MS MS - Michael Surber, 54, Ocean Springs, 10 Nov 2009

Professional pool player I take it?

And POI on the loose..........I hope they get him soon.

I hope they get the perp, too....From reading the AZBilliard's forum, it sounds like he was very much a gentleman & well-respected.....so many people posting there are in shock that their friend, Biloxi Mike, was taken from them.

Post #43 on page 3 of the thread is chilling to read....It's so easy to see it in my mind's eye -- how that POI set him up.

Prayers for Mike Surber's friends & family, and that LE gets the man who senselessly took his life.

ETA: post #84 on page 6 is even scarier to read...this Jericho guy sounds like a real creep!

<snip>

Ocean Springs police were in Georgia earlier this week following leads about the person of interest in the death of Michael Surber, authorities said.

Police said that their person of interest, who goes by the name Jericho Cooper, may be using a stolen identity.

Investigators visited Atlanta and Villa Rica, Ga., on Monday through Wednesday, after the person of interest was seen in the area, according to Ocean Springs detective Sgt. John Flowers.

While in Georgia, police located "the real Jericho Cooper," who is believed to be a victim of identity theft, Flowers said.

Villa Rica Police Capt. Keith Shaddix earlier this week told the Times-Georgian newspaper in Carroll County, Ga., that the person of interest has ties to that area and was seen in a local bar Nov. 7.

more here

http://www.gulflive.com/news/mississippipress/news.ssf?/base/news/125940692884040.xml&coll=5

ETA:

<snip>

VILLA RICA, Ga. (MyFOX ATLANTA) - A person of interest in a murder in Mississippi might have been spotted in metro Atlanta. The owner of a bar in Villa Rica says Jericho Cooper went into The Watering Hole bar and skipped out on his tab.

more here

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/miss._police_search_for_man_in_georgia_112509

bumping for Mike Surber

ETA: it would be great if LE would tell us the POI's real name if they know it....trying to track down someone using an assumed identity is pretty tricky

Please check out the memorial dedicated to Biloxi Mike on the OnePocket.org Main Page of the website: http://www.OnePocket.org

Also, this is a new website set up to seek justice for the murder of Mike Surber. More content will be added when it becomes available.

http://www.MikeSurber.com

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread. Please keep an eye out for the so-called "person of interest."

It may also be helpful if you could disseminate the Mike Surber link to other forums. Together, we can make a difference. SOMEBODY may recognize the "person of interest."

RIP, Biloxi Mike!

Please check out the memorial dedicated to Biloxi Mike on the OnePocket.org Main Page of the website: http://www.OnePocket.org

Also, this is a new website set up to seek justice for the murder of Mike Surber. More content will be added when it becomes available.

http://www.MikeSurber.com

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread. Please keep an eye out for the so-called "person of interest."

It may also be helpful if you could disseminate the Mike Surber link to other forums. Together, we can make a difference. SOMEBODY may recognize the "person of interest."

RIP, Biloxi Mike!

Welcome, RailbirdJAM!!

Nice job on the website for Mike!!

I've been reading the posts @ azbilliard's & saw you'd started the site -- it looks great.

I will add your site to my tweets for Mike. I also think it would help if any pool players have twitter accounts to tweet asking for info every day, too. Using words in the tweet that a pool player may be googling will help bring attention to the tweets.

Also, posting in any & all Topix forums for any town where tournaments may be played or scheduled may help. Again, include in the posts words that a pool player might do a google search on.

If we get a big enough circle of people tweeting & posting to Topix, I think the word can get spread across the US.

Also, if there were a .PDF of a flyer that could be posted wherever pool players are gathered, that could help. You never know where the POI may turn up -- and you better believe I watch for him when my DBF & I go out.

We also know a *lot* of pool players - with a flyer we could at least get the word around here in Austin.

Prayers for Mike's family & all his fans who miss him.

Welcome, RailbirdJAM!!

Nice job on the website for Mike!!

I've been reading the posts @ azbilliard's & saw you'd started the site -- it looks great.

I will add your site to my tweets for Mike. I also think it would help if any pool players have twitter accounts to tweet asking for info every day, too. Using words in the tweet that a pool player may be googling will help bring attention to the tweets.

Also, posting in any & all Topix forums for any town where tournaments may be played or scheduled may help. Again, include in the posts words that a pool player might do a google search on.

If we get a big enough circle of people tweeting & posting to Topix, I think the word can get spread across the US.

Also, if there were a .PDF of a flyer that could be posted wherever pool players are gathered, that could help. You never know where the POI may turn up -- and you better believe I watch for him when my DBF & I go out.

