Arrest Warrant For Roy Clark Released 2009.11.13

Angel Who Cares

If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall
Reaction score
Arrest Warrant For Roy Clark Released 2009.11.13

Warrant: DNA linked suspect to victim in Yale killing (with warrant, coverage)
Published: Friday, November 13, 2009
<snipped>
Clark also was the only person to enter room G 22 in the Amistad building on Sept. 8 during the time of the suspected crime, swipe card references show, the arrest warrant affidavit says. Blood-like stains that had been cleaned were later found in room G 22, the document says.

He is due back in court Dec. 21.

Arrest Warrant/Annie Le case
[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/22511129/Arrest-Warrant-Annie-Le-case"]Arrest Warrant/Annie Le case@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/22511129?access_key=key-1ho426c13gnf214gij99@@AMEPARAM@@22511129@@AMEPARAM@@key-1ho426c13gnf214gij99[/ame]

Article:
http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2009/11/13/news/new_haven/doc4afd71d3bdbb4057284129.txt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*NOTE: Much more info in article!

Pages Of Documents Released In Annie Le Case
POSTED: 9:15 am EST November 13, 2009
UPDATED: 10:57 am EST November 13, 2009
<snipped>
Police looked at the sign-in schedule task sheets from Sept. 8. They said someone signed in with a green ink pen at 1:30 p.m., and then later the same person's initials were in black ink at 3:48. They said the green ink pen found under Le's body had Clark's DNA on the pen cap and a portion of the pen.

On Sept. 13, investigators inspecting a locker room in the Amistad Street building&#8217;s lower level said they smelled the odor of a body. Canine units found Le&#8217;s body behind the wall, which is behind a toilet, the documents read. Clark is accused of removing insulation to make room for Le&#8217;s body. According to the documents, Le was wearing surgical gloves with her left thumb exposed.

Arrest Warrant In Annie Le Case
http://www.wfsb.com/download/2009/1113/21606377.pdf

Article:
http://www.wfsb.com/news/21604832/detail.html

:angel:

Wow, This arrest warrant is definitely incriminating.

Wondering if Clark put the missing unsulation from inside the chaste, where her body was hidden, in the sterilizing chamber, that set off the fire alarm??

From what I have read, I don't see why RC's lawyer isn't looking for a plea deal. There is NO other possible person who murdered Annie according to the keycards & DNA evidence!

ITA: reeseeva that sounds like a possible reason for the fire alarm. I haven't found where it says LE found any of the insulation. It also seals it that he signed in with his green pen & later used a black pen. I wouldn't look at a pen being such strong evidence, except for the fact that he used a GREEN INK pen which is a less common of a color than most people use everyday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8PEzOWmPbs"]YouTube- Warrants in Yale murder case released[/ame]

Thanks, Angel......I can't believe more people are not posting here, after the arrest warrant became public?

The socks, and WTH, his work-boots, with his initials, R.C. with her blood and his DNA coupled with a missing shoe lace? The arrest warrant reads like a Murder Novel, with him trying to hide the hand wipes, with blood on them, as he is making small talk with the detectives:loser:

I hope they will save time and plea. This is overwhelming evidence.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/14/nyregion/14yale.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

"The New Haven police said the laboratory technician they arrested in the murder of a Yale graduate student in September tried to conceal blood-splattered cleaning wipes from university police officers investigating the student’s disappearance, according to a police affidavit released Friday."

"Officials said Mr. Clark’s DNA matched crime scene evidence. But with Mr. Clark in custody — and refusing to answer investigators’ questions — Chief James Lewis of the New Haven police said detectives might never be able to piece together the story behind the slaying or explain the motive, a gap that physical evidence alone could not fill in."

AP News reported that he visited the one room 55 times during a few hour period. This is very damning evidence. And he was in the lab with Annie for 46minutes or so. This story isn't getting much coverage. Still so tragic!

Thanks, Angel......I can't believe more people are not posting here, after the arrest warrant became public?

The socks, and WTH, his work-boots, with his initials, R.C. with her blood and his DNA coupled with a missing shoe lace? The arrest warrant reads like a Murder Novel, with him trying to hide the hand wipes, with blood on them, as he is making small talk with the detectives:loser:

I hope they will save time and plea. This is overwhelming evidence.....

Bolded by me!

ITA: reeseeva,
I have noticed that once someone is found & the alleged murderer are caught many seem to forget about some cases. I feel it is important to continue to follow any case till the murderer is found gulity.

