GUILTY IN - Conner Conley, 10, strangled to death, Rising Sun, 28 Nov 2009 *brother arrested*

A newspaper in Cincinnati is reporting the teen is actually the victim's brother. He's being held at a juvenile detention center in Lawrenceburg.

snip...Noel Houze with the Indiana State Police says Ohio County Sheriff's Department found the child's body, "The sherriff's department received some information that there was a possible body at this location. A sheriff's deputy responded a discovered the body of the child."

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-boy-found-dead-in-park-113009,0,1685535.story

Jeremy Monk, the boys’ uncle who often watched them, said the 17-year-old was in custody and that his sister, the boys’ mother, had been with police all day.

“It’s a damn shame,” said Monk, standing on his front porch. “They are both good kids. They are both honor roll students.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091130/NEWS01/311300009

You know of all the family dysfunctional scenarios, I think this one would have to be one of the worst. You love your kids. And if anyone hurts your child, you want them to pay and pay significantly. But you love your kids, and you want to protect them. And that would include the older child too. This mother can't even grieve, because she is worried about her older son. I feel for her and her family members.

You know of all the family dysfunctional scenarios, I think this one would have to be one of the worst. You love your kids. And if anyone hurts your child, you want them to pay and pay significantly. But you love your kids, and you want to protect them. And that would include the older child too. This mother can't even grieve, because she is worried about her older son. I feel for her and her family members.

I have a feeling you might be right! I remember when I was about eight and my twelve year old sister started chasing me around the house with a butcher knife. Where I grew up, winter was VERY winter and it was the middle of winter. My mother screamed, with tears running down her eyes, for me to run to my cousin's house (across the street). I did and, after a while, my mother called me home again. Interestingly, my cousin had JUST found out that the baby she was carrying was dead (she was eight months and had to wait until contractions began on their own for delivery); she never asked a single question as to why I was running around barefoot in January! Nor did I offer an explanation. We both PRETENDED it was a normal visit. Dysfunction in a family can carry across generations and relatives!

This is so very sad for me. I managed to turn out semi-normal ( I think) and my own children (four of them) love each other SO much!!!! But I still remember my mother's scared eyes begging me to just run as fast as I could!

I have a feeling you might be right! I remember when I was about eight and my twelve year old sister started chasing me around the house with a butcher knife. Where I grew up, winter was VERY winter and it was the middle of winter. My mother screamed, with tears running down her eyes, for me to run to my cousin's house (across the street). I did and, after a while, my mother called me home again. Interestingly, my cousin had JUST found out that the baby she was carrying was dead (she was eight months and had to wait until contractions began on their own for delivery); she never asked a single question as to why I was running around barefoot in January! Nor did I offer an explanation. We both PRETENDED it was a normal visit. Dysfunction in a family can carry across generations and relatives!

This is so very sad for me. I managed to turn out semi-normal ( I think) and my own children (four of them) love each other SO much!!!! But I still remember my mother's scared eyes begging me to just run as fast as I could!

That sounds terrible Sheromom! I'm glad it stopped with you. It sounds like your mother was scared of your sister also. Whatever happened with your sister? Did she change when she grew up or did she continue to have problems?

That sounds terrible Sheromom! I'm glad it stopped with you. It sounds like your mother was scared of your sister also. Whatever happened with your sister? Did she change when she grew up or did she continue to have problems?

I just visited her this summer. For the first time ever, she told me that she loved me. Brought me to tears. She has struggled with two of her three children and some of her grands. The true problem was our abusive father, who taught us to be aggressive. Hung me over the bridge over the Columbia River when I was three (my first memory) and told me, while laughing loudly, that he was going to toss me! My mother was crying and begging him to put me down. So, even then, I KNEW why my sister had problems. At the time, though, it was a fight for my own life. And my mother was the most gentle person. She was caught in a nightmare. Raised in a time before welfare and taught to stay with the husband regardless. I truly hope there is a reward in the afterlife because my mother deserves one!

