Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
so who can ya trust???

<snip>

Man Accused Of Molesting Granddaughter's Friend

POSTED: Wednesday, November 11, 2009
UPDATED: 12:00 pm EST November 11, 2009

SOUTH DAYTONA, Fla. -- A Department of Children and Families employee has been arrested on charges that he molested a 7-year-old girl.

Detectives said Ronald Clark Thornton molested the girl while he was staying at his son's home in South Daytona

Thornton works for DCF as a processor in the food stamp division. He was charged with sexual battery on a child under the age of 12.

more here (with details of crime) :furious:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21584248/detail.html

GOOD GOSH!!!
YES!! WHO???

I haven't even read the details.......I really appreciate WSs but sometimes the information here is just overwhelming......I hang in there for the victims' sake....they suffered ; I can honor them by caring about their suffering and carrying them in my heart and prayers.
TEXAS........OT.....every time I see that picture of the beautiful Rachel , it makes me sad.........(well, maybe not really OT.....)

Frankly, I am sadly not surprized. In any career that involves work with children, you will find some skunks who are in it for more than helping children. No DCF worker should ever have a lot of time alone with a child - they should be in pairs, preferably one male and one female.

These kids are in enough mess without scum like this preying on them - likely thought the kids were easy marks because they were troubled. I wonder how many kids he's harmed before this.

ETA: Just noticed the girl was not a DCF ward, but a friend of his granddaughter's! Still, I think a serious combing of his files should be in order, as I don't usually believe that someone gets caught on the first one.

ETA2: How much contact with kids do "food stamps division" folks actually do? Anyone know what his job would entail?

GOOD GOSH!!!
YES!! WHO???

I haven't even read the details.......I really appreciate WSs but sometimes the information here is just overwhelming......I hang in there for the victims' sake....they suffered ; I can honor them by caring about their suffering and carrying them in my heart and prayers.
TEXAS........OT.....every time I see that picture of the beautiful Rachel , it makes me sad.........(well, maybe not really OT.....)

heart-- I know what you mean about these stories....I read them & feel literally sick for the victims-- and pass up posting so many...then feel guilty because they deserve to be recognized, even when anonymous...all I can offer is virtual hugs & prayers for the vics I don't know.

At least these crimes are not swept under the rug as they used to be....nobody wants to talk about child sexual abuse because it *is* sickening and/or *maddening* to think about!

Thanks for noticing Rachel -- I hope someone somewhere sees her alive & well someday soon. ((hugs))

ETA2: How much contact with kids do "food stamps division" folks actually do? Anyone know what his job would entail?

Paperwork, reveiwing files with applicants (the parents/guardians), pretty much just office work. Odds are in that position he had no time alone with any kids. Now as to whether he had a position in another department in his younger days...that's something that should be looked into, most definitely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back