Justice isn't found until I hear the words GUILTY!!! JMHO

I really expected many others to be interested in the arrest warrant too!

What is sad is that there are one too many missing/murdered cases each & every day added here, that it breaks my heart. It is understandable that many are researching other cases & it is hard to keep up when there are too many of these sad sad cases in the world we live in. :shakehead: :(

I can't even imagine how terrified Annie was when this monster attacked her. She did fight him as best she could with him having scratches on his body....& she had latex gloves still on when they found her. I'm thinking some of his scratches are from when he was forcing her body into the wall. :furious: :cry:

We'll see, come his next hearing, if he just faces the truth of what he did & just plea guilty. It would be so much easier on her family than to have to go through with a trial & hear all of the details of her death over & over.

My heart & prayers go out to them today & forever.

Rest In Peace Annie!

Although I was fairly certain RC was the one who murdered AL, I still had a tiny bit of doubt. After reading the arrest warrant I am confident they have the right suspect.

When this sub-forum was active there was someone who tried to make a case against RC having committed the crime.
I'm curious if they have read the newly released document and whether their opinion has changed.

It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure it out. RC was an idiot.

Well, this is pretty damning stuff. The time-line info is unbelievable, i.e., RC's seemingly frenzied movements on the fateful day. How does he think he can explain away something like that?

And all of the blood evidence. My God, what did he do besides strangle poor Annie? It seems to point to out-of-control and absolute rage.

I can't imagine RC will plead not guilty. Then again, a person who thinks he was being clever by moving the bloodied box of wipes and scouring the lab floor RIGHT IN FRONT OF LE witnesses is likely someone who thinks people in general are pretty stupid and gullible.

I wonder what the explanation is for blood evidence being found in TWO ROOMS -- G13 and G22? If I'm not mistaken G13 is the last room Annie used her swipe card to enter, where the blood-splattered wipes box was found, and [I think] where RC was witnessed scrubbing the seemingly-clean floor and drain. I wonder then if G22 is where the blood-stained clothes and boots were found above the ceiling tiles?

If not, I wonder what happened in THAT room because it seems that Annie was murdered in G13?

PatientOne This map of the building may help you out with the locations of RC's movements. I think the blood was found in G22 since that is the room where he took her body to be put in the wall behind the toliet. As sick as it is I'm sure it cause her further injuries pushing & shoving to get her to fit in such a small space. Which would get blood on himself as well as himself getting some of the scatches he had.

He no doubt thought that he was outsmarting LE on the 12th when the woman had already showed the woman officer the blood on the box of wipe alls.

It backs up our astrologers charts that he felt all woman were inferior to men. They charted that he very much disrespected woman as well as his x-gf has reported the same.

Even neighboors said he would make his current gf start the car in the AM, clean the car off & walk behind him etc. it all points to him thinking this is a lady cop & she isn't smart enough to know what he was up to when he was moving the box while having small talk. JMHO

ETA: Whoops forgot to add the map for reference for you! :banghead:

An arrest warrant application affidavit released Friday details the investigation and movements of Raymond Clark III, accused of murdering Yale graduate student Annie Le, during the days after she disappeared on Sept. 8.
50477458.jpg

Wow, just, I knew they probably had the right guy, but reading the warrant leaves little doubt.

PatientOne This map of the building may help you out with the locations of RC's movements. I think the blood was found in G22 since that is the room where he took her body to be put in the wall behind the toliet. As sick as it is I'm sure it cause her further injuries pushing & shoving to get her to fit in such a small space. Which would get blood on himself as well as himself getting some of the scatches he had.

He no doubt thought that he was outsmarting LE on the 12th when the woman had already showed the woman officer the blood on the box of wipe alls.

It backs up our astrologers charts that he felt all woman were inferior to men. They charted that he very much disrespected woman as well as his x-gf has reported the same.

Even neighboors said he would make his current gf start the car in the AM, clean the car off & walk behind him etc. it all points to him thinking this is a lady cop & she isn't smart enough to know what he was up to when he was moving the box while having small talk. JMHO

ETA: Whoops forgot to add the map for reference for you! :banghead:

An arrest warrant application affidavit released Friday details the investigation and movements of Raymond Clark III, accused of murdering Yale graduate student Annie Le, during the days after she disappeared on Sept. 8.
50477458.jpg

Thank you so much for the floor plan!!!
It really helps to see it laid out like this.
The version I had in my mind was way off.
Great find!

