HaLeigh Cummings Missing Case Theories - Structured Analysis

cyberborg

Seeking Justice for Victims
Reaction score
This is a thread intended to take a more structured approach to HaLeigh Cummings Missing Case theories.

This idea originated from some excellent sleuthing work performed by our WS poster, Bern.

We request that posters first post a 'complete' theory per the following example from Bern rather than some loose ideas. A complete theory should be posted and then we can discuss and debate how well its fits into what we know and any holes to dissect and maybe reach a conclusion.

As we collect a few complete theories we can begin to compare them and validate them as developments break in the case.

Please post random thoughts and ideas to the existing Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Bern:

This is a theory based on an accident that happened in the home only. I have written it step by step to see if it is Possible for this to be carried out in the time constraints that would be imposed on Ron and Misty's involvement. This is not to say that this is HOW or WHY, only to see if it is possible. There are other possibilities but this is the one I have worked on for now.

Sometime between the hours of 8:30 February 9th and 3:24 am February 10th Haleigh Cummings went missing. In this 7 hour time frame I will attempt to recreate a scenario that shows how Ronald and Misty could have carried out and executed a cover up of her death.

Motive:

The motive here is to cover up an accidental death, in order to keep custody of JR. and to escape manslaughter charges or neglect charges.

Opportunity:

I believe there are opportunities to both cover upa accidental death of a child and the opportunity for a child to die an accidental death in the home. There is also a significant enough time to carry out a cover up given our 7 hour time line of 8:30 to 3:24 am.

There is no phycical evidence of the death of a child in the home; however, there are ways for a child to die and leave no evidence.

1 A child can overdose on illegal or prescription medication.
2 A child can receive a blow to the head and die hours later, due to bleeding in the brain.
3 A child can drown in the bathtub, slip or fall and break a neck.

Means:

Misty and Ron had 7 hours to carry out the cover up. My question is: did they have the fore sight to think far enough in advance to cover Ron's alibi to carry this out?

Given Misty's education, and ever constant changing statements, I doubt she acted alone. I feel Ron would have to be involved to help her. Ron's actions after the kidnapping and background statements in the 911 call could lead one to believe he is involved if not at fault for Haleigh's disappearance.

Note: prior to Feb 9th the public has heard about the high profile case of Caylee Anthony and her mother KC A everyday or at least weekly in the media. LE and FBI have centered around her cell phone activity for months, educating the public about cell towers, cell pings and tracking a person's where abouts with the cell phone records. Given that, I do believe Ron would be knowledgeable enough to think in advance that his cell phone could be used as a source of an alibi for innocence or guilt to where he was that night.

My next question is, would a father in this state of panic and grief/shock be able to carry out all the steps to cover up this crime. Or could he instruct Misty to take the steps for him? I don't know Ron or Misty, but if I take into consideration any drugs or alcohol use this would play a role into his or her state of mind.

I am starting my time line when Ron goes to work.

Ronald goes to PDM his place of work. Our best efforts can not 100% confirm when he got ot work. We do know that sometime around the hours of 5-5:30 Feb.9th he spoke to an AC repair man, who was at Ron's MH along with Misty, Tommy and the kids. Misty called Ron on his cell phone while he states he is at PDM, to inform him that the AC repair man is there and hands her cell phone to the AC man to speak with Ron. This call can place Ron somewhere near or at PDM with cell tower pings. However, this does not mean Ron was inside the plant, only near a cell tower that pings near PDM. nO one has come forward to say that Haleigh was not at the MH at this time. We are assuming she is there along with the other kids, well and alive for this Theory only.

According to Ron's attorney, Ron started work at 5pm that day and was 45 minutes early for work, so that places him at or near PDM around 4:15. In order for Ron to get to PDM at that time, he had to leave home at approximately 3:35 to make the 26 minute drive; putting him at PDM at 4:11 to 4:15 allowing for traffic lights, and traffic in general. This would fit the 5:00 start time and 45 minutes early theory. I am using google maps for my drive time. Note: attorney said he drove it in 19 minutes.

For time sake, I am omitting all the dinner and play events that took place by Misty.

