GUILTY WI - Warren Henkelman for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Portage, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
Warren Henkelman, 42, was arrested in Portage, WI on six sex-related felonies against children. LE believes that he is a RSO from Oregon who failed to register but didn't fail to keep offending:

http://portagedailyregister.com/news/article_7f72926a-c5de-11de-bb16-001cc4c002e0.html

"Henkelman probably has lived in Portage at least four or five years.
"There's no way we would've known that he was a registered sex offender."

Something's wrong with the system, folks.

OMG, the victim in the complaint against him is his own daughter. Another possible victim is the daughter's friend who had spent the night. What a sick and evil *advertiser censored*.

He's got a MS page. It's him, most definitely. He's known as Uncle Fester. That's really cute, huh? You can find it by searching for his legal name. I copied his blogs and am reading through them. The comment that jumps out at me is this one:

"I'm a homebody, I take care of my 3 wonderful kids and love my wife....Now for the truth I'm a real smart *advertiser censored*..."

Smart enough to avoid detection but not smart enough to leave babies alone. So, he's a RSO on the lamb from Oregon and no one knows that he's living with young children. Why isn't he listed as absconded from Vinelink, unless he successfully completed probation? Why didn't anyone search for him? Wouldn't his wife or extended family know of his status? There looks to me a number of Henkelman families in that area of Wisconsin. Was he hiding in plain sight?

Reading the interviews with the young girls breaks my heart. I have to be careful to process this appropriately as so much of this reminds me of our children's interviews. Words coming from a child's mouth that never ever should. Study his picture. Trying to be totally honest, I can see myself allowing my 11 year old to spend the night at his family home. Looks like a decent enough guy, huh?

Oh my gosh. I'm really sick now. This guy has a very well developed MS page as does his wife. Lots of blogs. There are three children. It looks as if the oldest, S, is his child. Then there's a little boy and a baby boy, who is definitely the new wife's child. There are many many pics of the children and extended family, including grandmothers. Did none of them know of his RSO status? None?

I'm especially unnerved by the fact that this family does dog rescue transport. Our family has participated in dog rescue for 20 years and our kids have been totally on board. The thing that bothers me is that doing transport means that this man has been all over the map. His MS page has a whole section of photos concerning transport. The kids went with him. Yuck. I got pretty involved in researching the recent arrest of Darrin Daily out of Newberg, OR. This man reminds me so much of Darrin. Homebody, loves his kids, loves his dogs. Double yuck.

I'm going to have to give this one a rest for a bit and go cuddle my dogs and knit. I have to center myself so that I don't totally freak out. They don't all get under my skin. This one does.

A little obsessed here. I apologize.

Can Child Welfare please make note (direct quote from WH's blog):

"I have not had a record in years I did my time for stupid things or ill treated my daughter. I have not been in anyway a agitator in relations with said person. I have proven to be a father and a upstanding person in our community. The courts have proven, by Adlitem and social services that our daughter is in no way being mistreated, and I have primary placement of said child you have made accusations about me with. She told the workers you had her lie. She told the workers that she is fine where she is. For the first time in 3 years I have finally seen the people that attacked me on your behalf turn on you for your consistant lies and continual portrayal as a victim."

Primary placement and abusing her and her girlfriend. I'm sorry but I don't consider rape and molestation, ill treatment. Ill treatment is failing to provide nutritious meals or appropriate clothes for the weather. Ill treatment is NOT getting little girls drunk and molesting them!! Her mother, whatever her own issues, must be sick right now. It sounds like she fought him but lost.

I know we can't post MS links to victims but a certain child does have a MS page and she's very young. She states that she's "bi".

Remember what LE said about Henkelman:

"Henkelman probably has lived in Portage at least four or five years.
"There's no way we would've known that he was a registered sex offender."

That's an interesting statement as I checked http://www.familywatchdog.us/ and simply typed in the name "Warren Henkelman" for any state. He came up immediately, with appropriate address in Portage. The "source of information" states "Wisconsin Offender Registry".

Can someone explain this to me, please. The man was living with three children under the age of 11. Did LE know about him or not? Isn't that a simple enough question? I wouldn't be too happy if my child had been spending overnights at the Henkelmans.

"According to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Offenders Registry Web site, Henkelman was convicted in the state of Oregon in June 1992 of third-degree rape. Although he is a lifetime registrant as a sex offender, he did not inform authorities in Wisconsin of his move into the area, according to Detective Lt. Mark Hahn of the Portage Police Department." (per the Portage Daily Register)

Then what is the Wisconsin Offender Registry and why did they have WH's correct stats and address (even a helpful map to his home) on the simplest to access site for RSO searches? Is Detective Hahn confused?

RSO's need to be gps chipped.... bottom line. They need to be able to be tracked at all times and we must not DEPEND ON THEM to report in when they change an address, etc... This guy makes me hurl.

