FL - Melissa Sjostrom, 33, killed in hit & run, Tampa, 8 Feb 2009

Here's an older article regarding the hit and run. Royally ticks me off.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1002198.ece

If you search the phrase "jordan valdez tampa", a number of articles concerning the case will come up.

Thank you for posting that, It's fair to say money talks huh. A million dollar home and the family is more worried about her getting a scholarship. I believe she was the driver, no doubt in my mind!! It is awful!

Thank you for posting that, It's fair to say money talks huh. A million dollar home and the family is more worried about her getting a scholarship. I believe she was the driver, no doubt in my mind!! It is awful!

Drives me crazy. Maybe because I don't have money. ;) I'm not sure if it was in that article, or another one I found, but it said the parents and the girl ALL had different attorneys. Good grief!!

Yup, it's now okay to take out the lower social classes, as long as you have the money for a good defense afterwards.

However it is not acceptable to be a member of the lower social class or the justice system will allow people to kill you.
Great message to send "Your Honor".

Ugh terrible, the girl should be charged as an adult. What is she, socio? She can actually eat dinner with her family after running someone over with her car!! I don't think so, i would have been too sick to my stomach to eat.
The girl needs hard time, probation is a joke. Make an example out of her, it's true, she was only looking out for herself. She should have stayed at the scene and called 911. Probably comes from a rich family.
I hope karma bites her in the butt!

In contrast a homeless man gets 15 years for stealing a box of cereal. Our system needs an overhaul, it's disgusting..

I hope they have already filed a civil suit for wrongful death.
I really feel for the 14 year old son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back