At 8:30 Misty shuts off her phone. I believe Haleigh is dead at this point, or soon after. Any one of the 3 accidents could have occurred at this time, the important fact is Ronald is either to partially to blame or Misty makes him believe he is, in order for Ronald to help or be involved in this cover up. If Misty was to blame solely for Haleigh's death, I don't believe Ronald would have covered up the surrounding events that came into play, such as the 20 calls to her cell phone and Tommy being called at 9:30, promoting him to go over to the MH (no one appears to be home). This would be important to establish an alibi for Misty. I believe this was to reinforce the idea, Misty was asleep and couldn't be wakened by pounding on the door. However, if this was the intent, it backfired and she was thought not to be at home at all, the kids either with her or dropped off with someone else. The 20 calls to Misty could also be in order to establish an alibi for Ron that he was at PDM, also the stop at the store to purchase, cigarettes, peanuts and beer. This store is not on the direct route home, but is probably the only store open at this early am hours. Being seen at eh store gives him an additional alibi.

Misty may have called Ron as early a 7:45 pm to tell Ron that Haleigh had died. We know that there are eyewitnesses that Haleigh was seen eating dinner on the front porch at or around 7pm to 7:30pm. So Haleigh may have had a seizer of ingested drugs found in the home just after dinner or around 7:45 to 8:00 leaving a window for Misty to call Ron and start the plan in motion. I do have to ask if her death was so suspicious that Misty would not have called 911 for help for Haleigh at his time. She would have to know for certain that Haleigh died due to Ron's direct or indirect actions; or she was solely to blame and had to involve Ron in some manner.

We do not know for certain that Misty did not have a car that night. But for Theory sake we will assume she did not. Misty would have had to have a way to get to PDM in order for the next set of steps to play out. Depending on the 20 calls and any eyewitness, we need to place Ron at work. If the calls are after 9;30 including the call to Tommy there is a window for Ron to leave his cell at work, come home, pick up Misty, JR. and Haleigh and drive back to an area near PDM. This is a very short window of time, given it is 26 minutes to PDM and home, and you must travel both ways and include time to get all the parties in the car and a dead child in the trunk.

Misty could have left her phone, shut off at he MH or shut off and taken it with her; it would not make a difference as it was not on for the pings to track her location. If Misty had access to a car she could have taken Jr. and Haleigh to PDM or near the plant to meet up with Ron. She needs to be near PDM to call her phone 20 times to give Ron a alibi that he is at work. Ronald has to be able to drive to a location in order to dispose of the body. So in order for Misty to have Jr. and make calls to her cell from the PDM location she has to have a car or van, and Ron has to have a car or van to transport and dispose of Haleigh. So Ronald leaving work to pick up Misty will not work in this theory. Misty has to have a vehicle in order for this to play out. Misty may have borrowed a vehicle form her mom or the van from Tommy (borrowed from SIL and Timmy). note: Tommy states he went there to see if she was home, so he most likely would have had knowledge that Misty took the van that night.

Misty having a van cuts down the time, to meet up with Ron aand use his phone to call her phone and also a place for Jr to be with her while Ron takes his car and drives to a location to get rid of a body. All this has to be done before 9:30 when Ron has access to his phone to call Tommy. (remember there is a call to Tommy at or around 9:30 - 9:45)

recap;

7:45 to 8:00 Haleigh dies
8:00 to 8:30 Misty calls Ron, discusses what happened and turns of f her phone.
8:15 - 8:30 Misty borrows a car, puts Jr. in, Haleigh in and drives to PDM to meet up with Ron. Ron can be making calls from his phone to Misty's cell phone that is turned off at his point until she arrives.

9:30 to 9:45 Giving Misty one hour and 15 minutes to do the above is tight, but could be done, getting her to PDM or nearby at 9;30 to 9;45. At this time, Ron would still be at PDM and calling Tommy from his phone, he could also be still calling Misty's cell to establish an alibi for himself. Misty would be presumed sleeping and not responding to his calls or Tommy's knocking at 10pm. At this point Ron has to leave work and meet up with Misty to give her his phone and instructions to call her phone. Ron at this time can take Haleigh and dispose of the body, he then needs to return to work unnoticed and unscathed. If Ron did not take the time to bury Haleigh, but placed her in a river or canal or pond, he may have been able to do this in a relatively short period of time. This could have been done on a dinner break if time permitted. I don't think anyone would cover for Ron if they knew he left work unless they were indebted to him for some reason.

