick, I haven't read it yet but here is a link to the blog. Hope this helps.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2008/01/15/new-profile-boy-stabbed-repeatedly-in-park/

Ten-year-old Jakeob McKnight had been swimming with his older brother, Joshaua, and friends at a park near his home.

The others had bikes and rode home on the evening of July 21, 1991. Jakeob was walking home, but he never made it. The next day, his body was found with more than a dozen stab wounds not far from his house.

Much more at link...

Thanks so much for your help posting that link Indianagirl :dance:
I will take any help I can get.

You're very welcome Zchick. Do you and the rest of the family believe Chin committed this crime? I read the blog last night and from what I gather LE believes Chin did it but they don't have enough evidence as of yet to charge him.

A couple of questions....
1) Was the convience store clerk or Jakeob's brother shown a photo line up with Chin's picture in it to see if they could identify him?

2) Has it been determined about what time the murder occured? It said Chin has alibi witnesses' that evening. What time did he meet up with these people? I'm trying to figure out if there was enough time for him to kill Jakeob and then meet up with these people to establish an alibi.

3) Do they have any DNA evidence at all? Was he sexually assaulted?

4) Was Chin swimming with the boys that day? Is it known if Chin and Jakeob had met before, did they know each other?

We all believe that Chinn is beyond a doubt a person of interest.It has also been stated that there were other suspects ,at least 3 to 4 individuals if I am not mistaken.

1) Jakeobs brother and the convienence store clerk both identified Chinn as the person last seen with Jakeob.Supposedly Chinn had bought Jakeob candy at the 7-11.:waitasec:

2) It occured in the evening,not sure exactly what time.

3) I believe there is D.N.A. evidence,not sure if he was sexually assaulted.:sick:

4) Chinn was swimming with all of the boys that day and had showed them a bag of Marijuana.:loser:
I dont believe that Chinn had met or had known Jakeob before.

We all believe that Chinn is beyond a doubt a person of interest.It has also been stated that there were other suspects ,at least 3 to 4 individuals if I am not mistaken.

1) Jakeobs brother and the convienence store clerk both identified Chinn as the person last seen with Jakeob.Supposedly Chinn had bought Jakeob candy at the 7-11.:waitasec:

2) It occured in the evening,not sure exactly what time.

3) I believe there is D.N.A. evidence,not sure if he was sexually assaulted.:sick:

4) Chinn was swimming with all of the boys that day and had showed them a bag of Marijuana.:loser:
I dont believe that Chinn had met or had known Jakeob before.

Thank you for your response. Does Chinn admit to being at the convienence store?

Thank you for your response. Does Chinn admit to being at the convienence store?

I am not sure.

When it first happened thats all his Dad could talk about,He would come over and just cry and loose his composure.My husband is his first cousin.They both went to the downed tree where Jakeobs body was found and burned it.The Police and the Fire Dept just stood back and watched it burn too, They did not want to interfere with the grieving Family,It was the Familys way of saying goodbye and getting rid of the ugly reminder.The News was there as well filming it.
The Parents dont like to talk about it at all now,Its to painful for them.

Article: SUSPECT IN BOY'S SLAYING DIES POLICE PLAN TO CONTINUE PROBE INTO 1991 DEATH OF LAKEWOOD 10-YEAR-OLD.(Local)

Article from:Rocky Mountain News (Denver, CO) Article date:January 2, 1998Author:Crowder, CarlaCopyrightCOPYRIGHT 1998 Rocky Mountain News. All rights reserved.

Byline: Carla Crowder Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer

A man who was once a key suspect in the brutal stabbing death of Jakeob McKnight has died without shedding new light on the 1991 killing.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-67595108.html

So far everything I have been able to find on Jacob wich is alot is all archived and you have to pay for them.
It looks like the main suspect died in 1998. I would like to know if they have any DNA that could connect this man. Now that he has passed maybe some one would come forward if this case started to get recongnition again...

2 THREATEN TO SUE LAKEWOOD COPS CHINN, JUDGE BLAME POLICE FOR HARASSMENT, ATTACKS AFTER CHILD'S SLAYING LAST SUMMER
Published on January 23, 1992. Article 1 of 1 found.
SOURCE: MARLYS DURAN
ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS STAFF WRITER
The two chief targets of a probe into the slaying of 10-year-old Jakeob McKnight last July have served notice that they may file multimillion-dollar claims against Lakewood police.

John Ramsey Chinn and Thomas Judge Jr. contend they have been harassed, threatened, physically attacked and deprived of rights since they became the focus of the investigation six months ago

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

how sad :( do you know if Felix stayed back with Jakeob to walk him home or had Felix already "supposedly" have left? I mean I know you said his brothers and the clerk said he was the last one there, i'm just wondering, none of the kids thought it was weird that jakeob would walk back with a kid so much older that he didn't know?

Bumping for Jakeob and Zchick.

So sad! I have a 10 year old son and I couldn't imagine life without him. My prayers go out to the family. I hope there is someday justice in this case. Either way, I hope Jakeob is at peace, and that his family is able to get there too someday.

I find it darkly ironic that his name is John Ramsey .... Chinn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back