Thanks for linking the warrant and the diagram. Unfortunately, whoever the Hartford Courant got it from didn't include the other alleged crime scene/location of evidence on the diagram, which was room G33, as indicated in the warrant.

This information doesn't convince me of Ray's guilt. In fact, it makes me even more suspicious of the official story.

Clark's DNA was found on a sock that was found in that ceiling tile, but also in the hole where Annie Le's body was found??!!! That right there smacks of a frame-up. Why would a killer go to great lengths to conceal a body, but then toss two pieces of evidence (the sock and the pen) with his DNA into the same place as the body? Sorry, but that doesn't add up.

Even more interesting, they talk about other people entering the room AFTER Annie's last swipe. What does that mean? Contrary to what the media has been telling us, Ray Clark was not the only person to be in G13.

Also, they tried to indicate in the warrant that Ray Clark had suspicious scratches on his arm and face. We've been discussing and debating the validity of Ray Clark's statement about his cats causing the scratches, and the different ways Annie Le could have been protecting herself or fighting back. Well, the fact that she still had gloves on shoots down that theory. She couldn't have scratched him through those latex gloves.

They say that Ray Clark stopped using his green pen around 1:30pm. But then around 3:48 he signs with a black pen. But they also indicated that the fire alarm cleared the building some time after 1:30pm. That would have been enough time for someone to snatch Ray's pen, if he left it lying around. Also, clearing the building would have been the perfect cover for moving the body from one room to another.

The amount of blood they indicate in various places, including on the panel in the chase, seems to indicate that her body was mutilated in some way that caused quite a bit of blood to be released. Unfortunately, they've redacted a lot of that information on the warrant, so we can't see for sure what condition her body was in.

They have been able to find her blood evidence on clothing that ties to Ray Clark. The only problem is, his clothing was readily available in the lab. Anyone could have just picked it up and put blood on it. His movements weren't any more suspicious. They indicate a doubling or tripling of his scanning into rooms versus an earlier date. They don't say anything about whether those dates they compared the scans were typical school days, or if the real lab work started after Labor Day hence his increased activity. And the fact he moved a box of wipes around is not suspicious. If he was meticulous, and noticed one of the items was put out of place that he normally had it in a particular way, you'd expect him to have moved it back to where it belonged. The investigator didn't indicate if the Wipe Alls was normally kept where Ray 'hid it'. There doesn't appear to be any hiding going on at all.

I'm not sure what more needs to be said about the evidence. The 55 card swipes may sound unusual when taken out of context, but was it really that strange if it was a day when the intensive lab work started? The warrant also doesn't indicate what other people were swiping into the other areas that had blood, nor does it indicate if other people were swiping into G13 after 10:40am. They only say that he was the only one swiping in G22, but they don't say why he shouldn't have been in there or what was in there.

At this point, I'm still not convinced that Clark did it. And if he did, he didn't act alone. I also think the alarm trigger was probably intentional to remove witnesses from the area.

I wonder what the explanation is for blood evidence being found in TWO ROOMS -- G13 and G22? If I'm not mistaken G13 is the last room Annie used her swipe card to enter, where the blood-splattered wipes box was found, and [I think] where RC was witnessed scrubbing the seemingly-clean floor and drain. I wonder then if G22 is where the blood-stained clothes and boots were found above the ceiling tiles?

If not, I wonder what happened in THAT room because it seems that Annie was murdered in G13?

They're also saying that the beads were found in G22 AND G33. So the necklace was not broken off in a fight in G13? Why didn't they find beads in that room? My guess is that the body was moved to G22 then to G33, as they said beads were found in Annie's clothing. She would have been lifted, not dragged along the floor, if there was a lot of blood. But since they didn't mark G33 on the diagram, it's not clear where that is in relation to the other rooms and where her body was eventually found. Whoever carried her would have left DNA on her body or clothing, unless they were completely covered. They haven't said if they found anything on her clothing or body pointing to Ray Clark.

Thank you so much Angel Who Cares for your reliable and informative updates!

To clarify, G22 isn't where Annie's body was discovered. According to the diagram, she was found where Number 8 is designated -- but whoever made the diagram failed to assign a room number to that space. Perhaps it's in fact G33.

So, to get back to my original question, I still wonder what happened in G22? Since RC was the only person to enter G22 that day, and blood evidence was discovered there, I have two guesses:

1.) he may have initially attempted to conceal Annie's body there but it just didn't work out satisfactorily.

