Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! New thread....

Actually, I think her parents "painting her picture" refers in a figure of speech to their glowing reports -- in words, on TV -- about their daughter. But -- now that you mention it -- there are many other photos -- probably submitted by the parents -- of Morgan when she looked much younger, a little heavier, etc., than the svelte young woman she appears to be in more recent photos. This point has been mentioned earlier on the forum, but I can't recall the name of the poster, so can't give credit to that person, who did point out that the earlier photos of Morgan do cast her in a light that is no longer appropriate but that may be an image her parents still have of her and want to hang onto. Perhaps the more recent photos came from her friends -- e.g., "the Nine." MOO.

Any thoughts?
I mentioned the pix in response to whoever made the initial observation b/c I hadn't seen the photos and wanted to see them, (if they're already out in cyberland, that is.) Not to disparage her; but just to see what folks were referring to. It's not unusual for a "baby face" to slim down over certain late teen years and what-have-you. No biggie imo, unless we're talking some OMG! sudden, over a short time - days or weeks, drastic metamorphosis. (....Are we?)

I dont know her, but we all get impressions of people. And I know her parents may not know every little tiny personal detail about her; but they do know her core feelings about things.

I cant envision her CHOOSING to go with a stranger. (not impossible, but I feel not super likely)

I cant envision her CHOOSING to walk at those places sighted (or cited - if you're into homophones) in the cold.. dark.. rain.. in heels.. alone ...in not-her-home-town (yes, even if her brother grad'd from there) in a mini skirt... and presumably with no coat. (Since her mother described her ensemble in such detail, she wouldn't likely leave off the coat, imo, had there been one.) Why do that when all you had to do is sit tight (as much of a snore as that would be, but still) and go back with the people you came with.

The friends just dont add up for me. I know; I know; the parents dont want the friends "blamed," and of all people who are totally entitled to their feelings it's those poor parents, but Im not "blaming" the friends. It just doesnt add up somehow. Part of me wonders if there were a rift among the friends. I have no reason to think that and it makes me sound stupid for proposing something that I cannot defend; Nor do I have one lick of anything legit on which to base it accept a creepy unsettling feeling.

Do any of you people know a psychic? Or are any of you gifted in that domain? Someone here the other day (forgot the name) had some paranormal input that was interesting. I'm just totally stumped and reaching for anything... at least until more info is released. Some cases grab me by the guts and this is one of them. Maybe it's the weirdness of it all... b/c ALL the cases are equally heartbreaking. Some just grab me.

well, i have some q's about the timeline, the only thing on the list that is not estimated is the 8:48 call from the friends, so is the rest of it just some grainy
video and the word of some door guy who prolly blocked a lot of people tryin to get in...because if, something else is going on -if the friends were calling and texting her when they noticed that she had been gone too long - the perp could have texted back to them and then took the phone apart to end calls and pings...as far as the friends-any number of things could be going on with that but i do get the general feeling that what ever they were told they believed...and now they are prolly devastated. and i tend to agree about the drug slipped in her drink - but i dont think she was getting money for a scalper because i think it was too late in the show to bother...moo

The only time I left a group of good friend........Was when I planned to meet a young man, My parents didn't approve........????:blushing:

The only time I left a group of good friend........Was when I planned to meet a young man, My parents didn't approve........????:blushing:

I can see that point and understand it... I did the same thing.

However, Morgan had her own apartment and lived approx. 35 minutes from her parents. She could have entertained whoever she wanted, whenever she wanted... She didn't have to go to the great lengths of planning for a concert 6 months in advance.

I have asked a friend of mine to do a reading regarding Morgan. I will post what she says shortly.

Originally posted by evelyn24

Every concert I've ever been to you can only purchase tickets outside the venue. If the concert was not sold out then I'm not sure why Morgan just didn't buy a new ticket at the outside ticket booth, or ask for her friends car keys so she could drive to a local McDonalds or something until the concert ended.

Morgan immediately suggested that she would go off to look for friends she knew in the area, and that is odd to me.

Again, how did Morgan know she could reach friends at that time of night to drive her back to her car in Harrisburg before the concert was out?

