Bizarre Wedding for 16 Yr Old

I'm just trying to picture the priest when she showed up in (forgive me, I'm channeling my mother) "that getup."

Wow.

All I can say is that church offers a lot less, um, guidance, before marriage than mine does.

What kills me is the people defending her in the comments. I can't think of a single part of this story that is a good idea!

Her mom in that wedding photo looks like she is wearing a bra over her green dress! And both mom and daughter look like they have fake *advertiser censored*.... wonder if daddy paid for those...

LOL, did anyone notice the comment about the dad still having the label on his suit sleeve? The commenter asked if he was planning on returning it. I guess that's one way he could recoup a small portion of the money he spent.

Sorry, but the bride looked more like a hooker than a bride.

JMO

Her mom in that wedding photo looks like she is wearing a bra over her green dress! And both mom and daughter look like they have fake *advertiser censored*.... wonder if daddy paid for those...

I was fixing to post the same thing!!! LoL

I don't think the *advertiser censored* are fake. The two gals are just a little on the short and chubby side. Sounds like the people are Gypsies. There was a program on once about little girls being all dolled up and paraded around in some sort of pageant. They must do their weddings the same way.

Ahah... I see that they are "travellers"... what us Americans call "gypsies". I grew up in an area that had a gyspy community, called Murphy's Village... everything is about opulence and gawdy extravagance... bought with money that usually comes from people that they scammed. The priest, more than likely, was not surprised by the attire... he is probably a traveller-blooded priest (travellers/gypsies rarely go out of their circle of society... children tend to marry other traveller children, even sometimes marrying within the family). How the bride was dressed, and how it is reported that even little girls were dressed in what I equate to hooker attire: it is normal in that culture. I've seen with my own eyes, little American traveller girls dressed in heels, full makeup and attire that would make you blush.

News shows like 20/20 have done extensive reports on travellers/gypsies... exposing their underage marriage practices, scamming of the government, taking advantage of the elderly, so forth and so on.

To be fair, travellers/gypsies/Roma worldwide have historically been "kept down" in an underclass for centuries in ways similar to what black Americans have faced. Even today, in many countries they are effectively segregated from the rest of the public, sometimes intentionally (e.g. separate inferior schools for Roma children) and sometimes simply out of habit. Especially in eastern Europe the treatment they receive from the rest of the public can be cruel and shameful. Even those who try to seek education and work are treated as sub-human. It is sad but not surprising that over the centuries some of them have turned to crime for a living.

That said, certainly those crimes are not right. Neither is keeping one's children, especially girls, from an adequate education. Neither is sexualizing young children.

Though it's useful to remember that the first models asked to wear bikinis on the catwalks 60 years ago refused to do so, some in tears saying "we are not prostitutes!" Today we not only encourage teenage girls to wear bikinis, we give them to seven-year-olds, along with Bratz dolls whose only focuses are "looking hot" and buying skimpy clothing and makeup. We live in glass houses nearly as fragile as the Roma's.

Ohhhhhh Myyyyyy Goshhhhhh.
The whole thing is disturbing.

I am not trying to be mean but in my opinion the first thing that came to my mind was that one day toddler, preteen, teen and adult pageants will look like this. I am a grandmother to 2 girls who were in pageants one of whom won the other didn't. But I expressed to my daughter my dislike of the hooker make-up and hair-dos. I wish we could let our little girls be little girls for as long as they can, God knows how soon they have to grow up anyway.
So sorry about my rant.

This is indeed extremey disturbing- from the way the bride dresssed, and of course her age, to the tackiness of the whole thing.....Bizarre for sure.

She had on way to much makeup, it was caked on. What do they mean by a "caravan"? Are they gypsies, for certain they wouldn't live in a Dodge..

I think caravan just means 'mobile home' or ie- trailer,in the UK.

OK - I get the bride & wedding party doing what they want, but I don't get "Girls as young as nine showed off bikini tops, high heels and make-up."

I wonder if these 9yo's are in school?

caravan = RV and 16 is legal adult in the UK (I used to live there) and my oh my that was about the tackiest thing i've seen outside of hollywood....

I think it's tacky, too, but it's their cultural thing. The Mexican quinceaneras for the girls 15th birthday are another cultural example of expensive pageantry. Although the girls and guests are not usually over-exposed like the traveller bride is, the costs can run very high for these also.

And don't even get me started on the debutante crap!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-wedding-16-year-old-girl-lives-caravan.html

Cultural differences, I guess. This young woman (16 yr old) has not been in school since she was 9. If this happened in the US, lawyers would love a chance at this one.

She should have spent some of the budget on Abs of Steel if she was going to wear that dress. Sheesh! And this line is priceless:

Her dress, studded with Swarovski crystals, and with a 10ft wide train, was so heavy that it took ten guests to help her struggle out of the Rolls-Royce Phantom that brought her to the church.

Yeah. It was the dress honey. Keep telling yourself that.

Anyone notice that the Dad and the boyfriend look like twins?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back