Found Deceased SC - A'sha Rucker, 17, Williamston, 18 Nov 2009

detektiv

Reaction score
http://www.wyff4.com/news/21676886/detail.html

A community search effort got under way on Friday for a 17-year-old missing since Wednesday.

A'sha Rucker was last seen that morning at her home on Crescent Drive in Williamston, according to police.

Her car was found later that day after workers at Williamston's Caroline Community Center located at 1 School Street reported an abandoned vehicle in the parking lot.

...Police said they do not consider Rucker a runaway but they also said at this point they have no indication that any foul play is involved in her disappearance.

A community search effort got under way on Friday for a 17-year-old missing since Wednesday.

A'sha Rucker was last seen that morning at her home on Crescent Drive in Williamston, according to police.

Her car was found later that day after workers at Williamston's Caroline Community Center located at 1 School Street reported an abandoned vehicle in the parking lot.

...Police said they do not consider Rucker a runaway but they also said at this point they have no indication that any foul play is involved in her disappearance.

The fact that her vehicle was abandoned worries me. I wonder if she frequented the community center and that's the reason her car was there?

The fact that her vehicle was abandoned worries me. I wonder if she frequented the community center and that's the reason her car was there?

That worries me as well. I don't know Williamston well, but I live around half an hour away. I will be there Sunday for a Thanksgiving gathering... if she is still missing I will see what I can do to help.

I go to school with her and all of her friends are really worried and hope for the best. This really is not like her at all. She would never just leave like this. They also have her phone and have been tracing all of her records and things. So far they have nothing yet.

Thanks for joining us, brezzie. Can you tell us anything about A'sha? Does she have a boyfriend? Had she been having problems with anyone? Problems with school?

I go to school with her and all of her friends are really worried and hope for the best. This really is not like her at all. She would never just leave like this.

Thanks for joining us, brezzie. Can you tell us anything about A'sha? Does she have a boyfriend? Had she been having problems with anyone? Problems with school?

Yes she does a boyfriend i think his name is joe or something like that. There were a few girls that would cause her problems sometimes but she would just be the better person and walk away. As far as i know her home life was good and her and her mother were close. Other then the normal spats everything seemed to be good. She did have a few things bothering her like the fact that she was adopted and she would talk to out chorus techer about.

Brezzie,

Because you know the missing person and you may be under 18, WS rule is that you must contact Tricia, the WS owner, before you post any more. She is a very nice person. Email her at tgrif@xmission.com

Thanks,

Hoppy

They just found her and she was killed. I dont know how to get in touch with her parents

They just found her and she was killed. I dont know how to get in touch with her parents

can you verify that with a link?

I can't find anything to confirm that

Quote:
Her family and friends say they searched and found A’sha’s personal belongings along the side of Cherokee Road. That included her shoes, wallet, purse, cds and glasses. her mother says A’sha never goes anywhere without her glasses.

It doesn't look good if they found her glasses, anyone who can't see without glasses or contacts know how that goes..
Why was her family having to search? LE should have been out there to, god forbid some evidence was moved, disturbed, on went unnoticed..
My prayers for her family

From the map it looks like Cherokee Rd leads to a hwy of some sort, whoever took A'sha and her car, looks like at some point they tossed out her shoes, wallet, glasses, cds on the roadside before entering a hwy 29.
Either they did something with her before they got to Hwy 29 and she is nearby still,
or
they took her with them. It would be easier to keep her "under control" without her glasses on to see, shoes to run away with, and her wallet which may contain money or id.
So either someone wanted to lesson the chance of her running away from them, or they already "rid" of her somewhere.

There does exist a possibility that she ran away herself with the help of someone, either having spare glasses or contacts, and ditched her own items to make it look like foul play.

A'sha has been found deceased....

*snipped* (barely)

WILLIAMSTON, S.C. -- A community search effort was called off on Friday after a missing 17-year-old girl was found dead.

More

A'sha Rucker was last seen Wednesday morning at her home on Crescent Drive in Williamston, according to police. Her car was found later that day, after workers at Williamston's Caroline Community Center, located at 1 School St., reported an abandoned vehicle in the parking lot.

The Greenville County Coroner's Office confirmed Friday night that Rucker's body was found in Pelzer. Coroner Scott Ramsey said her body was found 40 yards from the road, near an abandoned house on Long Cane Road.

Rucker's mother, LaVette, found several pieces of her daughter's purse, glasses, wallets and keys along the side of Cherokee Road in Williamston Friday morning.

Ruckersaid the disappearance is completely out of character for her daughter. She also said she believes that something has happened to her.

"Something is wrong," she said. "A'sha has got to be found, because she is in danger (and) I'm not going to leave her out there waiting and wondering when her mom is going to come."

The organized search for Rucker began on Friday morning along Ida Tucker Road and Cherokee Road in Williamston.

Anderson County Council Member Gracie Floyd joined a group of concerned citizens looking for the teenager. They handed out fliers to passersby.

"As a mother, myself, this scared me," Floyd said. "My heart had just went out to her, so I gathered some of my friends and we came up here to help her look."

Police have checked Rucker’s cell phone records and found that messages were being retrieved.

Here's a map........it's 8.2 miles from where A'sha's rental car were found to the location where her body was discovered.
Asha.jpg

I believe this is the abandoned house where A'sha's body was discovered. Her body was reportedly discovered at an abandoned house, approximately 40 yards off the road, in the adjacent woods. This is the only house I can find on the street that looks to fit that description.

Asha1.jpg

how did they know to look in the abandon house???

how did they know to look in the abandon house???
It says in the article that some children playing found her body, which was outside near the abandoned house.

So sad =(
My prayers for her family and friends during this time, and i hope they catch the perp who did it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back