Evan Chandler, father of Jackson accuser, apparent suicide

Father Of Jackson Accuser Found Dead Of Apparent Suicide

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-jackson-accuser-suicide,0,5243105.story

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (WPIX) - The father of a boy who accused Michael Jackson of molesting him 15 years ago was found dead of an apparent suicide, Jersey City Police confirmed to PIX News.

According to authorities, the body of Evan Chandler was discovered in his Jersey City residence at about 5:35 p.m. on Nov. 5 after he went missing.

Chandler, who was being treated for an unknown illness, missed an appointment with his doctor which prompted concern, Jersey City spokesperson Stan Eason said.

----------

Police say Chandler suffered a self inflicted gun shot wound to the head. Authorities are treating the case as a suicide.

It was back in 1994, when Chander's then-12-year-old son Jordy Chandler accused Jackson of molesting him on several occasions between 1991 and 1994. The father and son went after the King of Pop in court and later settled the case for a reported $20 million.

In 2006, Jordan Chandler filed a request for a restraining order against his father after he allegedly struck Jordan over the head from behind with a twelve and a half pound weight.

More at link.

Somehow I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:Probably the guilt at selling his son out to a child molester got to him. Unfortunately now there's one less person in the world who could tell the truth about Michael Jackson after his death...

I can't say i feel bad. But that's probably because im one of the few who thinks this family was purely out for money.

Plus this guy beat his son with a 12 and a half pound weight, maced and choked him. His own son had a restraining order against him.

https://wintergreen.org/p/001010A00.../wpix-jackson-accuser-suicide,0,5054843.story

The father of a boy who accused Michael Jackson of molesting him 15 years ago was found dead of an apparent suicide, Jersey City Police confirmed to PIX News.

According to authorities, the body of Evan Chandler was discovered in his Jersey City residence at about 5:35 p.m. on Nov. 5 after he went missing.

Chandler, who was being treated for an unknown illness, missed an appointment with his doctor which prompted concern, Jersey City spokesperson Stan Eason said.

After several failed attempts to get in touch with his patient, the doctor, who was not immediately identified, called the building's concierge to check on Chandler.

The concierge later discovered the victim's lifeless body inside the apartment at the Liberty Towers located on Hudson Street, Eason said.

Police say Chandler suffered a self inflicted gun shot wound to the head. Authorities are treating the case as a suicide.

It was back in 1994, when Chander's then-12-year-old son Jordy Chandler accused Jackson of molesting him on several occasions between 1991 and 1994. The father and son went after the King of Pop in court and later settled the case for a reported $20 million.

In 2006, Jordan Chandler filed a request for a restraining order against his father after he allegedly struck Jordan over the head from behind with a twelve and a half pound weight.

This news is really sad. It's a shame his life ended this way.
Somehow it makes me wonder if maybe his dealings with the King of Pop wasn't what he expected. All the settlement money didn't seem to bring him or his family any peace or satisifaction. It's another case of being careful of getting what you wished for. RIP.

This news is really sad. It's a shame his life ended this way.
Somehow it makes me wonder if maybe his dealings with the King of Pop wasn't what he expected. All the settlement money didn't seem to bring him or his family any peace or satisifaction. It's another case of being careful of getting what you wished for. RIP.

I think believe Evan Chandler ever wished for his son to be molested by Michael Jackson. IMO He did the very best he could under the circumstances.

I didn't know much about this guy until within the last couple years, when I read a couple of pieces that really made Evan Chandler look suspect. His behavior, statements, and actions before the accusations and during the case are pretty incriminating.

If his son wasn't molested, there's evidence to suggest that Evan Chandler was happy to falsify a case for purposes of financial gain and publicity. If his son was molested, there's evidence to suggest that Evan Chandler did not have his son's best interests in mind.

In any case, no good can come of years of isolation, loneliness, and illness that are not followed by redemptive growth, even when it happens to a man so many people apparently disliked.

Edited to add: it's interesting to realize, as I did after posting, that the above paragraph could apply to either Evan Chandler or Michael Jackson.

I was a huge MJ trial follower & remember quite well when some of the Chandler info leaked .
FWIW it ruined the Chandler's(who werent solid to begin with imo).Evan's reputation & lucrative dental practice was ruined.Hethen had extensive plastic surgery to change his appearance and the rest of the family went into seclusion and to this day is forced to keep a very low profile.
Jordy is still hounded to this day by foreign media and crazed MJ fans.
I do not believe either of the Chandlers(remember it was JC's mother who really facilitated alot of the "relationship" :sick:) wanted or planned JC to be molested.
I think their own personal problems coupled with greed and selfishness & love of a celebrity,"hollywood" lifestyle got the best of them and in alot of ways,its no different than the single Mother who "looks the other way" out of denial & fear & selfishness when her BF ,who supports the household,molests her child.
Neither is acceptable & the Chandlers couldve & shouldve turned down the settlement & gone to LE however they knew what would happen(look at the family in MJ's trial-they got raked over the coals & saw no justice).
Its a horrible situation I hope Im never in & wouldnt wish on anybody.........
I will die believing MJ had many more victims.....