Why not just get the keys to the friends car that they all came in and drive somewhere wait for an hour and a

bbm

Those are the parts I cant get around too.

Why choose something that is more difficult, more hassle, and even potentailly dangerous if there's another option that is a sure thing? (waiting on the friends with whom she came and going back with them)

Im not saying that it couldn't happen, but it seems like there'd be a compelling reason. (Maybe there was one.)

MOO

Originally posted by Track292008

I am glad to know that it was a friend who called Morgan from the arena when she (Morgan) was outside; at least they were looking out for her more than we had been led to believe. Also, if Morgan had been drinking, her friend may not have wanted her to drive her car, so didn't offer the keys. MOO.
The car owner could have said, "Dont drive my car if you've had a cocktail etc" or just given her the door key, so she could at least sit in the locked car and not in the cold.

I know, right?

I keep coming back to that call. Unless LE has proof of it, (per phone records) Im questioning that it happened. But why lie about something that could be checked? OTOH, if she were not outside and got a call you couldnt EXACTLY pinpoint where she was when she received the call. (within a few feet / outside vs inside) And sorry too, but even if a call can be proven as having been placed/received, it does NOT tell us what was said in a spoken conversation. And why place a spoken call if you have a text option that you can read in a loud arena?

Sorry, to the friends, but that's how I feel.

Well LE said the call was initiated by her friend(s) inside, and I think it's possible they called in between acts. Maybe the last opening act was done and they were waiting for Metalica and called Morgan to see where she was.
It's usually a good 30 minutes wait after the opening act has finished to when the headlining band comes on stage.

Morgan's thread (and charts) in the Forensic Astrologists section has been updated by Soulscape.

Beth Holloway never gave up hope that Natalie was alive. She kept hopeing and praying and wishing and fighting tooth and nail. The Harringtons have folded after seven days???Huh????

Then we get to the LE released timelines. Are these sightings the same that said she was in the video up close to the stage..the ones her own family could not agree on. Or the sighting of the newspaper lady or the sighting of the scuffle in the parking lot. Or maybe the fellows getting out of their car saying she was so friendly...We have no idea if any of these sightings are correct or even her???

I am very perplexed that there are no pictures of the girls at the concert. Every girl in the whole world are snapping pictures of the whole group in the parking lot and at the concert and sending them to their friends..we have nada?????

Would she be sooooo dumb to leave the concert and hike up on that dark bridge when it gives most of us the willies just looking at the picture?

Here are the facts so far..verified facts...
1. She had a ticket to go to the Metallica Concert (No pictures of her there)
2. Her purse and her cellphone, with out a battery, was found in the RV park. (Yep we found that)
3. Nobody has seen her since...Tuesday. (Sightings are not actual people)

We have LE telling nothing. Parents that have given up. Friends not saying a word. Nary a picture that was sent to a friend showing up. The kids I know send pictures of their every movement and there were several that night.

Something is just not adding up. This case is nothing but speculation.

Here is the reading of MH done by my friend. She says if you have questions she will try her best to answer them.

Older woman very prominent in her (MH's) life. Strict but loving. Dominant, serious, always there, ever present. Feelings of inadequacy where this woman was concerned - but this was MH's issue. MH knew how this person is and how things were conducted in the presence of this person. It wasn't a bad thing - it is just someone who is set in their ways and perfers a certain way to handle business/anything. Kind of a time and place for everything - and everything has it's place. This woman is always on MH's mind - kind of a guide and wanting guidance, direction even if she wasn't around.

The next card the 3 plays very prominently. 3 "brothers" / 3 best friends - 3 males in some fashion. One has a preference for exotic animals - preferably parrots. These 3 are of mixed heritage - possibly Native American and Caucasian or someone of similar coloring. One may possibly have had burns around the face - there is a covering partially on the face/head that looks like what burn victims are wrapped in. This is probably not a fresh injury. There was a promise made by these 3 or there was some kind of exchange made by these 3 to MH. 1 of these guys was the more serious of the bunch, 1 guy laid back and the other just happy go lucky. Don't see any harm coming to MH by any of the 3 really, but seemed to have some kind of interaction.

