ACR's Forum: Ramsey Case Quotes

Show Me

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.acandyrose.com/ramseycase-quotes1.htm

Thanks to the incredible ACR. Very interesting comments from John and Patsy concerning the basement window. John, who went looking for clues, didn't tell the LE about the window.

--------------------------
Lou Smit: "...Did you ever go down to the basement?"

John Ramsey: "Uh huh. I went....I was by myself. There's three windows across here...the middle one...was broken. There was pane glass broken out of it, which I attributed to breaking myself... it was open (an inch or so) and there was a suitcase under it...this hard Samonsite suitcase...and I closed the window. I don't know why, but I closed it... I latched it ... I don't think I looked anywhere else."

Lou Smit: "...Did you tell anybody about that?"

John Ramsey: "I don't really remember... I mean part of what is going on, you're in such a state of disbelief this can happen. And the, you know, the window had been broken out. And you say, hah, that's it. But it was a window that I had used to get into the house before. It was cracked and open a little bit. It wasn't terribly unusual for me. Sometimes it would get opened to let cool air in because that basement could get real hot in winter...it was still sort of explainable to me that it could have been left open.....

More on the window. (This is from the NE published police files.

John decides the window had a 'fresh' break...still didn't inform the LE.
------------------
Lou Smit: "What made you go downstairs?"

John Ramsey: "I just wanted to start logically from the bottom up, I guess.... so I went down to the basement... I explained to (Fleet) that this window had been cracked open and I closed it.... that the window was broken, but I think it was broken by me... we got down on our hands and knees looking for some glass just to see."

Lou Smit: "What did you find?"

John Ramsey: "I think we found a few fragments of glass... not enough to indicate that it was a fresh break... we might have put them on the ledge, if I remember. It really wasn't much. We had only found one or two."

Show me, it's because of the window that I can't give John a "pass."

It is also the window and the way that Smit has represented it that tells me Smit has lost all credibility. He knows it wasn't wide open, yet he lies and shows a false picture of it being wide open, exclaiming an "intruder" - John lets him live the lie.

What I have never found out is what the Housekeeper knows about the window.

Show Me said:
More on the window. (This is from the NE published police files.

John decides the window had a 'fresh' break...still didn't inform the LE.
------------------
Lou Smit: "What made you go downstairs?"

John Ramsey: "I just wanted to start logically from the bottom up, I guess.... so I went down to the basement... I explained to (Fleet) that this window had been cracked open and I closed it.... that the window was broken, but I think it was broken by me... we got down on our hands and knees looking for some glass just to see."

Lou Smit: "What did you find?"

John Ramsey: "I think we found a few fragments of glass... not enough to indicate that it was a fresh break... we might have put them on the ledge, if I remember. It really wasn't much. We had only found one or two."

If I remember correctly there were some pictures showing glass on the suite case by the window,could either John or Fleet have but a piece of glass there?? This would account for that mystery piece of glass.

I too would like to hear what Linda H.P. would say about the window and suitcase, but for now it sounds like just "staging".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back