I was a huge MJ trial follower & remember quite well when some of the Chandler info leaked .
FWIW it ruined the Chandler's(who werent solid to begin with imo).Evan's reputation & lucrative dental practice was ruined.Hethen had extensive plastic surgery to change his appearance and the rest of the family went into seclusion and to this day is forced to keep a very low profile.
Jordy is still hounded to this day by foreign media and crazed MJ fans.
I do not believe either of the Chandlers(remember it was JC's mother who really facilitated alot of the "relationship" :sick:) wanted or planned JC to be molested.
I think their own personal problems coupled with greed and selfishness & love of a celebrity,"hollywood" lifestyle got the best of them and in alot of ways,its no different than the single Mother who "looks the other way" out of denial & fear & selfishness when her BF ,who supports the household,molests her child.
Neither is acceptable & the Chandlers couldve & shouldve turned down the settlement & gone to LE however they knew what would happen(look at the family in MJ's trial-they got raked over the coals & saw no justice).
Its a horrible situation I hope Im never in & wouldnt wish on anybody.........
I will die believe MJ had many more victims.....

BBM me too!

I agree totally.

i don't believe he'd commit suicide now -after all this time- b/c he felt guilty for not protecting his son from a child molester. i think he did this b/c of the guilt of now finding out how emotionally destroyed MJ was (the evidence being all the drug use/addiction, chronic insomnia etc that has been reported/uncovered since MJ's death) after all the untrue molestation allegations began (guided by greed and vision$ of dollar$). the chandlers were the first to allege molestation if i'm not mistaken ?

i see this is not an opinion shared by most in this thread, but for me, this is the only scenario that makes any sense.

i don't believe he'd commit suicide now -after all this time- b/c he felt guilty for not protecting his son from a child molester. i think he did this b/c of the guilt of now finding out how emotionally destroyed MJ was (the evidence being all the drug use/addiction, chronic insomnia etc that has been reported/uncovered since MJ's death) after all the untrue molestation allegations began (guided by greed and vision$ of dollar$). the chandlers were the first to allege molestation if i'm not mistaken ?

i see this is not an opinion shared by most in this thread, but for me, this is the only scenario that makes any sense.

The man was gravely and terminally ill, in pain and alone..........

I don't think it had anything to do with MJ

The man was gravely and terminally ill, in pain and alone.......... I don't think it had anything to do with MJ

i'll believe he was "gravely ill" when a doctor confirms this not his loved ones-- who certainly would try to continue to lie/protect him. so far, both doctors and police are not commenting on exactly what his illness was... seems it would be an easy thing to comment on.

the pills could be sleep aids or anti-depressants. they might not be related to any other illness.

and the NY Post? not exactly the most credible "newspaper"... according to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, the Post was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York, and the only news outlet to receive more responses calling it "not credible" than credible (44% not credible to 39% credible).

http://www.pace.edu/emplibrary/pace_poll_061604.pdf

i liken it's sensationalism and headlines more like a tabloid.

btw, if i were "gravely and terminally ill", i would spend the time i had left trying to make amends with people if i were isolated and alone, not kill myself.

again, for me-- his death reeks of selfishness and guilt. selfishness b/c he knew he couldn't/didn't even want to try to make things up to the people he had ostracized, and guilt b/c he alone knew he was responsible for the pain of several people, including his own son and MJ.

:twocents:

hmmm

now why would a doctor have a concierge check on a patient?

that's bizarre to me

my doctor would not send someone to check on me for a missed app't unless she knew me personally or had reason to suspect I was about to kill myself

Jordy does not owe anyone anything BUT I hope that someday he steps forward and tells the truth. Whatever it may be.

I lean toward Michael abusing children but if Jordy came out and said it was all a scam that would change my mind.

My heart breaks for Michael's children. If your heart did not melt when Paris spoke at her daddy's funeral than I would check your pulse because you must not have one. Brings tears to my eyes now thinking about it.

I won't reveal what I believe to be the story about the allegations of MJ molesting children. But, I do wonder if Mr. Chandler became the victim of additional harassment and hate since MJ's death? I'm finding the timing of Chandler's death follows a little too closely to MJ. Probably isn't the only reason he chose to end his life, but I'm willing to bet it did add to his unhappiness.

i'll believe he was "gravely ill" when a doctor confirms this not his loved ones-- who certainly would try to continue to lie/protect him. so far, both doctors and police are not commenting on exactly what his illness was... seems it would be an easy thing to comment on.

the pills could be sleep aids or anti-depressants. they might not be related to any other illness.

and the NY Post? not exactly the most credible "newspaper"... according to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, the Post was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York, and the only news outlet to receive more responses calling it "not credible" than credible (44% not credible to 39% credible).

http://www.pace.edu/emplibrary/pace_poll_061604.pdf

i liken it's sensationalism and headlines more like a tabloid.

btw, if i were "gravely and terminally ill", i would spend the time i had left trying to make amends with people if i were isolated and alone, not kill myself.

again, for me-- his death reeks of selfishness and guilt. selfishness b/c he knew he couldn't/didn't even want to try to make things up to the people he had ostracized, and guilt b/c he alone knew he was responsible for the pain of several people, including his own son and MJ.

:twocents:

Aren't 99% of suicide's selfish?

All I know is, if I am ever suffering in horrible pain and I'm terminal....I'll be checking out.....for selfish reasons.

I won't reveal what I believe to be the story about the allegations of MJ molesting children. But, I do wonder if Mr. Chandler became the victim of additional harassment and hate since MJ's death? I'm finding the timing of Chandler's death follows a little too closely to MJ. Probably isn't the only reason he chose to end his life, but I'm willing to bet it did add to his unhappiness.

I will go to my grave believing Michael Jackson was a pedophile and Evan Chandler did the very best he could given the cumstances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back