I do not think Misty disposed of Haleigh by herself as the LDT supports someone other than herself disposed of the body. I believe it was 42% deceptive. Given this time frame, it is possible that Misty met up with Ron, used his phone to provide an alibi and returned home that night. I am unsure as to whether or not Jr. was with her or if she had her mother keep Jr as she borrowed the van. The rest of the staging would be easy to fit into a time line. The brick could have been picked up anywhere on the ride back to the MH, thus prompting the comment they had never seen it before. Misty could have gotten home any time after 11pm that night, picked up Jr and put him to bed, drove the van back, and walked home.

I wrote this out,step by step to show that once you do this, you see snags or tight time frames, your mind starts to think of the things about the person and if they are able to carry out this scenario or not. I can do this with any theory and find problems with it. But this is just one of many ways that night could have unfolded.

Originally posted by Cyberborg:

It is too risky to risk an abduction during the night.

1. You'd have to know that Misty was alone with the kids, no-one else was with her that night or staying over.

2. You'd have to know where they sleep and where HaLeigh is in relation to that, so you can get in grab her and get out. No fumbles.

3. You'd have to brick the outside door and risk not being seen by someone passing by as you did so.

4. You'd have to pick the lock on the back door or obtain a key while the screen door is also bricked open. Suspicious?

5. You'd have to enter the house knowing where things are from the backdoor to bedroom path.

6. You'd have to turn the kitchen light on without waking Misty or Jr. Risky!!!!

7. You'd have to take HaLeigh hoping that she does not wake or scream and alert others.

8. You'd have to carry HaLeigh to your vehicle without being seen or disturbing the MH occupants by letting the door slam.

It was also on a Monday night after a weekend with Misty away so if you were researching and tracking the players, better to wait for a mid weekday when the routine is back and they have done it a few times to be sure rather than the first night back and everything was all messed up.

If I was an extended family member targetting HaLeigh I'd watch and wait for any daylight outside opportunity to call her over, if she knew me or was comfortable with me or snatch her when no-one was around than ever break-in the MH where Misty could have had her phone with her and dial 911.

While the middle of the night seems more undercover in darkness, you can see better in daylight if anyone is around. I found late at night when I go out that there are always people around even at 2am and you don't always notice them.

Originally posted by Kamky:

So to continue, IF there was a family/friend abduction of Haleigh, their Profile would be:

Someone who had been in the MH and:
- knew the layout of the rooms
- and knew where the beds were
- and knew the back screen door would slam unless propped.

Someone who Haleigh knew pretty well.

Someone who knew Ron worked at night on weekdays.

Someone who had access to a door key:
- knew where a copy was hidden or
- or had been able to make a copy of Misty's key
- or had been in the MH earlier that day and unlocked the door
- or had a helper who had been in the MH earlier and unlocked the door.

Someone who knew Misty was a heavy sleeper and would be exausted from the prior weekend or someone who came & did drugs with Misty that night to knock her out.

If we make a list of persons who fit this profile, that would be a list of potential candidates.

I encourage anyone here, who thinks a family member took Haleigh and is keeping her to do the same type of theory and use the time line that we were given. I would say you need the same 3 things as Motive, Opportunity and the means to carry out this crime. You will have to also include Misty's inconsistencies and LDT as to why she would react this way to a family member on the other side taking her. Please include, transportation, drive times, where she would be living and the cost to do this. Also, ID and medical records, school, neighbors or other relatives as to how this is explained. I think it is easy to start looking at Marty, but if you really believe this to be true, then walk yourself thought it. Include the MH evidence as well, the brick, the light on, the changing of cloths, no crying out from Haleigh or laughing or making any noise to wake Jr or Misty. I have done this and I can't get it to work. Just walking into another person's home, even if you know them, is scary, risky and stupid. Much easier to take the child at school, out playing or anywhere but in the same bed as the babysitter. I just don't see it. I will eat all the crow you want if this is the case. And I will be HAPPY to do it. I would love for Haleigh to be alive and in hiding, but I don't see that with what we know now.

Originally posted by Cyberborg:

MH abduction theory

I would like to add that the Cinder Block was left behind; a critical piece of evidence. Also most family members had DNA taken so if the cinder block had any DNA it is reasonable to think it didn't match any family or none was left behind. So I have to ask again, did the perp, where gloves? If so he had the foresight to bring the cinder block and wear gloves, however he took a chance going into a home that had guns.