We also know a *lot* of pool players - with a flyer we could at least get the word around here in Austin.

Prayers for Mike's family & all his fans who miss him.

Thanks for the kinds words and the warm welcome! :sunshine:

Great suggestion about the .PDF flyer, and we are working on that now. I don't know how to create one, as I am technologically challenged, I guess you'd say. :angel:

However, that is one thing that is going to help disseminate the picture of the person of interest and the contact information for the Ocean Springs Police Department for any information anyone may have to give.

I like this forum. I haven't had time to read everything yet, but I plan on making this a part of my daily reading. There seems to be a good group of people here! I look forward to making other contributions. :dance:

Help us seek justice for Biloxi Mike: http://www.MikeSurber.com

I spoke with Lieutenant John Flowers of the Ocean Springs Police Department recently, and he said that the investigation is still ongoing.

The idea of a reward fund has been kicked around. What are the pros and cons of that?

Also, I was interested in posting on the missing person, Kristi Cornwell, and all threads about this topic have been closed. Is there an ongoing thread that I may have missed?

Looking forward to learning from others about setting up a reward fund. What should the creators of this fund know about ahead of time?

TIA to any and all responders.

Help us seek justice for Biloxi Mike: http://www.mikesurber.com

I spoke with Lieutenant John Flowers of the Ocean Springs Police Department recently, and he said that the investigation is still ongoing.

The idea of a reward fund has been kicked around. What are the pros and cons of that?

Also, I was interested in posting on the missing person, Kristi Cornwell, and all threads about this topic have been closed. Is there an ongoing thread that I may have missed?

Looking forward to learning from others about setting up a reward fund. What should the creators of this fund know about ahead of time?

TIA to any and all responders.

Help us seek justice for Biloxi Mike: http://www.mikesurber.com

Railbird --

I can only guess that having a reward would help -- but the word has to get out to lots of people about it....in this case, sounds like someone needs to be sure that the areas in Georgia -- where the POI was last seen -- should get exposure to the reward $$.

Hopefully someone w/ experience in setting up reward funds will chime in.

Kristi's active threads are in the Missing/Located forum and here's the most recent thread for discussion of her case

GA-Kristi Leigh Cornwell (38yo) abducted 8/11/09 Thread #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

bumping for Biloxi Mike.

I can tell by google search results that RailbirdJAM has been busy getting the word out.

I hope LE finds the POI soon.

Folks, I read about this case on another website and felt the need to bump the case here. Perhaps mods can move it to the cold case section if needed. As best as I can determine, the case is still unsolved, in spite of the fairly clear pictures of the suspect in the videos on www.mikesurber.com. Hopefully the community here can help find Mike's killer and bring him to justice.

[video=youtube;aJdBuSP6Uso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJdBuSP6Uso"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJdBuSP6Uso[/video]

New video with enhancements.

8 yrs gone by on a murder with the perp (screw POI) guy on color video seen touching many many things. We have 95% of the story on exactly what happened! How did we not get this guy within a week of the murder? Weak police work.

8 yrs gone by on a murder with the perp (screw POI) guy on color video seen touching many many things. We have 95% of the story on exactly what happened! How did we not get this guy within a week of the murder? Weak police work.

I agree.

Southern Yokels-Bring in 2 of the top 40 NYC Detectives and it will be solved within a month

Police still don’t have a suspect in custody but they do have someone in mind: the last man known to have seen Surber alive.

Surveillance footage show the man and Surber at Skeeter’s Billiards in Gulfport in the hours leading up to his death. Witnesses say the two left the bar together. Two days later, Surber was found stabbed to death inside his home on Linda Circle. Cash was also stolen from the home.

Ocean Springs investigator Gregory McClellon has recently taken over this case and is looking at it with a fresh set of eyes, hoping to find new information about who the mystery man could be. He says the pair made multiple stops together after leaving Skeeter’s.

“They stopped at an attorney’s office in Biloxi and then they drove to another house in Ocean Springs and picked up Mr. Surber’s - he had two vehicles - picked up a second vehicle and then went to Mr. Surber’s home,” said McLellon.
COLD CASE: Police looking into murder of “Biloxi Mike” with fresh set of eyes

Web sleuths have dove into this case over the last ten years, as well, picking out clues and trying to solve the murder. Members of a Facebook group dedicated to finding the man note the very distinct stance he takes when shooting pool.

Who killed Michael Surber?

America’s Most Wanted eyes Ocean Springs murder case

Police hope video will give their cold case a hot lead

OS murder suspect may be back in Mississippi
COLD CASE: Police looking into murder of “Biloxi Mike” with fresh set of eyes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads