GUILTY NY - Jayden Lenescar, 4, beaten to death, Brooklyn, 23 Oct 2009

Oh, why dont they just give these kids to someone who wants them? maybe a family member? I know foster care has its problems too but at least he would have had a chance ... why would you beat or allow your baby to be beaten until they die, this just doesnt make sense to me, no matter how many times I read it happen, I just dont comprehend how they could bear to hurt a child?

Oh, why dont they just give these kids to someone who wants them? maybe a family member? I know foster care has its problems too but at least he would have had a chance ... why would you beat or allow your baby to be beaten until they die, this just doesnt make sense to me, no matter how many times I read it happen, I just dont comprehend how they could bear to hurt a child?

I wonder if the baby Jayden is holding is a sibling?

Poor little boy -- in the way with a boyfriend that didn't want him and a mother that was willing to beat her child to please her new "man." A father that hadn't seen his child in two weeks. I wonder if he thought being a parent is a part time job -- buy them a toy, clothes, whatever -- go to eat, back to mom, and then go on with their life.

He was a beautiful child. I hope they prosecute these people for premeditated murder. No one can claim they beat this little child for two days as an accident.

Every time I see one of these cases, I get sick all over again. This adorable little guy reminds me of Hasanni Campbell (still missing). What on earth could this little boy do to deserve such horrible treatment? I hope the "parents" (not the bio-dad) get theirs in prison.

Oh, how sad these stories are! I just don't understand these people who allow thier children to be harmed, let alone those who participate in it. I get the extenuating circumstances that some argue--drugs, spousal abuse, education, childhood history, etc.--but to me there is never, EVER a reason that lightens anyone's burden to protect his/her child. In this case, the mother should have protected her son. If that meant she had to hit the boyfriend upside the head with a cast iron skillet and deal with the consequences later, she should have done it. And if it was the mother who was abusing the little boy, then the boyfriend had the same responsibility.

These stories are always so horrifying. I cannot imagine what drives someone to beat a child to death with their own hands. It takes a special kind of sick.

RIP Jayden.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back