VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
First in and SouthernVAgirl you dont have to lurk, your contributions here are as important as anyone elses. Do your thing, the more the merrier and we all appreciate what you have to add!

In this case, it's a holiday and everyone's doing it. Although, I will say that I don't go for anything like a fake hand hanging out of a trunk, and even the leg is pushing it a bit. I can handle a mummy for halloween, but not a baby's corpse. You may think that's splitting hairs, but in this case there are no hairs to split anyway because horrorcore is not in the gray area about violence and gore and mutilation. They are clear to the one side, as close to the real thing as you can get. Oh-oh!! Just fell off the edge: Sam.

I don't think we generally accept the "everyone's doing it" excuse when something is wrong. If something is OK when everyone is doing it, then why would it not be acceptable when only a few are doing it?

I think the feeling that they have found a crew that is different from most people, but much like themselves is what draws people to the horrorcore scene or any number of other underground scenes in the first place. Your revulsion only confirms that they are different and justifies their desire to cling to one another.

I don't think we generally accept the "everyone's doing it" excuse when something is wrong. If something is OK when everyone is doing it, then why would it not be acceptable when only a few are doing it?

I think the feeling that they have found a crew that is different from most people, but much like themselves is what draws people to the horrorcore scene or any number of other underground scenes in the first place. Your revulsion only confirms that they are different and justifies their desire to cling to one another.

My general experience is that the many are usually wrong and the few are usually right.

So I do have to agree that the Nazi Nuremberg defense of "we were just our jobs," doesnt work, the fact that everyone is doing something is what usually tells me it is wrong as I tend to follow the trends of the minority myself.

This doesnt always hold true of course but it is a good rule of thumb for me.

I have always liked the irony of the non conforming conformists and thats what the HC kids remind me of.

In this case, it's a holiday and everyone's doing it. Although, I will say that I don't go for anything like a fake hand hanging out of a trunk, and even the leg is pushing it a bit. I can handle a mummy for halloween, but not a baby's corpse. You may think that's splitting hairs, but in this case there are no hairs to split anyway because horrorcore is not in the gray area about violence and gore and mutilation. They are clear to the one side, as close to the real thing as you can get. Oh-oh!! Just fell off the edge: Sam.

My point with all of this is that different people will set different limits and we can't assume we agree on them. I was at some folks house for Halloween that did their garage up as the "Dead Disco" they had a few severed legs, martini glasses filled with severed fingers, punch with eyeballs, etc. Also one animatronic dancing zombie.

In my opinion horrorcore is closest to reading a horror novel. Although there are of course music videos, and some of those are way way over the top, but with just listening to the music and rapping you have to imagine the situation in your mind much like reading a book.

Compare this aspect of horrorcore with ultra realistic slasher horror films like the Saw movies:

saw.jpg

Just some random musings on the new thread...

The "Shout Outs" video with the juxtapositon of the fascinating looking dude, the street cred language and the lavendar room with the porcelain pink and white roses lamp in the background just tweaked my brain.

The "cute" little animals in the gory situations...I love the Tiger one cuz it reminds me of Tatiana who escaped her confines and hunted down one of the dudes that peeved her off and ate him :) (it would not be amusing if the guy hadn't been a total jerk, but it was a sort of natural justice and I can relate to that Tiger sometimes).

Toy axe or not, really? Would it matter if it were say... a toy penis or something? Just because it's not the real thing, is the WHOLE entire point to be lost?

I think I'd rather be known as Killa Satin :) Some people just can't resist a good pigeon hole to put themselves in for attention, notoriety and shock value...aka the HCR granny.

Ok, on with the show and thanks for coming folks.

I'm going to change my killa cattle dog's name to Satan. AND walk around with a muzzle on him. 'Cause I am just that edgy.

The Tapu cracks me up sometimes.

The Tapu.

I have always liked the irony of the non conforming conformists and thats what the HC kids remind me of.

I think it’s hysterical that ‘kids’ wishing to be unique and special individuals end up doing something like mega-piercing, or goth-style or HCR. Why? Because ‘everyone’ in their group does it, and they are no longer unique!

