Thursday February 12 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

elle1919

Reaction score
Please post important events that happened on this day. A few to start

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/021209Police_divers_search_neighborhood_for_girl

Asnip~ Florida Amber Alert was issued for Haleigh Cummings of Satsuma, about 70 miles north of Orlando. The girl was last seen
Monday night when she went to bed. Investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said it was not clear if Haleigh was abducted or wandered out into the rural neighborhood that borders the river. They said the mobile home where she lives had no signs of forced entry, but a back door was open.

Haleigh's father told investigators the blond girl was missing when he returned home from work around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Ronald
Cummings said his girlfriend was awake and frantic that Haleigh was missing from her bed.

"I just got home from work and my 5-year-old daughter is gone," Ronald Cummings told a dispatcher on a 911 call. "If I
find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing them. I don't care if I spend the rest of my life in prison." His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh but when she awoke, the girl was gone. "She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Palatka Daily News. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."~end snip

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/021209Investigators_Missing_girl_was_abducted

snip~SATSUMA, Fla. - Investigators were treating the disappearance of a 5-year-old north Florida girl as an abduction and continued searching for the child Thursday.~ end

snip~Haleigh was last seen Monday night in her father's mobile home in Satsuma. The rural community along the St. Johns River is about 70 miles north of Orlando. She was reported missing when her father returned home from work early Tuesday. His girlfriend had woken up and discovered the child was missing.

The girlfriend, 17-year-old Misty Croslin, told a 911 dispatcher that a back door that was usually locked had been propped open by a brick.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy told NBC's "Today" that searches for Haleigh by air, ground and water would continue Thursday. Investigators also were interviewing the 44 sex offenders living within 5 miles of Ronald Cummings' home. ~end snip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23