Originally posted by Pondering Mind:

One of the things that make your post so thought provoking cyber is that the key to this is that ALL criteria have to be met, not a few, half or most...ALL of them and some would only have been able to be found out at the last minute, such as:
(1) Misty being alone (keeping in mind that Ron apparantly did not know until the last minute that he was working over.)
(2) What time Misty was going to bed. (who in the world besides Misty could have predicted that?)
(3) Which bed HaLeigh was sleeping in that night. (has it ever even been confirmed by LE which bed she was actually sleeping in, if they know? IIRC Misty has stated both at different times.

As you said the list could go on. Much to ponder...thanks alot cyber, I was planning on getting a good nights sleep tonight! j/k....but seriously am going to bed (and hopefully to sleep!) Night All..:)

I believe if Misty did this, she did something to Haleigh alone in a rage or revenge after fighting with Ron on the phone and as a result of the fight before she even left for the weekend. Showing fake pregnancy tests could be an indication of jealousy towards Ron's kids and his ex women. I also believe that Misty did not have help in the home because she messed up with her Jr. being awake, blanket washing, and cleaning stories. Misty may be saying the opposite about her family. I believe they are the only ones who would have helped her with getting rid of something and they'll never squeal on her. I don't believe any girlfriends, men friends of Misty, or anyone they knew helped Misty or had anything to do with it. They would have talked by now and more than just that one Joe guy. I believe Jr., that someone dressed in black took Haleigh, but no one had told what else he said or Haleigh was taken from or where Misty was at the time.

Either that or an abductor known to the family really did come in and take Haleigh.

Here's my take on it.

I think they had an argument around 8:30 pm like they claim. I think Haleigh was giving MC a hard time about going to bed and RC took his dinner break to come home to see what was going on. I think he got a little too forceful trying to get Haleigh to bed and there was an accident. Someone made a statement that they had seen the red truck at the MH later that evening. I think he may have taken her in the red truck, took care of what he had to and went back to work. In the meantime, he told MC to shut her phone off knowing she was in no shape to talk to anybody. I do think he called Hank and asked him to go over there to check knowing the house would be dark and no one would answer the door. Whether Jr. was awake or not, is another story. That was his alibi. "I was at work". Someone also saw him at the convenient store at 2am. It took him an hour and a half to get home? There is some sincerity in his voice on the 911 call, but he composes himself instantaneously enough to swear at the people on the other end of the phone. I attribute this to his being upset (really upset) earlier in the evening, but once it was over, he had enough time to get himself somewhat pulled together to begin the cover up mode. He knew he couldn't go to jail, he would lose both of them. So, she became his patsy (MC) and was instructed on what to say, how to act, thus keeping your friends close. On the today show with Meredith, she answers with her famous "I don't know" when asked about her inconsistencies. She looks straight at him as if to be asking, "what should I say"? The marriage came about within a month because I believe they saw it as a "tribute" to Haleigh and a sign of their pact together. A bit premature if you ask me for a child you allegedly believe is still alive.

The icing on the cake for me was when he texted MC to tell her she had been setup. That was a blatant "keep your mouth shut" to me. This is just theory through perception and piecing together different things that have been put out there.

I would just like to add that I don't like having these thoughts as I honestly feel he loved his little girl.

Here's my take on it.

I think they had an argument around 8:30 pm like they claim. I think Haleigh was giving MC a hard time about going to bed and RC took his dinner break to come home to see what was going on. I don't know about PDM but when my husband worked at a plant here, if the left the premises for lunch/dinner they had to clock out. In case of an accident they wouldn't be on "company time".I think he got a little too forceful trying to get Haleigh to bed and there was an accident. Someone made a statement that they had seen the red truck at the MH later that evening. I think he may have taken her in the red truck, Tommy's red truck? IIRC LE checked that out for physical evidence.took care of what he had to and went back to work. In the meantime, he told MC to shut her phone off knowing she was in no shape to talk to anybody. I do think he called Hank and asked him to go over there to check knowing the house would be dark and no one would answer the door. Whether Jr. was awake or not, is another story. That was his alibi. "I was at work". Someone also saw him at the convenient store at 2am. IIRC this has been mis-proven, it was not 2am.It took him an hour and a half to get home? There is some sincerity in his voice on the 911 call, but he composes himself instantaneously enough to swear at the people on the other end of the phone. I attribute this to his being upset (really upset) earlier in the evening, but once it was over, he had enough time to get himself somewhat pulled together to begin the cover up mode. He knew he couldn't go to jail, he would lose both of them. So, she became his patsy (MC) and was instructed on what to say, how to act, thus keeping your friends close. On the today show with Meredith, she answers with her famous "I don't know" when asked about her inconsistencies. She looks straight at him as if to be asking, "what should I say"? The marriage came about within a month because I believe they saw it as a "tribute" to Haleigh and a sign of their pact together. A bit premature if you ask me for a child you allegedly believe is still alive.

