Jon Benet Books

Oceanbreeze

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anybody can recommend some books on the muder of Jon Benet? What you've read and liked or didn't like.
Thanks for your help :)

Oceanbreeze

Start with "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" by Lawrence Schiller, for an unbiased look at the whole case.

Then read "JonBenet - Inside The Ramsey Murder Investigation" by Steve Thomas, which will fill you in on exactly why this case was never, and will never, be solved.

You can skip the book of excuses the Ramseys wrote unless you're into fiction.

Thanks Shylock!
I've been lurking in here and have seen quite a few opinions on who people think did it.
I need to be more informed so I can add in my two cents.
This case has always baffled me.

Shylock said:
Start with "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" by Lawrence Schiller, for an unbiased look at the whole case.

Then read "JonBenet - Inside The Ramsey Murder Investigation" by Steve Thomas, which will fill you in on exactly why this case was never, and will never, be solved.

You can skip the book of excuses the Ramseys wrote unless you're into fiction.
Ditto, ditto and ditto.

Additionally... iIf you're interested in medical analysis, read Dr. Cyril Wecht's book Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?, and if you're interested in psychological analysis, read Dr. Andrew Hodges' books A Mother Gone Bad and Who Will Speak for JonBenet?

Death Of Innocence.

The Psalms.

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, book, play and movie.

Red Dragon and Silence of The Lambs.

Anatomy of Motive. Mind Hunter.

I Hate You, Don't Leave Me - Understanding the Borderline Personality.

LOL BrotherMoon, you sure you don't want to throw "Alice In Wonderland" into that list? Maybe Oceanbreeze would like to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes!....

Don't restrict your reading to books, consider the internet a book without a last page. This site even has transcripts of interviews and almost anytime anyone case related opened their mouths.

http://www.acandyrose.com/index.htm

Newspaper coverage has been overwhelming and is another good place to start.

http://www.kenpolzin.com/jbr/jbrindex.html

Another good book not mentioned is 'JONBENET: THE POLICE FILES'. It's the Ramsey's actual words from police interviews.

Read the Ramsey's own book, 'Death of Innocence' also. I heard poster after poster say reading the Ramsey's book convinced them, the Ramsey were hiding something to do with JonBenet's murder.

For a good laugh...read about the JonBenet foundation and SHOES in DOI, then read John's current campaign promises.

Show Me said:
Read the Ramsey's own book, 'Death of Innocence' also. I heard poster after poster say reading the Ramsey's book convinced them, the Ramsey were hiding something to do with JonBenet's murder.

If you're going to read the others, DOI is a good book for balance. Keep in mind that the Ramseys used it to counter the negative PR that followed them. They used it as a forum to tell their story, but also to respond to things said about them by the BPD, the media, and some commentators.

Shylock said:
LOL BrotherMoon, you sure you don't want to throw "Alice In Wonderland" into that list? Maybe Oceanbreeze would like to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes!....

That reminds me, add The Matrix trilogy. Alice is good too, for just about everything, even the Ramsey case.

vicktor said:
If you're going to read the others, DOI is a good book for balance. Keep in mind that the Ramseys used it to counter the negative PR that followed them. They used it as a forum to tell their story, but also to respond to things said about them by the BPD, the media, and some commentators.

Thick as Brick. :sick: They used it as white wash.

v, you disappoint.

Do you have any sense of the irony in posting on this forum with your choice of hat?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back