CA CA - Highland, WhtFem 628UFCA, 30-50, Maltese cross necklace, Mar'77

jules19osu

Reaction score
I came across this the other day and wanted everyone's opinion. They are similar to an extent. The skin color is quite off but living in California may account for that. I also know that the dates are off by a bit, but Doe Network page says that she went missing AROUND June 1. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) UP2504 **POST MORTEM AT LINK**

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of April 11, 2023>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to say. I know it says around June 1, but it still a very big timing issue. The other stuff works great though. There is just not enough info on Theresa to go by. It would be easy to rule in or out if you could get a more accurate date for when she went missing.

I dunno. The jaw looks squarer on the unidentified woman, and the bone structure's not so soft. But that might just be the focus on the photo of the missing.

could a side by side picture be done. sorry I would but need to learn that yet.. coloring is way off..

is there more information on the missing woman?? some other missing site that maybe you have found on her.??

the nose doesn't look right to me, but who knows if the doe had fallen on it and it was swollen? I just figured out today, you copy the pictures to your computer and then go advanced and include them as an attachment. Worked for me :)

The UID looks Indian (from India) to me...

Looking at the NaMus site, it seems like it would be easy to rule her in or out - the Doe is missing a bunch of teeth. On the upper left side, it looks like she is missing four teeth in a row, starting with the tooth next to her front tooth. The NaMus site has it marked as antemortem, meaning the socket was healed and it didn't happen after death. I think that's pretty distinctive.

She was found extremely close to where I grew up. It was all orange groves at that point in time.

I didn't even notice the number of teeth that were missing. The more I think about this one the more I see it's pretty unlikely.

Thanks for your opinions!

the timing's way off. The body was found in March 1977 and Baxter went missing in June 1977. I know it's "around June 1, 1977," but that's a pretty big gap. On the other hand...weirder things have happened. But other things are off too.

I could use a little help from you more experienced sleuthers out there! I've been searching for a friend from high school who has been missing since 1971. I found on Namus a description of an UID that was found in LA area in 1976 and they estimated death 1976. The estimated age would be right. What really caught my attention is the clothing that was found both the pants and the shirt sound very similar to what my friend was wearing at the time of disappearance. The hair length is right, but the color is wrong. My question is this how accurate are coroners information as to hair color, what if the hair had been bleached or colored? How accurate is height/weight when taken from a dead body? How accurate is death date determination? Within months, years, ??? I find the clothing thing almost too coincidental not to submit it. Any help you can give me, I'd appreciate it! Thanks.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) **POST MORTEM AT LINK**

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Melanie Flynn 1952 Kentucky
Ella Beth Lodermeier 1948 South Dakota
Janis Sanders 1950 Michigan
Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin

Maybe Beatrice Calderon? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

They both have DNA in the system but maybe it's different types of DNA and that's why it didn't auto-match? Although if that's the case, it would be hard to compare them because only one of them has dentals and one has fingerprints.

Also interesting that the UP was found with matchbooks from a restaurant in Sausalito, which is 61 miles away from San Jose, where Beatrice disappeared from.
img_51163.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 9.23.35 PM.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
628UFCA
628UFCA - Unidentified Female

628UFCA1.jpg
628UFCA.jpg

Reconstruction by Carl Koppelman; decedent's jumpsuit.

Date of Discovery: March 27, 1977
Location of Discovery: San Bernardino County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 1-2 weeks prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-55 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 120 to 125 lbs.
Hair: Black, medium length, with slight gray
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Appendectomy scar on abdomen. Pierced ears. Dark complexion.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. A dental examination was conducted and the teeth were charted, but no X-rays were taken.
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Dark blue, short-sleeve, denim jumpsuit, size 13; white bra; two pair of underpants. White shoes, White Bond, size 6.5, with laces on the side, and turquoise socks. A green, wool coat was found nearby and contained several personal items.
Jewelry: Small, turquoise earring (pierced, left); white metal chain necklace, with a Maltese cross. Yellow metal, wrist bracelet with pendants, a fish lure object (left wrist); a metal barrette; a yellow metal watch.
Additional Personal Items: Pack of razors, piece of pencil, three matchbooks (from "Zack's" in Sausalito).

Circumstances of Discovery
On March 27, 1977 the body of a woman was found in the foothills north of Sycamore Heights residential area (east side of Cook Canyon, approximately 3000 foot level, Highland).

It was apparent that the body had been in this location between one and two weeks.

The cause and manner of death could not be determined. Although no trauma was present, leading to the possibility that exposure caused her death, homicide cannot be ruled out.

She was buried at San Bernardino County Cemetery (Samaritan Park at Grave #192-W).

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: San Bernardino County Sheriff Department - Coroner Division
Agency Contact Person: September Fonzi-Jones
Agency Phone Number: 909-387-2978
Agency E-Mail: coroner(at)sbcsd.org
Agency Case Number: 48925

NCIC Case Number: U145477960
NamUs Case Number: 2504
Former Hot Case Number: 1226

Information Source(s)
NamUs

Refreshing the thread...