A List of Missing Native Men and Women

eachandevery

Reaction score
Hello, all!

Since you guys are insanely, awesomely knowledgeable and helpful, I was wondering if you could help me compile a list of missing men and women who happen to be Native. Or, if a list of names (and circumstances of their disappearance, if possible) already exists, could you please point me in that direction?

I really, really, really, really, REALLY appreciate any help you could provide on this issue.

WOW, that's kind of a tall order. I know there are a lot of missing NA women in the Pacific Northwest, Washington/Oregon, listed under Highway of Tears or something like that. They do give names and have a group looking into the disapearances with plenty of info listed.

I also know a lot of NA/Inuit (hope that was the right name) men are going missing in Alaska. I discovered that when searching for missing in Alaska.

May I ask what you intend doing with this list? I'm just nosey and it sounds interesting.

Native to which country? US? Canada? Australia?

My friend has to do a research project for one of her classes, and it focuses on Native men and women who go missing and, for whatever reason, don't receive the same amount of attention as - and I don't want to use the term "usual" because I don't feel that's necessarily accurate - people from other backgrounds/nationalities. She needs to acquire names of Native people who have gone missing, so she can research each case and explore the amount of attention each one received. She lives in Canada, but I think her research can involve people from various countries and whatnot. She's come across a few people who fit the profile, but for some reason it's really hard to find more information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alta, thank you SO much! You have no idea how much you've just helped out my friend. I am so grateful that you took the time to read this thread and generously provide so much information. You are truly awesome, and even though I'm not nearly as good a sleuth as most on this site, if there's ever anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to PM me.

A big thank you to everyone else who was kind enough to read this thread.

Your very welcome,if your friend needs help finding anything else feel free to ask away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back