The icing on the cake for me was when he texted MC to tell her she had been setup. We don't know what the message said or who it was from unless we actually see the text. IMOThat was a blatant "keep your mouth shut" to me. This is just theory through perception and piecing together different things that have been put out there.

My comments and question are in blue. :)

My comments and question are in blue. :)

Thanks for your input as I'm sure I'm not accurate on some things. It's the "theory" thread so I put my thoughts out there.

Your questions in blue.....

I don't know about PDM but when my husband worked at a plant here, if the left the premises for lunch/dinner they had to clock out. In case of an accident they wouldn't be on "company time".

I'm sure it's expected that you would clock out but, it's possible that didn't happen.

Tommy's red truck? IIRC LE checked that out for physical evidence.

I think you are correct on that, but not until after it was sold to him.

IIRC this has been mis-proven, it was not 2am

I stand corrected on that. I was not aware.

We don't know what the message said or who it was from unless we actually see the text.

Theorectically, that is true but....I have my sources on that one of which I will not reiterate on. Consequently, I am confident that is what happened.

the following theory in the missing child case of Haleigh Cummings. Of course all thoughts are based on my personal opinions and deductions in the case and should not be mistaken for fact. While I have developed a theory based on as many facts as possible, there are multiple theories that might fit or various perpetrators that given the exact circumstances might be interchanged. For my theory, I will be exploring an abduction between the hours of 8 pm and 3 30 am with the perpetrator of the abduction being Cousin Joe who was visiting from Tennessee the week Haleigh went missing with possible help from Hank Croslin jr.

MOTIVE: Retaliation for fight over 9 mm Berretta that Cousin Joe allegedly stole from Ronald Cummings 2 weeks before Haleigh went missing. Initially I believe the plan may have been to make access into 202 Gr Lane on the night of February 9th and steal back the gun that had previously been recovered from Joe’s hiding spot in a culvert on Tommy and Lindsey Croslin’s property.I believe that Haleigh woke while the thieves were in the home and since she would have been able to identify Joe and Misty’s brother Hank jr (Tommy) she was taken.

OPPORTUNITY: I believe that it was widely known to members of the Croslin family that Ronald Cummings worked the evening shift at PDM Bridge. Being that Cousin Joe was in Florida for two weeks prior to Haleigh’s disappearance and was staying with the brother and sister in law of Misty and had exclusive access to the blue family van. Believe it or not a consistent story was told by various members of the Croslin family in reference to the gun. The overwhelming theme was that Cousin Joe had taken the gun and placed it in a culvert for safe keeping until gun could be retrieved and make the trip over state lines back into Tennessee with Cousin Joe. Misty’s father Hank SR, Lisa Croslin, Lindsey Croslin alongside her Husband Hankjr all recounted the story about the gun hidden in the culvert. Lindsey pointed out the culvert to numerous people and stated that the gun was hidden in the drainage pipe when Misty went to retrieve the while on the phone with Ronald.

THE STEPS: It has been stated that Misty turned her phone off around the 8:30 pm mark on the evening of Feb. 9th. Upon repeated unanswered calls from initiated by Ronald a phone call was then made to the Croslin home to inquire if perhaps Misty was there and not answering her phone. After gaining the information that Misty was not answering Ronalds calls, I believe that Cousin Joe saw an opportunity to “give Ronald what he had coming to him” those were the words used to describe Joe’s reaction after the fight over the missing gun.

Hank jr and perhaps Cousin Joe as well would have known entry points at 202 Gr Lane. I think it is reasonable to assume that both men had been inside Haleigh’s home and would not have been troubled about fingerprints or possible DNA being found in the trailer. Both men also would have known that Misty is known to be a sound sleeper and with the knowledge gained by the phone call from Ronald, they knew she was sleeping deep enough for his phone calls to go unanswered. With that phone call they may also have discovered that Ronald was asked to work the extra hours at PDM. This was an added bonus as seen by them because it gave them more time to carry out their plan.

