IN IN - Sheri Herr, 18, Warren, 13 October 1989

Nancyb1962

Reaction score
I am not sure that this is the correct forum to post this under. If it is not, please bump to wherever it is meant to be. I am new to the site, so am just learning.
I am writing about a murder I remember happening not too far from where we lived in Huntington County a few years ago. It was during the 1990's; I'm thinking late 1990's possibly. There were actualy two or three murders in that county around this time period. The one I am referring to here involved a girl I believe her name was Sherry, can't remember her last name. She was stabbed with scissors and killed by someone who broke into the home. She was either skiping school, or running late for school that day. The family lived only about 1/3 of a mile from us, located close to State Rt. 3 in Huntington Co Indiana. Does anyone remember this case, the names? or if anyone was ever finally arrested?
There was another one in Warren Indiana, around the same time, a Mr. Cameron was shot and killed. Rumor had it that it was one of his sons who had done it, but I dont recall ever heariong anyone having been charged.
Does anyone remember anythiong about these cases in the 1990's in Huntington County Indiana?
The net seems to not hold any information on them, unless I am just not looking in the right places.
also, about 30 years prior to these, there was supposedly another murder just off State Rt. 5 in Huntington County, where a group of teenagers high on drugs, drifted around a residential neighborhood and murdered a family, then just got back on thie intereste and vanished. Anyone remember anything about that? It was also in Huntington County, late 60's early 70's maybe.
Thanks,
Nancy

I found this, but never found any followup, or any preceding articles. This is a clip from the Journal Gazette, (Fort Wayne, IN) - Sunday, June 23, 1996:

" Wells County Police Detective Barry Story will not forget Sheri Herr , and he will not stop looking for her killer.
Herr, 18, was killed with a blow to the head and then stabbed in the throat with a scissors on Oct. 13, 1989, in her home near Dillman in southwestern Wells County.

Police said there was no forced entry to the home, and Herr had not been sexually assaulted. "

There is more, but that's the most relevant info.

Just found some on Mr. Cameron...this is from
The Journal Gazette (Fort Wayne, IN) - Sunday, April 26, 1992:

"Two weeks after the shooting death of Louden L. Cameron, authorities and residents still have more questions than answers....Cameron was found shot dead on the back porch of a house he owned on 11th Street that he had been rewiring. He had been shot in the chest; a handgun was found nearby..... Cameron was last seen the evening of April 10 and was found by a family member the next day after relatives realized he had not come home for the night. Cameron had been living in Warren with his son Tim Cameron, 35, since winter while working on the home."

I am not sure that this is the correct forum to post this under. If it is not, please bump to wherever it is meant to be. I am new to the site, so am just learning.
I am writing about a murder I remember happening not too far from where we lived in Huntington County a few years ago. It was during the 1990's; I'm thinking late 1990's possibly. There were actualy two or three murders in that county around this time period. The one I am referring to here involved a girl I believe her name was Sherry, can't remember her last name. She was stabbed with scissors and killed by someone who broke into the home. She was either skiping school, or running late for school that day. The family lived only about 1/3 of a mile from us, located close to State Rt. 3 in Huntington Co Indiana. Does anyone remember this case, the names? or if anyone was ever finally arrested?
There was another one in Warren Indiana, around the same time, a Mr. Cameron was shot and killed. Rumor had it that it was one of his sons who had done it, but I dont recall ever heariong anyone having been charged.
Does anyone remember anythiong about these cases in the 1990's in Huntington County Indiana?
The net seems to not hold any information on them, unless I am just not looking in the right places.
also, about 30 years prior to these, there was supposedly another murder just off State Rt. 5 in Huntington County, where a group of teenagers high on drugs, drifted around a residential neighborhood and murdered a family, then just got back on thie intereste and vanished. Anyone remember anything about that? It was also in Huntington County, late 60's early 70's maybe.
Thanks,
Nancy

Nancy,
With regard to the murder of Mr. Cameron, that occured in April, 1992 and no one has ever been charged, although some new information has come to light in the last month or two. Don't believe everything you hear. Rumors always follow any murder, and rumors are just that........rumors. Warren is a small town where everyone knows everyone else, so the rumor mill gets very distorted as it goes from person to person. I know the facts well, as Mr. Cameron was my dad.
Mona

Thank you for your replies. The Sheri was Sherri Hurr, the name instantly rang a bell. I will have to do some more digging now that you've found that. Thank you! We lived about 1 1/2 miles from there at the time.
Mona, thank you for posting. Yes, Warren is a small town, and it always had some kind of rumours floating around. I'm sorry if this post brought back unpleasant memories for you. I just remember it so well because I was one of the ones that the police actually came out to where I worked at the time (UMMH) and asked me and a friend of mine about it, as I was dropping her off at her house there on 11'th street when we heard what we believed was a gunshot as we stood outside my car. Her name was Sheri Lopez. She's passed away now, but we mentioned between ourselves many times after that, wondering what had ever become of the case. I no longer live there either, but we have been over that way a few times in the last few years. My father in law lived out on Reservoir, until he passed away this past June. When we lived there, we lived in the house on 3 right down from barn where they used to play music at by the tracks.
These incidents really disturbed me then, and still do today. Would love to find the answers to them.
Nancy

<snipped> also, about 30 years prior to these, there was supposedly another murder just off State Rt. 5 in Huntington County, where a group of teenagers high on drugs, drifted around a residential neighborhood and murdered a family, then just got back on thie intereste and vanished. Anyone remember anything about that? It was also in Huntington County, late 60's early 70's maybe.
Thanks,
Nancy

I found several reports of a family of four who were murdered in their home in 1980, after returning from an outing to discover a burglar in their home. This took place in Evansville, however.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...1007,1049366&dq=family-murdered+indiana&hl=en

attachment.php

Circumstances: On October 13, 1989, the victim was home alone at the time of the murder. She was was found deceased in her bedroom later in the day by a family member. The cause of death was blunt force trauma.Anyone with information concerning any of these cases, please contact:
Indiana State Police
District Investigative Commander
5811 Ellison Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
1-260-432-8661 or 1-800-552-0976
http://www.in.gov/isp/3208.htm

Attachments

• cc_Sheri_R_Herr.jpg
    cc_Sheri_R_Herr.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 43
I have a very strong interest in this case, as I am in the process of looking into local legends in the this area for an upcoming documentary film. If anyone has any additional leads or theories, or would like to communicate off a public forum due to the nature of the case, please email:

hermitlightmedia@gmail.com

Why the lack of information?? If Wells truly wanted this case solved, why is nothing able to be found online?

''Officials are looking for a white male who was driving a mid- to late-1970s dark red or maroon Chevrolet Camera. The car had stock sport wheels and darker double stripes running from front to back on the hood, roof and trunk. Mitchell said the car also had a raised back end and a spoiler on the trunk.''
1706636599809.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back