FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's someone out there who's killed a child, and he's still out there in our community," Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said last week. "He may not be right here in Orange Park, but they're still out in society. And I want that person off the street."

I find that interesting with todays arrest.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21496653/detail.html

FWIW, the first person to be hit with a lawsuit regarding posting names of people not associated with a case will be Tricia. So I feel like whatever rules she sets forth regarding this issue works for me.

Beyond that, RSO are sex offenders for a number of reasons. Maybe we are talking about someone who was 17 and had a 15 year old girlfriend. Maybe we are talking about someone whose preference is not and never will be little girls. They probably have no place here. Again JMO.

Thanks for the post Dr, Did you get a chance to look at the comments posted below the article ? Some interesting thoughts.

I was just going to say that Cath, If it is true someone better straighten out that fund.

FWIW, the first person to be hit with a lawsuit regarding posting names of people not associated with a case will be Tricia. So I feel like whatever rules she sets forth regarding this issue works for me.
Beyond that, RSO are sex offenders for a number of reasons. Maybe we are talking about someone who was 17 and had a 15 year old girlfriend. Maybe we are talking about someone whose preference is not and never will be little girls. They probably have no place here. Again JMO.

Respectfully BBM

I agree 110% "09"...... If I inadvertantly post something that's a no no I give express permission for SOMEONE to slap me in the back of the head FAST. If 'Mom' had legal problems to arise over something I posted, I for one would be PIZZED....and that would be fine for ME......but realistically that wouldn't help 'Mom' a whole lot.

I was just going to say that Cath, If it is true someone better straighten out that fund.

Posting here makes me feel like a naughty school girl. There are things I want to say but can't. LOL

trying to catch up was looking some stuff up and found this intresting.
will try to link not sure it will work. the part I found so intresting was this

"A woman, who did not want to be identified, tells First Coast News' Monica Landeros she asked investigators to search this vacant home and dumpster on Monday night."
She says, "I'm upset. It's like, should I have looked, should I have gone in the dumpster?"

sorry if this has already been talked about.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/printfullstory.aspx?storyid=147081

Wow. I've been looking through the clay county booking log and it looks like the next few days are going to be full of hearings for RSO's who failed to update addresses. Good for them for enforcing this. A few of them were even arrested before Somer went missing.

Thank goodness I can start going to bed again at a decent hour. Hopefully, because Kuhn is the one! But really, what will there be to read on this site anymore, as far as I am concerned with all the no no's of what can be done and what can't. Boring!

What purpose could it serve not to release the cause of death in Somer's case?

Does anyone have any idea when the search of the burned out house started?

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Investigators left about 1 a.m. Friday morning, but the abandoned house is still a crime scene with 24-hour police protection.

Just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday, crews brought in a digging machine from the State Fire Marshall's Office to dig at various parts of the property and to lift heavy objects, according to officials. This is the area where 7-year-old Somer Thompson was last seen. FDLE agents are working overtime at the home, searching for evidence.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=147081&provider=top

I'll try to find if there were there on Wednesday too. Somer was found about 3:30 IIRC ... they may have gone straight to the house if they saw soot on her.

Interesting that the sheriff, mom and John Walsh are referring to a "him." I would have to believe that there is some kind of physical evidence.... :(

Has anyone figured out why they are saying that Somer was last seen alive at the house on Gano when at least one child reported seeing her after that? Is it because it was a child reporting it and maybe not reliable? IDK

Well I have been wondering this myself. We know that the Perp knows. Maybe they are holding back hoping the Perp will return to the Crime scene as many of them do.

WOW! This is the first time I have seen SP directly referred to in any aspect of the case since the police report. Surely this information is worthy of sleuthing.

Great catch Cath and Dr. Fessel!!!

Follow the money!?

Dr. Fessel, ITA. Information could help narrow down the possibilities for suspects. Like, was it a beating? A rape? Was she tortured? Is there a child sex predator in the neighborhood? Car accident and then disposal of the body? Some information could be published. I can see protecting the evidence but I think that the cause of death could loosen up someone's memory a bit.

Am I allowed to post a link to an old newspaper article that has info about WK and his victim? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