Next card - speaks of an older gentleman. Kind, loving, thoughtful, but also dominant but in not so severe a way. Always looking out...the protector, the one who understands, the one who is emotional - but in no way a wimp. Very dedicated. A man of high stature. Very loved. The first card and 3rd card seem to surround this reading and is believed to represent the Mother and Father, who seem to be trying to hold everything all together. It also shows that MH wanted it to be this way - surrounded - guided - loved.

Next card - a younger man, but older than MH. This card could represent her brother as the card is connected to the Mother - however, the feeling comes across as a young man who is smitted with MH and is liked by the Mother. Doesn't appear to be a relationship with MH, but does have the potential of possibly becoming a relationship at some point, feels more like a family friend at this point. Young man is well to do and of the same stature as the H family. He's the kind of person who has the "midas touch". Very on top of his game. Feeling of broker or investment banker - financial planner type. Has finished school is more wise than his years.

Next card is a card of transition (doesn't necessarily mean death - but that is a possibility) - moving away from a situation - rising above the mundane - balancing out and over coming obstacles - spreading the wings and moving beyond and above emotions.

Next card - a new beginning - a fresh start (could mean left for somewhere new or could mean new life in the next plane). Emotions and emotional times surround, but MH is well protected in this new beginning. Feels very loved. Halo surrounds this child and she is now protected from any and all harm and appears to be quite content

Next card - issue over money - someone trying to help her to get what she needed, but didn't quite make it. This has to do with another female. Both seem to be striving for the same - working together, but the help either just wasn't good enough or didn't come in time.

Next card is a card of breaking down - anger, rage caused either by herself or another, but this seems to be caused by another female. Injury to one - downfall of one - loss to one. World turned upside down and cracked/broken. MH may have been the one to set these events on course or to start them, but it was finished by another. Could have caused great embarrassment, jealousy, rage, injury in which MH could have run away from - which set other events into motion.

Last card - Offending female - Someone who dyes their hair - not natural colored - completely opposite. This female dresses more for the professional world and not that of a college student. Female appears somewhat older than her years. Prefers to wear earthy tones. Is quite precise in her diction and uses as few words as possible to get her point across - which she is able to do very well. She appears to be rather tall - taller than average or the persona she gives off she sees herself bigger - ego thing. Quite striking in looks, prominent nose (but proportioned) and pouty lips. Medium blue or hazel eyes.

I think that LE is having a problem getting people to come forward. I think this is because most people in this area, myself included, feel (err felt) extremely safe in Central Virginia and therefore are not nearly as aware of their surroundings and what's going on around them as they should be. The violent crime rate in this area is pretty low creating a false sense of security and trust. It is possible that vendors/cashiers at local businesses would remember someone dressed in the attire that Morgan was wearing if she patronized their business. It is a college town and I have seen some interesting outfits here, but I can honestly say that sort of attire doesn't fit the theme of what the majority of the students I see seem to wear. I would say that the students in this area seem to have a more "preppy" way of dressing. In addition, I think it is possible, if she is still alive, that she could be in the area, being held against her will. While Charlottesville and Albemarle County (this is the county that the city is located in) are not particularly rural, all of the surrounding counties are relatively, or in some cases, extremely rural bedroom communities. Because of the rural nature, if she is being held somewhere, it is possible that is a place that only her captor visits, and a place she would have a hard time navigating away from if she were to escape. Hopefully this offers some insight for more musings.

October 29, 2009
State Police release timeline of Morgan Harrington's disappearance

Here is the timeline:

8:20pm - 8:30pm Harrington was outside the John Paul Jones arena at several locations including the front entrance and the side facing University Hall

