CA CA - Madeline Babcock, 35, Venice, June 1968

believe09

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a thread for her-please merge mods if there is one out there!!!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/babcock_madeline.html

Missing: June 1968
DOB: August 18, 1932
Height/Weight: 4'11", 105 LBS
Hair/Eyes: Blonde/Hazel
Medical/Distinguishing Charecteristics: Madeline was hydrocephelic and had a hysterectomy scar as well as a previously broken nose. Madeline would wear her hair high and over her forehead to cover the bulge. Nickname Lynn or Lyn, maiden name Pouliot. First married name: Larcome.

Madeline's sister Pat Foy looked avidly for her and developed a website devoted to the case. Pat has not made changes to the webpage since 2004 and has an inactive email address listed.

Madeline was long overdue for a spinal puncture to regulate her condition and was having trouble with alcohol when she disappeared. I have spoken with Venice PD to see if they have any contact information for Pat and they could find nothing. There is a candidate for a possible match for Madeline-it will require the collection of MtDNA from her nearest living relative in order to determine if the UID is Madeline.

PLEASE contact me at my email link if you have any information regarding the location of any of Madeline's relatives!!!!!!!! A big hearty thanks to Capoly who worked directly with the ME for the UID case to see if there was a way to rule Madeline in or out....

Rodney Alcala was in Los Angeles in 1968. Alcala has a lot of individuals in his pictures people doing musical things.

"Her hobbies in 1968 included singing and playing guitar"

For this possibility to make sense at all, the assumption is that Alcala was involved.

Note that for the below, under medical, it states:

"Previous fracture of the right nasal bone, healed at time of death."

Now the beads mentioned in the "Other:" section, doesn't seem to strike as a Babcock trait, however, there are some Alcala pictures with people in them wearing beads, but that particular person does not look like Babcock and has in fact been identified as living.

This person was found in Oregon, who knows if Alcala was in Oregon prior to going to New York in 1968.

Its a long shot, but who knows.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/762ufor.html

Bumping this thread-Madeline has a family member who has recently joined WS...Let's get as many sleuthers as we can to focus in on this one.

Peace

has anyone looked into the match from above, the UID from Oregon? That looks extremely promising.

I agree Aphra, http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/762ufor.html
posted above does look like a good fit, right down to the broken nose and height. How does one submit these comparisons.

Has Madeline's family member ever commented on this? Some input from him/her would be very helpful and add to the disussion.

Possible matches can be submitted to Rocky with the Doe Network. Email (Case File 762UFOR for the UID, 428DFCA for Madeline).

It looks like you can also submit it to the Linn County ME. Email or 541-812-5611 (Agency Case Number: 76-3309).

yes these have been submitted to the police and proper channels .madeline did wear platform heels and was into Indian beads and things .This from Madelins bological sister Pat Foy The bumb on Madelines head from the bee bite when 14 yrs of age was on the Left side that I recall not the right many years have gone by I could be wrong . PatHer head was 27 inches round we use my belt size to measure and would laugh how brainy she was . Actually a straight A student in High School in Boston Mass.

who is Rodney Alcala Pat Foy Madeline Babcocks sister?

Rodney Alcala is a serial killer who lived mostly in California but also on the east coast and the Pacific northwest, and may have traveled most anywhere. He was a photographer and last year after one of his trials, the police released a big cache of photos he had taken, some of victims and some of just people he had run into over the years. He's got his own forum on Websleuths.

IIRC, the DNA samples submitted by Madeline's sister and brothers are back. The profile for the Oregon UID is complete.

There are a few schools of thought on whether MtDNA samples are best compared sample to sample, or if it is effective enough to warehouse them in databases and run them against one another. I will let you guys know if I hear anything regarding the comparison.

Rodney Alcala was in Los Angeles in 1968. Alcala has a lot of individuals in his pictures people doing musical things.