Can we assess what went wrong here? WH is convicted in OR and becomes a lifetime RSO. He gets full custody of his daughter (victim??) and moves to Portage, WI. He marries and has two male children. Is he reporting? Does the local LE know his living arrangement? Do they approve? Does his wife know of his status--how about the grandmothers? I found his info on two easy-to-access RSO lists. Did other parents check this? Does this guy just waltz into the PD on every birthday and register and then go about his sorry life?

I've read page after page of blithering blogs about how WH's daughter's mother tried to drag him through the mud. I've looked (in horror) at all his work for animal rescue and wondered what sort of free reign this gave him to travel alone with kids and to travel to other states to "pick up dogs". Please help me out here. I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.

Then read the complaint against him and your blood will go cold. This man is evil. The step-mother wonders why the child is acting out at school--why she's being inappropriate with boys and yelling profanities. The child's punishment is "full-grounding" when it's clear that the Dad, WH, is the stay at home parent and the step-mother works long hours on a factory production line. The father has the audacity to show pics of his child's fancy new bedroom. The bedroom where her little forehead got beaten into the headboard as he abused her.

I'm not happy.

They've set bond at $50,000--even more than the DA requested. The judge also denied a competency hearing for now. Competency? Read the man's blogs on his MS page. The guy is competent. This article also mentions that he was arrested as a juvenile on a sexual charge. Some things never change.

http://portagedailyregister.com/news/local/article_5428c928-c906-11de-951f-001cc4c002e0.html

Did anyone ever find out where WH was charged in Oregon or the facts about that case? I'm curious and can't find a thing. I have the hardest time believing that the charge would have involved his daughter as he has full custody of her. She and her friend are his most current victims. You never know.

Warren Henkelman has been ordered to undergo competency testing.

http://portagedailyregister.com/news/local/article_e958a6a0-cdb9-11de-a5e5-001cc4c002e0.html

"The purpose of the competency evaluation is to determine whether Henkelman can understand the charges filed against him, the penalties the charges carry and to determine if Henkelman can assist in his own defense.

In the motion filed Monday, Ryan requested the competency evaluation, writing that Henkelman is unable to focus on "factual matters necessary to his defense." Ryan also wrote in the motion that comments Henkelman made to Ryan might "signify the presence of mental or emotional disorders," and that Henkelman is "unable to participate in any meaningful dialogue" about court proceedings, and that Henkelman is unable to make decisions regarding his legal rights."

As I said in an earlier post, read some of WH's MP blogs and I think you'll find him competent. Give me a break.

RSO's need to be gps chipped.... bottom line. They need to be able to be tracked at all times and we must not DEPEND ON THEM to report in when they change an address, etc... This guy makes me hurl.

my thoughts exactly, nurse! gps-chip the predators. if Big Brother needs to be watching anyone, it should be those animals preying on our kids.

:furious:

Are we going to see a mea culpa report from the Wisconsin Registry about their lack of supervision in this case? Has this issue even been noted? I would think neighbors, the school, and the community would be very up in arms about this crime.

I have a 10 year old daughter and I would never allow her to sleep over at a friends house. Nor do we allow sleepovers at our house, my husband's uncle is actually in prison for supposedly molesting someone's kids who spent the night at his house. I say supposedly because some think the kids were coached to say that something happened when it didn't, but the only other people there were his kids, no other adult.
Either way, there are too many sick0s out there disguised as normal people. I would hate to think of what I'd do to a person who messed with my kid like that.

She didn't tell the social workers I made her lie. The social workers told me she was a liar or I was a liar because I was trying to get her back... Do you want to hear the funny part... The social worker was arrested about 7 months ago for haveing sex with a 12 and 13 year old boy while their father watched and then the father while the boys watched. She thought it was ok, thats the real reason she didn't do anything about what Warren was doing to SEH. I've tried telling them for 4 years that he was doing this.

Her bedroom also had no door. He could walk up the stairs and watch her get dressed if he wanted to. He also watched her shower through a hole in the wall. And at his new appartment, he drilled a hole in the tub so he could watch her shower... I hate him so much!!

http://portagedailyregister.com/news/article_f222d7bc-0bce-11df-bdf0-001cc4c03286.html

"The case will go forward against a Portage man accused of the sexual assault of an 11-year-old girl who faces a possible 100 years in prison after he was found competent to understand court proceedings.

Judge Daniel S. George ordered at a hearing Wednesday in Columbia County Circuit Court for the case against Warren J. Henkelman, 42, to go forward to a preliminary hearing.

George ordered Henkelman in December to undergo an in-depth evaluation at Mendota Mental Health Institute in Madison to determine whether Henkelman understands the charges and penalties against him and can assist his attorney in his defense.

The report stated that Henkelman was competent; defense attorney Dennis Ryan of Madison and Henkelman each stated at the hearing they did not dispute the findings.
"It's more of an awareness (of proceedings) as opposed to intelligence," Ryan said of the evaluation after the hearing. "It's a pretty low standard..............."

As I said numerous times, all one needed to do was read Warren's MS blogs (which are still open) to know that the man was "competent". In fact, he was quite skilled at his horrid crime. Let's get this show on the road so these children can have some closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back