Access was made into the home, I have suspicion that it might have even been through the front door to the trailer since we never heard if the front door was even locked at all. Regardless, entry was made at they began looking for the gun. Somehow during that time I believe Haleigh woke up and discovered the two men in the trailer. She would not have had immediate cause for concern because both men were known to her. No screaming, no struggle. Now the two men had a very serious problem, they had been seen and it called for quick action to avoid Ronalds wrath. Perhaps at this point Haleigh was asking questions of the men, JR began to rouse, Haleigh was scooped up by one of the men and it was discovered that she was wet. Through the kitchen and to the back door where there was possibly a clean shirt for Haleigh. I believe it was here that one of the men, and I am leaning towards Cousin Joe because it was said that he had “bricked open” doors before in robberies, stayed behind and staged the door with the cinder block and perhaps led Haleigh down the path in the woods, leaving a footprint in the dirt. While the other man perhaps raced back to grab the keys to the family van and use it to conceal and make it away form 202 Gr Lane without being noticed by neighbors and also cover any noise that Haleigh would be making, because now she knows that something is very wrong.

WRAPPING UP: There are indeed pictures of this blue van with deep scratches down the side. Misty’s sister in law confirms that the van was taken by Law Enforcement and processed for evidence. Perhaps Haleigh’s fingerprints and DNA were found inside the van and that would not have been out of the norm since it was a vehicle shared by various members of the Croslin family. In a recent interview with Chelsea Croslin here : http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/05/exclusive-inside-the-haleigh-cummings-family-feud/#more-3180 this was said.. SNIP~With her car totalled, Chelsea started driving the blue family van, which she initially reported appeared to be parked in a different spot than she usually left it the day Haleigh was reported missing. Cousin Joe Overstreet had spent the night, and Chelsea later told police she’d left the keys on the kitchen counter, where she usually does, within easy reach. Reflecting now, she says, “What I told police was that I can’t totally, 100 per cent account for Joe that night…
“I don’t see Joe doing something like this, but I just gave police my observations — that the van just seemed to be in a different spot. I have a long driveway, and the back steps are to the left. I usually turn the wheel so the car is behind the stairs. This time, I noticed it seemed to be parked more on the side of the house. I don’t know if Joe took it to the store, or maybe he didn’t take it at all.” ~ END SNIP

As you can tell I have left out the ugly part in my theory. To sum up and tie it together THIS THEORY I will say that Haleigh was taken from the MH that night with perhaps the intention of only an attempt to buy Cousin Joe and Hankjr the time to develop a story that would explain to Haleigh why they were in her fathers home, At this point Haleigh is scared and completely aware that something bad is happening to her, she was scared and perhaps even screaming now. It became necessary to silence Haleigh and that is what they did. Whether they placed a hand over her mouth or what method they used, with Haleigh’s Turner Syndrome I believe her breathing was labored, possibly more than a child without asthma or a breathing disorder, and Haleigh was killed. I go back and forth on the exact circumstances of disposal with this theory. The events of the evening could have been changed up and Haleigh might have been smothered off the trail in the woods possibly even in the small outbuilding that was searched and then placed in the dumpster or near the dumpster until one of the men could retrieve the Croslin van. However it happened, for the purpose of this theory I will end with Haleigh being disposed of in the river, or possibly a canal. There was a track that cadaver dogs followed down to the docks and we know all about the dumpster hits right. I believe this was all carried out between the hours of 10:30 and possibly 2:30. Hank jr has admittedly placed himself at 202 Gr Lane in this time frame, Cousin Joe hightailed it back to Tennessee the next day the 10th and was urged by family and friends to travel back to Satsuma to be interviewed and clear his name. Personally his name will never be cleared until he comes clean and the vehicle that he traveled back to Tennessee in is searched and he accounts for his evening in the same manner that all other people who had contact with Haleigh have done.

Cyberborg: In response to the post of yours involving things that would have to happen in order for this scenario to be carried out. I think I addressed all of your questions. These two men would have been privy to information that only family members would know. Couple that with the information that a call from Ronald was received and they possibly gained the knowledge that He was working late and therefore they knew they had the extra time to carry out the plan. Fingerprints and DNA absolutely could have been found inside the home but because both men had access to trailer in the past they have their excuse.....Any other points I forgot please feel free to ask. This is indeed just a theory. I have 2 others but quite honestly i am a little tired out from working up this one!:blushing:....

