MA - BART cop shoves man into window so hard it breaks

Did the BART cop go too far?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • I don't know until I see the whole incident.

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2009/11/23/nr.bart.spokesman.cnn[/ame]

The video appears to show the cop pushing the guys head into the window but I'm not 100% sure of that.

The video doesn't show the beginning of the fight so it's hard to know what was going on. It does seem however that smashing someone into the glass is going a bit far.

I hate the bi-polar excuse. I'm bi-polar and so are a few people I know and we've never acted out violently.

No, sorry, it absolutely looks like his right arm is going through the window first, and on purpose. Besides, he hadsignificant lacerations to his right hand and forearm as well.

Usually these police mess-ups have me thinking "what if?", but this one just looks to me like the cop was doing his job. Media soaks up police brutality these days.

I voted that I'd have to see more. They say the guy was drunk. How much resisting this guy did enters a lot into it. I'm not saying what the cop did was right but I'd need a lot more film. I also agree with you that he didn't ram his head.

I don't think the cop intended to break the glass.

I have no problem with it.

Actually, I'm kinda "pro" police brutality in certain situations;)

As a daily rider of the BART I certainly have no problem with this. I too hate the bipolar/mental disease of the day excuse. I believe the cop has a concussion also along with lacerations. That's what was said on the news this morning.

The first time I watched I thought the policeman shoved him through the window. After rOtflcopter's post I re watched and agreed, I think the man shoved his arm through the window. The policeman pulls him back some after that. I saw a woman do the same thing, she was fighting with someone and run her arm through the glass door.

I am very much anti cop but in this case I don't ahve any problem... I have bipolar too... and its not an excuse for anything.

I am not anti-cop, I am anti-crime.

I'd have to see more, but what I saw didn't freak me out and as you all know I'm a bleeding heart liberal! :)

I'd prefer people NOT get slammed through windows in the name of peacekeeping, but this doesn't look excessively brutal. Hope the cop and the guy are okay.

I saw this the other day and the guy clearly shoved his arm through the window. Heck, who knows, he may not have even come in contact with the window at all if he hadn't used his hand.

I hope the LE officer isn't in too much trouble. He was doing his job, but then again this is SF. :(

JMHO
fran

...consider the environment...there was nothing really but widows around. Basic water cooler talk in the Bay Area that has reached my ears??? It's a non-story. The bystanders were glad the cop subdued the guy and feel he did what he needed to do - end of story, but as pointed out...this IS the Bay Area...I hope this does not get blown out of proportion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back