GUILTY Germany - John Demjanjuk, former Nazi guard, for war crimes, 2005

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Seems like this one has dragged on forever . . . .

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZeh56nYYg-jI3wvgWNbR7vpQO7AD90P12C00

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department said Monday that an alleged former Nazi death camp guard has exhausted all legal avenues for trying to remain in the United States and the government remains committed to deporting him.

The department commented after the Supreme Court refused to step into the case of 88-year-old John Demjanjuk, who lives in the Cleveland suburb of Seven Hills.

A 2005 deportation order would send Demjanjuk to Germany, Poland or his native Ukraine. But the Justice Department has not indicated if those nations are willing to accept him.

I never thought I'd see this day! I went to church with and rode the bus with one of the lawyers trying to deport him and that was some 20 years ago! He did say it would take a long time....

So, where does he go? I thought he would die before this was settled.

I never thought I'd see this day! I went to church with and rode the bus with one of the lawyers trying to deport him and that was some 20 years ago! He did say it would take a long time....

You know, even though his son comes across as a SOB, I still have pity for his family. They didn't do anything to deserve this in their lives. But, as far as Demjanjuk he could relocate to hell as far as I'm concerned.

I thought he would die also.

I say good cuz then he won't be buried here.

It looks like he will go back to the Ukraine

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080519/us_nm/usa_demjanjuk_court_dc_3

He still has support in the Ukrainian community, including the Rev. John Nakonachny of St. Vladimir's Orthodox Church, in Parma, Ohio, where Demjanjuk is a parishioner.

"We believe in his innocence. It doesn't matter what the Supreme Court says -- they can't overturn history. Jews and Ukrainians suffered at the hands of the Nazis," Nakonachny said.

~ I do feel for his family but its a crime he was able to live such a good life here after what he did.

Golfmom, I keep thinking the pic in your siggy is a pic of Demjanjuk. Kinda lightens this thread for me. LOL

"We believe in his innocence. It doesn't matter what the Supreme Court says -- they can't overturn history. Jews and Ukrainians suffered at the hands of the Nazis," Nakonachny said.
:eek::eek::eek: How can they believe in his innocence?????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: He was a Nazi!:doh::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

:eek::eek::eek: How can they believe in his innocence?????:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: He was a Nazi!:doh::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Is this the man that the Israeli's convicted to death, but later released after his appeal? I'm not certain but I think they confused him with Ivan Marchenko?

I know it turned out this guy isn't Ivan The Terrible. Maybe that has something to do with his supporters? I'm not condoning the man at all, but just trying to figure out what's up with the supporters. Was there concrete proof or did this guy admit to being a death camp guard?

Was there concrete proof or did this guy admit to being a death camp guard?

From the article: A judge ruled in 2002 that documents from World War II prove Demjanjuk was a Nazi guard at various death or forced-labor camps.

From the article: A judge ruled in 2002 that documents from World War II prove Demjanjuk was a Nazi guard at various death or forced-labor camps.

Thanks, Linas. I did see that in the article, but they don't say what documents.

Again I'm not supporting the man. I just wondered since his name was cleared in an Israeli court. Maybe they didn't have the evidence that this immigration Judge had.

Thanks, Linas. I did see that in the article, but they don't say what documents.

Again I'm not supporting the man. I just wondered since his name was cleared in an Israeli court. Maybe they didn't have the evidence that this immigration Judge had.

From what I gathered, the Israeli court cleared him of being "Ivan the Terrible" but apparently he was still a Nazi guard.

http://www.kentucky.com/181/story/791780.html

Monday, May. 11, 2009

Suspected Nazi guard John Demjanjuk, who has been ordered to surrender to U.S. immigration authorities in Ohio, is expected to be deported to Germany by Tuesday, a German Justice Ministry spokesman said Monday...

...U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement served him with a notice Friday asking him to surrender, one day after the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear his appeal against deportation.

...A U.S. judge revoked his citizenship in 2002 based on U.S. Justice Department evidence showing he concealed his service at Sobibor and other Nazi-run death and forced-labor camps.

An immigration judge ruled in 2005 he could be deported to Germany, Poland or Ukraine. Munich prosecutors issued an arrest warrant for him in March.

He should be in Germany by tomorrow.

It seems that either way he is a pretty rotten human being.

The court dropped the first lot of charges because they couldn't prove without doubt that he was Ivan the Terrible, a particularly ruthless gas chamber guard at extermination camp Treblinka. He was picked out of a photo lineup by some survivors as being THE Ivan, though proper procedure was not followed, given his picture was much more prominent in size and he was the only person with certain physical characteristics eg blonde hair out of all those featured. So there was a bit of uncertainty there as to whether they could actually convict him based on that.

But these charges are different, they now think he was a guard at Sobibor and Majdanek, also extermination camps. They gassed everyone immediately upon arrival at those camps and having worked there basically means he cannot deny he was complicit in the holocaust. The only purpose of those camps was to kill people, not even to use slave labour. If I recall he had an identification card, proven authentic, that indicated he had also undertaken training to be an SS guard.

It is very strange to think someone who has done this can immerse themself in American society and live life as a normal person for all those years afterwards. It makes me wonder about what skeletons people in my everyday life have in their closets too.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a0hoMfnTmoVE&refer=home

May 12 (Bloomberg) -- Suspected Nazi death camp guard John Demjanjuk arrived in Germany where he was taken into custody over claims he assisted in the murder of 29,000 Jews during World War II.

Demjanjuk, an 89-year-old retired autoworker who lived outside Cleveland, departed on a flight yesterday from Ohio’s Burke Lakefront Airport. He arrived at Munich Airport at about 9:15 a.m. today, according to Manfred Noetzel, head of the Munich Prosecutors’ Office.

I will be crossing my fingers that justice will be served. All the deaths that resulted from the Holocaust and this will most likely be the last trial we will see as this era comes to a close.
I don't care about his age. I care that he will be brought to justice even for being a low level guard in a camp, considering he did volunteer. :furious::furious:

Gozgals

Snip
MUNICH — John Demjanjuk has gone on trial on charges of being an accessory to the murder of 27,900 Jews at a Nazi death camp, the final chapter in some 30 years of efforts to prosecute the retired Ohio autoworker.

The 89-year-old was deported in May from the United States and has been in German custody since then. He arrived Monday for the start of the trial at the Munich state court.

Prosecutors charge that he served as a guard under the SS. He could face up to 15 years in prison if convicted for his alleged activities at the Sobibor camp in occupied Poland.

Demjanjuk was deemed fit for trial, though his family says he is terminally ill. In deference to his fragile health, his trial has been limited to two 90-minute sessions per day.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,577766,00.html?test=latestnews

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back