Originally Posted by ziggy
>>Good analogy - and thanks for the heads up...didn't know Elliot Smith had died<<

Andres said: Quote: >>Dude. 2003. Get with it, Ziggster. <<

For SoutherVAGirl and me .... "Dude. I don't have a clue who Elliot IS!"

:Banane09:

as for tsimfukis. he's 16 and has Progeria ... the disease where a child ages all the way through life very quickly and dies at about age 13, although some make it to their early 20s. I guess Justin Tsimbidis is a disturbed kid, that knows he's dying every day ... I guess I'd have a he## of a lot of rage in me, too. Sad, sad, sad.

:40__s:

A baby's onesie decorated with upside=down crosses??? ABSOLUTELY. REVOLTING. ....have to wonder what's in the kid's bottles:

I guess they could say its the cross of St Peter but I doubt thats what they mean it to be.:crazy::loser:

I think it’s hysterical that ‘kids’ wishing to be unique and special individuals end up doing something like mega-piercing, or goth-style or HCR. Why? Because ‘everyone’ in their group does it, and they are no longer unique!

Yea thats exactly what I am talking about, gotta love that irony!:crazy:

Originally Posted by ziggy
>>Good analogy - and thanks for the heads up...didn't know Elliot Smith had died<<

Andres said: Quote: >>Dude. 2003. Get with it, Ziggster. <<

For SoutherVAGirl and me .... "Dude. I don't have a clue who Elliot IS!"

:Banane09:

wadahoot...you're just 4 letters away from woot !:crazy:

Yea thats exactly what I am talking about, gotta love that irony!:crazy:

i've heard that so many times before but i don't really get it....i don't think people are a certain way just to be different ,why would they do that?...people are a certain way and if other people share the way they are or what they like ,what's wrong with that?...I'm always happy if someone likes what i like but i really don't care either way....

My point with all of this is that different people will set different limits and we can't assume we agree on them. I was at some folks house for Halloween that did their garage up as the "Dead Disco" they had a few severed legs, martini glasses filled with severed fingers, punch with eyeballs, etc. Also one animatronic dancing zombie.

In my opinion horrorcore is closest to reading a horror novel. Although there are of course music videos, and some of those are way way over the top, but with just listening to the music and rapping you have to imagine the situation in your mind much like reading a book.

Compare this aspect of horrorcore with ultra realistic slasher horror films like the Saw movies:

saw.jpg

I totally agree,even though you are using the term "some of them are way over the top"...in your opinion....again it's just a matter of opinion....
there are countless books written where the author uses "I" to tell the story but it's not things the author would actually do ,it's story telling,that's the same in music, "horrorcore" or whatever other genre,...
...and I'm also wondering why some people get so upset or repulsed about stuff that I like and I get repulsed by stuff other people like.....I guess it's like if you've never been close to something or experienced something you're not going to understand it,same with prejudism I guess.....or let's say people who share the same disease ,like cancer or something,it makes them feel better to get together and talk about their experiences,but people who never had it would be upset to sit around and talk about suffering and pain cos they never had to....

i've heard that so many times before but i don't really get it....i don't think people are a certain way just to be different ,why would they do that?...people are a certain way and if other people share the way they are or what they like ,what's wrong with that?...I'm always happy if someone likes what i like but i really don't care either way....

I think people now more than ever are looking for ANY way to be unique and different...like why my good friend Cindy who was Cindy for years and years had to become...Cyndi. Yeah, even just the weird, excuse me, "unique" spelling of names has been a quest for individuality.

I can totally see people getting into this underground,not consciously of course, for its sort of exclusivity. It makes them feel a part of something different, special, and makes others curious about them which gives them the attention they need.

Then the little unique groups all "conform" which is what they were trying to get away from in the beginning. Life is a fascinating cycle isn't it?

....but i think a lot of people are not consciously NOT trying to confirm...on the contrary ,they might try and fail....I don't think it's conforming if you find a group of people that get what you get....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth