Refusing to Cut Back Opulent Partying Causes House of Versace's Downfall

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Rags to Riches to Rags Story of Versace

Even if you don't like Couture fashion this is a very interesting story of excess, drug abuse, and the fall of one of the most successful designers in the world.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/221454

In my late 30's I decided to get into shape so I could fit into a Versace dress. It wasn't wildly expensive but not cheap either.

I worked and worked at it. Finally got down to the size I was when I was a fetus. Between a 4 and a 6 and would be able to fit in the stretchy Versace I wanted.

Then I got pneumonia, gained weight, became broke, and that dream went out the window.

After reading about Donatella's problems, (even with all her money, she had problems) I decided that many times too much money creates boredom. I asked myself, Did I really want so much money that I would become bored with life?" My answer, "HELL YES. LET ME TRY IT." But I wouldn't be bored. I would use it all up to do good around the world and have fun too. Just give me a chance. :)

I'll start trying to get down to that size 6 again tomorrow. Right after my pizza.

The story of the Versace family is sad. The sadness began when Andrew Cunanan murdered Gianni (IMO). I am not sure if Gianni had followed suit with Ralph Lauren, by going public (the stock market, instead of family), if the financial impact would have been much better in the long run? There still could have been the chance that the money could have been partied away or the stock market issues would have impacted the empire negatively. For now, even as a holdout, the name can still sell for some serious money.

I'm praying that Allegra does well in this life, Brown University is an Ivy League school, and I pray that she is serious in her studies. She has the rest of her life to become an actress, and even if she's Paris Hilton bad, she has a very good chance of making a lot of serious cash. (JMO)

Personally, I've never entertained the notion of owning anything "Versace". I've often found couture fashion as being fascinating, glamorous and unique, owned some, and now the only thing that fits are the "designer handbags".

Enjoy your pizza, we can all try to be a size 6,5,4 or size zero, tomorrow.

For some reason I couldn't read the article. Having money can create many problems (I'd like to try it once though LOL). Too much money for Donatella's plastic surgery (she should have stopped the tanning and surgeries long ago). Her daughter's anorexia is heartbreaking. I can barely stand to see a picture of her.

What a sad story. Money does not buy happiness, that's for sure.

Donatella has become a caricature of herself. Poor thing looks like Janice from the Muppets. I have to admit though I found Mya Rudolph's impersonation of her on SNL a RIOT.

BoysMum: "and now the only thing that fits are the "designer handbags".

too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a sad story. Money does not buy happiness, that's for sure.

Donatella has become a caricature of herself. Poor thing looks like Janice from the Muppets. I have to admit though I found Mya Rudolph's impersonation of her on SNL a RIOT.

OMG... Janice from the Muppets. You are so right!

Well, well. It did not have to happen. Donatella did it to herself. I have no sympathy.

JMO

I worked in the industry, Versace was so hot in the late 80's. Donatella ruined the brand, she should have sold the name like Perry Ellis did. There were plenty of designers that would have jumped at the opportunity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back