GA GA - McDonough, WhtFemale Skeletal 231UFGA, 18-40, off I-75, Nov'73

kitbits

9 Lives and holding
Reaction score
Sleuthers, I need your help please! Could you have a look at this link re. Gloria Jean Baird, where I have posted regarding a UID that was added to Doe Network the other day & which I'd like to look into further, but I really need more feedback. I've never done this before, so any and all feedback would be appreciated. Of course, I'll read up on the rules, if it's decided that I should submit. Link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42482&page=3

Thanks all!

By appearance, TOD, and location, I say this is a good match. Hard with only a skull, because age, height, build, and possibility of having giving birth can't be narrowed down. I think the UID looks very much like Gloria. I would call and see if she has been ruled out preciously.

By appearance, TOD, and location, I say this is a good match. Hard with only a skull, because age, height, build, and possibility of having giving birth can't be narrowed down. I think the UID looks very much like Gloria. I would call and see if she has been ruled out preciously.

yes, agreed...it was the shape of the face that got me. I looked at the UID pic & immediately thought, 'that woman in Georgia...'

I live in Scotland & ringing isn't always convenient, due to the time difference, etc. I shall e-mail LE and ask.

thanks!

I think you should submit it, at least to see if the UID has been compared to Gloria Jean Baird. According to google maps, Atlanta and McDonough are only 31 miles apart and the reconstruction really resembles Gloria Jean Baird. Although, the estimated date of death is 1973, the skull could be older, in my opinion.
I would say: Go ahead! :)

ok, have e-mailed the case manager at the GBI & will hopefully hear back anon.

I agree with everyone, go for it.
Waiting to hear back.

Kit, I replied on the other thread about Gloria.... thanks for emailing LE-- I'll be anxious to hear what you find out!!

Looks good (from the pics) hope we dont have to wait too long to find out!

Sleuthers, I need your help please! Could you have a look at this link re. Gloria Jean Baird, where I have posted regarding a UID that was added to Doe Network the other day & which I'd like to look into further, but I really need more feedback. I've never done this before, so any and all feedback would be appreciated. Of course, I'll read up on the rules, if it's decided that I should submit. Link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42482&page=3

Thanks all!

yes .. I really think it is a match also.. great work... so glad you called it in..

her features are so darn close.. the eyes set apart and the bridge of the nose.. wow..

keep us up to date ok??

I think that is a good possible match! Please keep us posted.

Snuf

eeeee!!!! I got a response from the case manager at the GBI:

Thank you very much! Your's is the second inquiry about this case in
the last few days. I will be pursuing this.

Thank you!
Dawn

I wrote back and asked her if she would please keep me/us posted, so I'll let you all know :)

eeeee!!!! I got a response from the case manager at the GBI:

Thank you very much! Your's is the second inquiry about this case in
the last few days. I will be pursuing this.

Thank you!
Dawn

I wrote back and asked her if she would please keep me/us posted, so I'll let you all know :)

Oh I so hope this is a match for you.. so heart warming to know a person is back home with family to rest in peace...

So glad you heard back...

pray for more updates on her..

Still waiting to hear something, so I'm going to chase...:beagle:

coincidently, this morning I queried Macon & Henry Co PD, whether Carlene Tengelsen had been considered a possible match for this UID.

coincidently, this morning I queried Macon & Henry Co PD, whether Carlene Tengelsen had been considered a possible match for this UID.

hi tamar--do keep us posted, please--many thanks!

Gloria Jean Baird's daughter is a member here and contributed to the following thread, also about GJB:

WV-Skeletal remains found 11/14/80 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.whereisgloriajean.com is a website set up by her daughter and the above thread lists her LE contact.

I think this looks like a great match.

hi, raindrops--yes I've seen her daughter on here & was hoping she'd come on to this thread & let us know what she thinks...

& I see that someone posted a link to this thread there, so good--many thanks!

I sent a follow-up the other day, but no reply yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back