2.) he may have temporarily put her body there UNTIL he could determine a good hiding place, confident/knowing somehow that no one was going to enter that room that day.

I don't know how anyone can dismiss such compelling evidence against RC as is listed on the affidavit just released. No doubt even more evidence has been processed at this point. And now I can understand why so much significance was placed on RC's infamous green pen when news of it was leaked, as it's a very damning piece of evidence -- having been found under Annie's hidden body.

As well, I find it extremely incriminating that RC, of all people, told LE he saw Annie leave the building on the day she was murdered when in fact she never left!

ETA: After re-reading the affidavit, it seems room G33 is a lab similar to G13 and one of the 3 animal lab rooms in which RC routinely worked. So G33 isn't where Annie's body was hidden. Yet, a bead from her necklace and some hair and blood evidence was found in this room.

Also, after more careful reading of the affidavit I discovered that the ceiling area, where the bloody sock and glove were found above the tiles, was in a hallway.

I agree that when the police said he saw Annie leaving that same day, that was a little strange. But by the same token, he wasn't the only person to enter G13 after Annie entered it, and according to the warrant, three other people entered, so it's not clear what transpired in that time. Also, it indicates that other people were present around that time frame, so attacking Annie without someone hearing would have been difficult if not impossible.

I noticed on the affidavit where it began talking about cause of death, many words immediately following "strangulation" were blacked out. This makes me wonder if there was another, therefore compound, cause of death. Why was there so much blood evidence all over the place, particularly "medium velocity" blood spatter in room G13, if strangulation was the only cause of death?

I'm reminded of rumors of mutilation that were leaked.

I noticed on the affidavit where it began talking about cause of death, many words immediately following "strangulation" were blacked out. This makes me wonder if there was another, therefore compound, cause of death. Why was there so much blood evidence all over the place, particularly "moderate velocity" blood spatter in room G13, if strangulation was the only cause of death?

I'm reminded of rumors of mutilation that were leaked.

Yes, that's what I was sort of getting at when I mentioned the redaction on the condition of the body. We'll probably hear the details once the trial starts. It'll probably be even worse than we thought. The blood evidence in at least 4 locations is telling, which means there was quite a bit spilled. Dragging her on the ground wouldn't have been possible, nor would carrying her in a person's arms unless she was wrapped up. Whoever did it was confident that no one was anywhere in the basement area as they moved the body from room to room.

What is also interesting is that they mention G33 as having quite a bit of evidence in it, yet no mention of Ray Clark scanning in there. They say initials were signed RC for that room, but that doesn't mean he carried a body into there and then signed for it. Does that even make sense? No mention of Annie Le's scan card. You'd think that the killer would have used her card to conceal scanning into various rooms. For an unplanned killing, this killer sure was able to keep a murder and it's evidence (blood) from view of people in that basement area for quite some time.

But the fact that there were three people swiping into the room around the same time Annie Le did indicates it wasn't a lone confrontation between Annie and Ray. We haven't heard anything about the three people, except that Rachel Roth was the one who pointed out the blood on the wipes. I notice the affidavit also doesn't mention the alleged hook, wire and gum seen in Ray's bag, which was said in the media to be what he was planning on using to remove the green pen.

It's one thing to drop a pen in the chase by accident. It's another to toss in your sock. Something's fishy with that.

But the fact that there were three people swiping into the room around the same time Annie Le did indicates it wasn't a lone confrontation between Annie and Ray. We haven't heard anything about the three people, except that Rachel Roth was the one who pointed out the blood on the wipes.

The affidavit only states that those 3 other people entered room G13 sometime after Annie last entered at 10:11 AM -- so they could've entered the room several hours later for all we know at this point.

It's also said in the affidavit that RC entered G13 at 10:40 AM and again at 11:04 AM (and didn't swipe into any other rooms for the following 46 minutes). Since he last signed in using the green pen at 1:30 PM, and used a black pen when he signed in at 3:48 PM, it seems it took him a while -- from perhaps a couple of hours to maybe as much as 4 or more hours before he hid Annie's body in the chase.

I wonder if the autoclave could be in room G22 -- that room is very near the perimeter which may be a good location for a piece of equipment that emits a lot of steam -- allowing it to vent to the outdoors. If so, I wonder if RC did indeed trigger the fire alarm at 1:55 PM while attempting to clean up evidence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back