8:30pm-8:48pm She was still outside JPJ Arena trying to get back in

8:48pm A friend inside phoned her on her cell phone and offered suggestions about how to get back in the arena. At that time Harrington told friends she would get a ride home with friends in Charlottesville.
8:48pm-9:00pm Harrington was still outside the arena. There was no indication that she was able to re-enter.
9:00-9:10pm Harrington was seen walking with her purse through University Hall parking lot. There were other people in the lot but no one can confirm that she was with someone. Police described her purse as black with two straps that could be worn like a backpack.
9:10pm-9:20pm Harrington had what police called "limited interaction" with people in the Lannigan Field parking area.
9:20pm People who encountered Harrington left the lot. There is no indication she left with any of those people. (Police are asking others in the area to think about what they may have seen in this lot.)
9:30-9:30pm Last sighting of Morgan Harrington - She was seen on the Copeley St. Bridge near Ivy Road.
Lt. Rader asked residents to think about whether they saw Morgan Harrington get into a car or talk to anyone in a vehicle. He stressed that no detail is too small.
Anyone can call the Virginia State Police Tip Line at (434) 352-3467 or email State Police at bci-appomattox@vsp.virginia.gov. UVA Police can be reached at (434) 924-7166. Anonymous tips are welcome.
Virginia Tech plans to help with the cause during Thursday night's football game at Lane Stadium. The family has asked and received permission to pass out fliers in the parking lots.
Before the game and during halftime, Morgan's picture will be featured on the Jumbotron with a public announcement.
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11398011

298590_G.jpg

Morgan Harrington was last seen on October 17th at the Metallica concert in Charlottesville. Since that time police have searched the area looking for any clues.
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11398011

Timeline given by Lt. Joe Rader of Virginia State Police
8:20-8:30 - Morgan on the exterior of the JPJ Arena, near the entrance, where people would enter or try to re-enter
8:30-8:45 (HNN stopped the live feed, so I had to find it online, but from what I gathered, Morgan was on the side of the building, adjacent to the parking area.)
8:48 - confirmed that she had a phone conversation that was initiated by her friend to check on her. She told them she was outside the arena, they offered her suggestions of other doors to try to get back into the arena; stated she would try to get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville
8:48-9:00 - witnesses saw someone matching her description on the exterior of arena. No credible information that she re-entered the arena once she was outside
9:00-9:10 - Morgan or someone matching her description was seen walking with a black purse through the parking area. Was around other people, but it cannot be confirmed that she was with anyone.
9:10-9:20 - Morgan/someone matching her description - in Lannigan Field Parking Area (adjacent to the bridge/railroad track) and had limited interaction with individuals...individuals left, and no evidence that Morgan left with them.
9:20-9:40 - Someone matching Morgan's description on Copley St. Bridge near intersection at Ivy Road. Last sighting of someone matching Morgan's description.

None of the above is confirmed other than the phone call from a friend to Morgan's cellphone.

You know the more I think about this the more we don't even know for sure that Morgan made it to the concert. We have nothing. Her purse was one of those ones that becomes a backpack. She could have loaned that and her phone to one of her friends to use that evening..as long as we are all into speculation.

I try but nothing makes sense. She had a ton of friends at the concert so if she needed money for a taxi or another ticket they could have given it to her. Also I can't believe there wasn't one of those friends that got up and went in the back to investigate and see if they could help. Nobody did anything!!!!! It sounds to me like when she called and told them her predicament they said tough and her answer was she would try other things. What a great bunch of friends they were. Not one went to check on her. Darn.

Can someone provide some clarification, please? I am reading that Morgan was ill at the Metallica concert so she left, but then tried to re-enter?

We have LE telling nothing. Parents that have given up. Friends not saying a word. Nary a picture that was sent to a friend showing up. The kids I know send pictures of their every movement and there were several that night.

Something is just not adding up. This case is nothing but speculation.

i think her parents are being very active, unless something new has happened, has it?
has anyone linked a google satellite pic of area?im gonna check tha tout.

Can someone provide some clarification, please? I am reading that Morgan was ill at the Metallica concert so she left, but then tried to re-enter?

There are a lot of reports about Morgan or a Morgan look a like. Somebody reported that somebody that matched Morgand description fell and bloodied her nose and left the arena.

Personally I doubt it.

i think her parents are being very active, unless something new has happened, has it?
has anyone linked a google satellite pic of area?im gonna check tha tout.

Last night on the NG show her parents said something like this. "It will be a first not having Morgan home for the holidays." Hummm. Sounds like giving up to me. Its only been 9 days and darn I still have hope.

A far cry from Beth Holloway when her Natalie was missing in Aruba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member