GUILTY FL - Kataryn Johnson, 3, beaten to death, Melbourne, 6 Nov 2009

MeoW333

Reaction score
http://www.floridatoday.com/article...rime/Melbourne+man+charged+with+child+s+death

"A 27-year-old man remains under observation in a special cell today after being charged in the slaying death of his ex-girlfriend’s 3-year-old daughter last week.
Joseph C. Wente of Melbourne was charged with first-degree premeditated murder of Kataryn Johnson on Friday and was ordered held without bail during a Saturday court appearance at the Brevard County Detention Center."

Another to add to the list! :furious:

The mother came home from work to find her baby unconcious and while speeded her to the hospital, she met LE since they pulled her over while speeding.

any idea what the girlfriend's name is?

don't have to state it here but perhaps someone has a link with it in it

FWIW, the picture of the perp looks like he's a tweeker.

If you read the comments section of that article, it has at least the girl friends initial and last name.

Why does this have to keep happening?

These poor babies.
:(
fran

I don't know what a Tweeker is but he doesn't look like the type I'd leave my own child with. Not one tear nor look of remorse in that picture of him.
I'll never understand (nor care) how these sorts of animals come about,but they need to be stopped and never let out of prison.

I don't know what a Tweeker is but he doesn't look like the type I'd leave my own child with. Not one tear nor look of remorse in that picture of him.
I'll never understand (nor care) how these sorts of animals come about,but they need to be stopped and never let out of prison.

A tweaker is a person who is addicted to meth and like to play with wires and take apart things, even cars, to household electronics.

Ok, now I know Joseph Wente personally. And there is no doubt that what he did was heinous. Its been almost 5 years since that tragic night and on a whim I decided to see if he had been given the death penalty yet as he truly deserves it. I was shocked and appalled to learn that he plead out to a lesser charge earlier this month. His total sentence from time of arrest to release equals 15 years. I am absolutely disgusted by this and feel that no plea should have been accepted as he was found passed out in the house with Kataryn's blood all over him. She did not deserve what happened and his life should definitely be forfeit for his actions.... For those that don't know the details, he was not a tweeker. He was a pill head and was snorting oxycodone 30mg and xanax bars from a pill mill ring he was running between Brevard and Kentucky on that night. He got wasted and for some reason he got pissed at her and beat that poor girl from one end of the house to the other. I helped clean up the aftermath for her mom and I dealt with the real scene first hand. All I felt was rage and to this day I still want to get my hands on him with no consequences. His behavior is inexcusable and the fact Kataryn's mom (yes I know her name) agreed to the plea is just as shocking. But given her and Joseph have a child together I will reserve my judgement...

Rogue Viking - thanks for the update. I agree with you - 15 years is too little for robbing that child of her life, and for the pain and suffering she endured. Bless you for cleaning up so the mom didn't have to deal with that. On second thought, maybe if she had to deal with the aftermath, she wouldn't have been quick to agree to the plea deal. I'm sure you have images in your mind from that scene that you would like to forget.

He had beaten his 3 month old son less than a year earlier, and the man originally accused in that case later killed himself.

More here

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708