"Her hobbies in 1968 included singing and playing guitar"

For this possibility to make sense at all, the assumption is that Alcala was involved.

Note that for the below, under medical, it states:

"Previous fracture of the right nasal bone, healed at time of death."

Now the beads mentioned in the "Other:" section, doesn't seem to strike as a Babcock trait, however, there are some Alcala pictures with people in them wearing beads, but that particular person does not look like Babcock and has in fact been identified as living.

This person was found in Oregon, who knows if Alcala was in Oregon prior to going to New York in 1968.

Its a long shot, but who knows.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/762ufor.html

Madeline had no access to a guitar at the time of her living in Venice Ca. I feel with all my heart her ex husband is the perp.We have letters in her own handwriting stating he threatened to kill her . Madelines sister Pat Foy

I agree Aphra, http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/762ufor.html
posted above does look like a good fit, right down to the broken nose and height. How does one submit these comparisons.

Has Madeline's family member ever commented on this? Some input from him/her would be very helpful and add to the disussion.

Yes This is Pat Foy Madelkine Babcocks sister . Right now we are waiting for the DNA results from the medical Examiner in Linn County Oregon we will post as soon as we know .Believe 09 has been extremely helpful in getting this moving in the right direction .God bless you all for your interest and your help . Pat

This is just an update for information on Madeline A Babcock The DNA is still being tested it takes a while according to the Medical examiner In Oregon as soon as thetests are complete we will have an answer one way or another they will let us know and it will be passed on to the Web Sleuths site . Thank you everyone for your interest in my missing sister Madeline. Her sister Pat A Foy

This is just an update for information on Madeline A Babcock The DNA is still being tested it takes a while according to the Medical examiner In Oregon as soon as thetests are complete we will have an answer one way or another they will let us know and it will be passed on to the Web Sleuths site . Thank you everyone for your interest in my missing sister Madeline. Her sister Pat A Foy

I hope this is a match so your family can have closure! :hug:

The Linn County Jane Doe was ruled out as a possible match for Madeline. Here is a copy of the email Pat received:

Hi Pat:

I received a response from the University of North Texas. The DNA from the Jane Doe in Linn County, OR was compared to the family reference samples provided from your family. Based on the DNA, this Jane Does has been excluded from being Madeline. The cases in NamUs will be updated to reflect this accurately as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Madeline's sister, Pat Foy stated on her website that Madeline had called their mother and said that a friend was going to drive her to visit her (mother) the following day. Pat did not know who this friend was.

It was also stated that Madeline worked at a now defunct factory called "Plastic Glide" in Santa Monica as well as a 2nd job as a barmaid for "Fred's Tavern", also in Santa Monica.

I have been trying to search for any info on this factory, to see if I could find anyone else who worked there around the same time. If the friend was not a family friend, the most logical scenario would be a co-worker or possibly a neighbor, IMO.

Since all her belongings had been moved out, there is a good chance that she, at least initially, moved out on her own free will... and would have needed help moving her belongings. I think it is likely that a co-worker or neighbor may have helped her. I would love to find out who she was friends with at her job.

I find it baffling that I can't find any mention whatsoever on the internet of this "Plastic Glide" factory though, other than in relation to this case. Is it possible that we have the name wrong? Maybe it was a plastic glide factory but that wasn't the name of it?

Her friends would be in their 70's and 80's now... so I think time is of the essence to try to start locating anyone she was close to, that might have known of her plans.

Madeline Had very few friends Plastic Glide went out of bussiness years ago . There is proof in Madelines letters that her EX Larry Babcock said he would kill her many times . I am her sister and I do know she never worked again after she went missing . I believe with my heart of hearts Larry killed her as he threatened to . Larry lives in Goldendale Washington and is still there unless he moved to Oregon to remarry a new victum as my nephew told me on the phone.

The case in Oregon was ruled out for a match through DNA testing of my Brothers and I Pat Madelines sister

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back