Wednesday February 11 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

elle1919

Reaction score
Please post important events that happened on this day

http://www.news4jax.com/news/186866...9/detail.html#-

SATSUMA, Fla. -- After the sun set on Tuesday, the bright lights came on at the Putnam County Command Center near the home where 5-year-old Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings was last seen.

Local detectives and even investigators with the FBI remained at the scene and said they would continue to feverishly work the case throughout the night.

According to detectives, when dealing with missing children, the first 24 hours are crucial. At 10 p.m. on Tuesday, investigators said they were very aware that it had been a full day since Haleigh was last seen and they were working hard to make every minute count toward finding the missing girl.

"We feel good about what we're doing, but we feel really desperate that 24 hours have passed now and we don’t have a clue where this child is," said PCSO Major Gary Bowling.

Haleigh was last seen in her Satsuma home on Green Lane with her 2-year-old brother and her father's 17-year-old girlfriend. The girlfriend told police she put the children to bed at 10 p.m. Monday but when she awoke at 3 a.m. to use the bathroom Haleigh was missing and the back door of the home was open.

The 17-year-old called 911 for help as Haleigh's father returned home from an overnight shift at work.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html

Florida detectives say they believe a 5-year-old girl who vanished from her bed Tuesday morning was abducted — and they aren't overlooking anyone, including family members, as suspects.

Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings reportedly vanished from her bed before dawn Tuesday.

The child's father, Roger Cummings, said in an interview with Greta Van Susteren that his girlfriend Misty Croslin, 17, was watching his daughter while he was at work as a crane operator.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/0211095_Police_missing_girl_abducted

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla offers an additional 25,000 dollars for information leading to Haleigh.

snip~Haleigh's grandmother, Marie Griffis, was also pleading to the public for help. Griffis told FOX 35 that the father of Trenton Ducket, the missing Lake County toddler who disappeared in 2006, was also assisting in the search. Indeed, Josh Ducket arrived on Wednesday to volunteer in the search efforts. Also present was Leonard Padilla. Padilla said the $25,000 reward would be honored if the girl is recoverd safely within 72 hours of her disappearance. Though both Ducket and Padilla have offered their assistance, Gary Bowling, a spokesperson for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said officials are not actively seeking help from volunteers at present.~end snip

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131129&catid=3

snip~SATSUMA, FL -- Wiping away tears, Crystal Sheffield pleaded for the person who took her little girl to bring her home.

"I just want my baby home. She doesn't deserve this," Sheffield said. "She's a wonderful kid. I just wan t her home. Whoever has her, just please bring her back. Please."

5-year old Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her home in Satsuma Monday night.

23-year-old Sheffield lives in Baker County, about 100 miles away from Satsuma. She and her family came to Satsuma to be close to the search site and wait for any word about Haleigh.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings was at work and not at home when his little girl disappeared. He says Haleigh was in bed with his girlfriend and his three year old son.

When he came home from work at 3 a.m. Tuesday, Cummings says his girlfriend was awake and upset, and Haleigh was gone. ~ end snip

snip~Haleigh's maternal grandmother, Marie Griffis said, "She is out there somewhere. I can feel it. I feel she is out there. I feel her presence. It's just terrifying no knowing where she's at and what's happened to her."

Haleigh's father has custody of the little girl.

Crystal Sheffield said she last saw Haleigh two weeks ago and was scheduled to see her this Friday. She said Haleigh would visit her at her home in Baker County.

She said, "Just bring my baby home. Take her somewhere and drop her off. Please.~end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee