Butterball hot line horror stories (Turkey time)

octobermoon

Reaction score
NAPERVILLE, Ill. -- Workers at Butterball's turkey-tips hot line are used to oddball situations:

--The woman who cleaned out her turkey with a scrub brush and asked if that was OK to do. (You don't need to do that.)

--People who thaw a turkey in the bathtub while washing their kids. (Don't do that, either.)

--A man looking for a quick way to cook his turkey who put it in the oven on the cleaning cycle. (Also not advisable.)

http://www.suntimes.com/business/1902356,butterball-hot-line-turkey-horror-112409.article

NAPERVILLE, Ill. -- Workers at Butterball's turkey-tips hot line are used to oddball situations:

--The woman who cleaned out her turkey with a scrub brush and asked if that was OK to do. (You don't need to do that.)

--People who thaw a turkey in the bathtub while washing their kids. (Don't do that, either.)

--A man looking for a quick way to cook his turkey who put it in the oven on the cleaning cycle. (Also not advisable.)

http://www.suntimes.com/business/1902356,butterball-hot-line-turkey-horror-112409.article

Oh my! that last one has me LMAO! When we lived on post we had our oven replaced. When they (the housing guys) came in to replace it they showed us all the bells and wistles. The one thing that will always stick out in my mind was the guy telling me NEVER put something in the over and slip this arm thingy over. (it almost looked like the lock on a dishwasher) he said one woman had put a cake in the oven and "locked it" so her toddler would not open the door. the cake came out a charcoal briquet! the arm turned on the self cleaning cycle and once it was on there was no turning it off!

Anyone else recall the 'West Wing' episode in which Martin Sheen, playing the POTUS, called a turkey hotline a day or so before Thanksgiving to settle a debate he was having with the First Lady over how to cook their turkey? He kept getting hung up on by operators who thought he was someone trying to sound like the president. He finally disguised his voice- very funny.

Anyone else recall the 'West Wing' episode in which Martin Sheen, playing the POTUS, called a turkey hotline a day or so before Thanksgiving to settle a debate he was having with the First Lady over how to cook their turkey? He kept getting hung up on by operators who thought he was someone trying to sound like the president. He finally disguised his voice- very funny.

I didn't watch that show, baby in the house at that time, do you have a link to the episode? I am terrible at find things on youtube.

I am hoping someone will post the WKRP - "As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly"

I coulda used the turkey hotline for my first bird. Didn't know you were suppose to check both ends. Had nicely steamed gizzards tho. LOL Thank goodness they were in wax paper not plastic. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back