GUILTY NC - Clover, WhtFem, 18-28, found strangled, Oct'09 - Heather Catterton

jcamille

Reaction score
Clover SC - a white female body was found on 10/29/09 off a rural dirt road. Police released a description of the clothes they found with her including blue jeans, sneakers, red longsleeve t-shirt, gray sweatshirt with red HOLLISTER lettering on front, and biggest clue - purple striped TOE socks.

They believe she is between 18-28 years old. They do not believe she was killed at the site where she was found. They also do not believe she had been at the site she was found very long.

Replying to my own post ....

My first thought was could it be missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, but I found an article with a description of what she was wearing the night she went missing and the clothes do not match. She had on a denim mini skirt, tights, boots.

Clover SC - a white female body was found on 10/29/09 off a rural dirt road. Police released a description of the clothes they found with her including blue jeans, sneakers, red longsleeve t-shirt, gray sweatshirt with red HOLLISTER lettering on front, and biggest clue - purple striped TOE socks.

They believe she is between 18-28 years old. They do not believe she was killed at the site where she was found. They also do not believe she had been at the site she was found very long.

Link please?

Never mind, I found one.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/21471322/detail.html
There is a slideshow here of her clothing.
Says the road she was found on only has about 5 houses and she was found by a homeowner out on his fourwheeler.
Coroner would not comment on injuries and they believe she is no older than her 20's.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11409862
Found on Robinson Rd. Rural area between Clover and Gastonia, SC.
The area where she was found is a spot where people hide out and drink beer.

http://www.wopular.com/female-body-found-york-county
Very close to the NC/SC state line.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/1027319.html
Area she was found on is a gravel road. (Might matter later.)

so many questions here. do we have an estimate on when she died? were the remains skeletal? height/weight/hair color? I wish they'd release more info.

the only thing I can glean (?) from this is that maybe she was on the younger side of her 20s - Hollister tends to be more of a high school/college age brand than something a woman closer to 30 might wear. But I don't know, I'm just assuming...

If you watch the slideshow and check out her clothes, the jeans are in good shape (I have the same pair) and the shoes are still bright white, like new. She couldn't have been in the field more than a couple of days.

Maybe a couple of weeks tops, depends on when the last rain was, I don't think those shoes went through a rainstorm.

so many questions here. do we have an estimate on when she died? were the remains skeletal? height/weight/hair color? I wish they'd release more info.

the only thing I can glean (?) from this is that maybe she was on the younger side of her 20s - Hollister tends to be more of a high school/college age brand than something a woman closer to 30 might wear. But I don't know, I'm just assuming...

anybody can be made to switch into somebody elses clothing we need better description

If you watch the slideshow and check out her clothes, the jeans are in good shape (I have the same pair) and the shoes are still bright white, like new. She couldn't have been in the field more than a couple of days.

Maybe a couple of weeks tops, depends on when the last rain was, I don't think those shoes went through a rainstorm.

I agree. I wish we had more details as well though because in looking at national center for missing and exploited, I'm not finding anyone who is mid-to-late 20s. With that though, the report says she would be NO older than late 20s so I'll look at those 20ish and up and see if any last seen-clothing descripts tie in to someone.

Realizing the female body could be a person from anywhere or a person not yet even reported, I wanted to see if NAMUS or National Center for Missing & Exploited Children list any missing females between the ages of 18-28 from either North/South Carolina since the body was discovered on the border of the two. I feel this girl went missing recently based on the condition of her clothing and the report that the body hadn't been in that area long.

I found no females matching this criteria in NC. There are two, 17 year-old SC girls who are listed as going missing on Oct. 11 and Oct. 14 but both are categorized as endangered runaways which is not to say that if accurate, they may not have been putting themselves in harm's way.

This is Deanna Marie Porter who went missing on Oct. 11 from Simpsonville, SC

This is Lacey Woods who went missing on Oct. 14 from Rock Hill, SC

I guess once we have more information, maybe we can do some real sleuthing.

http://www.heraldonline.com/front/story/1715094.html
snipped>
The victim was a white female approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing about 150 to 160 pounds, with brown hair and dark eyes, according to a news release. She was between 18 and 28 years old.

York County sheriff’s deputies are investigating this case as a homicide, but said that does not necessarily mean there was a homicide involved.

note: says jeans found near the body
more at link..............

Both girls mentioned in previous post do not have right color hair or the right weight.
IMO.

Heather Williams looks like the better bet out of the two, but only because it seems that if she had been Hispanic, it was within the time frame to be able to say that.

I agree Heather Williams is a possibility. Good find Snuf. The distance between Easley, SC and where the doe was found is about 1 1/2 hours which isnt really that far if she had friends in the area.

I saw an interview last night with the man who found the body and he said that he first saw her leg and it looked like a mannequin's leg, so he thought it was someone playing a Halloween prank. That comment leads me to believe she did not have on the jeans.

He also said that her shirt was pulled up over head - my first thought was as if she had been dragged, but the location she was found was in a ditch as if she had been dumped from a car.

I think she's on the younger side of the 18-28 range if not even younger than that range - because - as the other person noted - Hollister is a brand worn by high school kids. But my main reason is that she was wearing toe socks. To me, toe socks are something that kids wear in junior high and high school. I can't even imagine college kids wearing toe socks and definitely not adults..

I saw an interview last night with the man who found the body and he said that he first saw her leg and it looked like a mannequin's leg, so he thought it was someone playing a Halloween prank. That comment leads me to believe she did not have on the jeans.

He also said that her shirt was pulled up over head - my first thought was as if she had been dragged, but the location she was found was in a ditch as if she had been dumped from a car.

Is there a link for that video?

Thanks!
Snuf

Her jeans were found near her body. She was wearing the t shirt.

Here's what bothers me, the clothes that were found with her, don't match the body description.

We know she was wearing the shirt when she was found, we know she was not wearing the jeans. They were found near her.

She is described as 150-160 pounds - the jeans are listed as a size 5. www.heraldonline.com - there is no way that a woman who is 150-160 pounds can wear a size 5 in jeans.

Plus, I have previously described my doubts about a woman that age wearing toe socks. I wonder what size the sneakers are and if she had them on or were they found with her. The shoes look brand new.

I would assume that one of the ways they determined the age range is by whether she had her wisdom teeth or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back