Old cheque catches up with granny

aussieblue

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
An 80-year-old great-grandmother was arrested and jailed in Florida this week for a cheque that bounced 19 years ago, press reports said.

Elizabeth Milton was stopped for a routine traffic check by a police officer on Wednesday.

"A few minutes later he came back to my car and said, 'I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take you in'," she told the St. Petersburg Times.

The rest of the article........
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=11139

~aussieblue~
PS :rolleyes: Do as the Petersons do Gran, DENY DENY DENY

officer had no choice because of warrant...but i swear sometimes i'm embarrassed for my brethren! poor old thing! a regular ma barker. :rolleyes:

From Article:

Pam Bondi, spokeswoman for the Florida State Attorney's Office, said she had no idea why the warrant was still on the books.

"I would assume the statute of limitations is long gone by now," she said

It is my understanding that the statute of limitations exists for the DA to file charges... Obviously they did and a warrant was issued..
I don't think warrants have statutes of limitations once issued.
Its the charging of the crime that has the statute of limitations.

I was told this by an attorney in florida...

Deputy Linda ~ Does the D.A. stop attempts to send notices on warrants? I know she probably moved since the warrant was issued, but how was she able to reinstate a drivers license? I just received a notice from a collections agency referencing a check I never wrote. I will dispute it and get the records they have to see what happened. Most likely, my ex is behind it. I was never notified by the D.A. about it though, and wonder if it is just some scam trying to get me to pay out of fear.

Poor Granny!

Amraann... you know alot about the bad check business huh?? :D :slap:

snorky said:
Deputy Linda ~ Does the D.A. stop attempts to send notices on warrants? I know she probably moved since the warrant was issued, but how was she able to reinstate a drivers license? I just received a notice from a collections agency referencing a check I never wrote. I will dispute it and get the records they have to see what happened. Most likely, my ex is behind it. I was never notified by the D.A. about it though, and wonder if it is just some scam trying to get me to pay out of fear.
snorky...i sent you private message.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back