As a side note, I have been trying to track down the information that would tell me how Cousin Joe returned to Tennessee on the 10th. I have family members in Knoxville that have tried researching this for me and they have found out nothing. You might remember that A RAV 4 was seen at a Carrabba's as well as a little girl with a man that was covering her face. Could Joe have brought Haleigh to Tennessee with him? Too many questions

information because it helped me to support and develop my above theory.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132845&catid=3

snip~Croslin's mom and dad, Lisa and Hank, spoke out about a 19-year-old cousin who lives in Tennessee. His name is Joe. We are not identifying his last name because police have not named him a suspect in the case.

Police confirm the FBI has talked to Joe. Croslin's father says he spoke to police about the teenager on Tuesday. "I was into the police station yesterday telling them everything. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying, but ya know. I don't know what else to do."

The First Coast News I-team has found Joe's myspace page. The last posting on his site is from February 22, 2009.

A friend by the name of Thomas told Joe, "Just go back down there and help find the lil girl it just might clear your name."

The Croslins say about two weeks before Haleigh disappeared, Joe and Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, had an issue over a gun. "He stole Ronald's gun. One morning, on the porch, said, Ronald will get what's coming to him. It was dropped, he left and Haleigh was gone," says Lisa Croslin.

Police confirm they are investigating the information about the stolen gun.~end snip

I believe that Ronald believed if he confirmed the story about the gun who would have been implicating himself in a crime(possession) but also endangering Haleigh's life if Cousin Joe indeed was behind Haleigh's disappearance and Ronald thought he would eventually bring her home.

but there is no mention that Cousin joe was present or has ever offered his DNA sample.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/05/exclusive-inside-the-haleigh-cummings-family-feud/#more-3180

snip~What Chelsea does know is that the day Haleigh was reported missing, cousin Joe split for Tennessee; she was beyond exhaustion. “We’d just left Gainesville, dropping (Misty’s mother) Lisa off to be with Hank at the hospital. I’d been up late trying to figure out insurance claims for our car that was wrecked, dealing with an injured father in law and then, we go to sleep and about 4 a.m., and I get a phone call.”

It was Misty. “I don’t usually answer the phone in the middle of the night,” she tells me, “but I did this time and heard everyone in the background yelling for Haleigh.”

They lay in bed for an hour or so, not sure what to make of it, not wanting to wake up her two girls, close to giving birth to a third. At about 6 a.m., “I woke up Timmy when we realized this was serious. I couldn’t imagine anything like this. I just figured she’s probably hiding in a closet. My kids hide from me all the time. Sometimes I’ll find them in a cabinet. To them, it’s a game.”

It was no game. Within hours, she’d raced back to Gainesville to pick up Misty’s mother and hightailed it back to the Sheriff’s Department, where she and Timmy joined the long line of family members for interviews, took polygraphs, and watched Ronald and Misty hand over the clothes they were wearing to police. “Ronald was wearing his company jumpsuit, like a blue work outfit that zipped up the front, and they both went in back and took off everything, including their underwear.”

Chelsea says whenever she has a question, or comes up with a detail that might be a lead, she calls Putnam County and asks for one of the investigators she works with. “I don’ t want anyone to think we had anything to do with anything. We love Haleigh and Junior; I’d never hurt a child. We don’t even spank ours.”~ end snip

I feel Haleigh was abducted only for sexual reasons that went completely WRONG and disposed of.

I feel Haleigh was abducted only for sexual reasons that went completely WRONG and disposed of.

Okay that is not fair...lol. I was told I must submit my theory in the above format only..lol. Chesterp, your thoughts have been my thoughts over and over at different times since Haleigh went missing. Sexual relations could even have been attempted by either male in my theory but I simply could not bring myself to type out the disgusting and explanatory sentences.

Good to see you ((((chesterp))))

Nice job Elle,

The only thing I would see different is Misty wouldn't be home. This gives Joe and Hank Jr. time to look for the gun, maybe look for anything else of value, time to see Haleigh up and talk to her, change her cloths, and decide what they want to do about it. Robbing a gun and jumping to kidnapping and murder are a huge leap. Hank also knew her, better than Joe. I think it would be easier for Joe to do a bad thing to her than Hank, but if we believe Misty, they both liked little girls.

Good theory and it could have happened that way. Thanks again and it is a lot of work. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back