I feel like most of the members who post here ,have all had some tragedies in our lives, but I think that is why we are here,trying to help solve these crimes. I believe we all have insight into these cases because of the things we have dealt with, or overcome.
We all have luggage from out past to pack around.. to not allow the past to ruin our future is what is most important. Learn from the past, but don't allow the luggage to get under our feet and make us stumble.

Andrew is the only suspect in the case, and police and the prosecutor said they are not looking for additional people.

Both brothers were honor students at schools in Rising Sun, said school officials and an Indiana State Police spokesman.

Dylan Drew, a junior at Rising Sun High School, said that Andrew – a senior – withdrew from school two weeks ago.

Drew, 17, said he did not know why Conley dropped out.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20091201/NEWS0107/312010067/Indiana+teen+remains+in+custody

This just shakes me to the core! I have 3 boys, ages 4, 3, & 3. I cannot even fathom.

I want to know more!

That an honor student suddenly drops out of school just months before he's to finally graduate is odd... It makes me wonder if he got caught up in drugs. What a devastating situation for this family. What a tragic loss of a precious life, and the promising future of the older boy. I can't wrap my mind around how these things happen. Just baffling....

There's going to be a conference at 4 p.m.

http://www.kypost.com/content/wcpos...f-10-Year-Old-Boy/xbgCOMbCxE-MJogJnaFw7A.cspx

You can watch live here:

http://www.wcpo.com/content/mediacenter/wcpolive.aspx

Man I do feel so sorry for these parents!

The 17yo was found standing over his sleeping father holding a knife prior to the killing. The reason he left school was because he had been 'cutting'. Described the killing to LE and LE said he spoke with no emotion. After killing his brother, he put him into the trunk of his car and drove to his girlfriends. Was at his girlfriend's home several hours and gave her a sweetheart ring.

The only positive thing that I can see in this is that after hiding his brother's body, he did then go to LE and confess.

Caution: Very descriptive article telling about the events of day the murder happened and describing the murder.
http://www.kypost.com/content/wcpos...-Year-Old-Brother/cJPUpQKMKkqaGnjw45VdAw.cspx

Man I do feel so sorry for these parents!

The 17yo was found standing over his sleeping father holding a knife prior to the killing. The reason he left school was because he had been 'cutting'. Described the killing to LE and LE said he spoke with no emotion. After killing his brother, he put him into the trunk of his car and drove to his girlfriends. Was at his girlfriend's home several hours and gave her a sweetheart ring.

The only positive thing that I can see in this is that after hiding his brother's body, he did then go to LE and confess.

Caution: Very descriptive article telling about the events of day the murder happened and describing the murder.
http://www.kypost.com/content/wcpos...-Year-Old-Brother/cJPUpQKMKkqaGnjw45VdAw.cspx

OMG, this is just breaking my heart! How did things go so terribly wrong? Did his parents try to get him help after the incident with the father? I can't even imagine how scared Conner must have been :(

AND, comparing the desire to kill his baby brother with being hungry for a hamburger!!!!!!! W T F!!

Obviously there is some real issues going on in this household that nobody was aware of. Perhaps these children were such good students out of fear? What other troubling events led up to this gruesome climax? 17 yo seems sociopathic to me. That is not something that happens overnight. As you said Lovejac, did his parents try to get him help? Or did they deny and push things under the rug?

From the way this article is worded, I don't think they knew about the incident with the father. I think that was something he told LE.

The Ohio-Dearborn County prosecutor has upgraded charges against a 17 year old to murder in the death of his 10 year old brother and released new, disturbing information about the killing and plans the teen had to murder his own father.
http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...-Death-of-Brother/cPGf0lncB0qGdRHl0O-PIg.cspx

He also told them that he felt like the character Dexter in the TV show.

From this article, it sounds like the father did wake up.

A southeastern Indiana youth who a prosecutor says fantasized about killing someone will face adult charges of murder in the strangulation death of his 10-year-old brother.
http://www.wlky.com/news/21800321/detail.html

How very sad. I have to wonder about mental illness, but I see no indication of that in the little bit we know. Do we know why he dropped out of school?

I certainly don't see any evidence that the family knew he had problems - it sounds like the incident where he thought about killing his Dad was just disclosed in the interview where he confessed to killing his brother. It doesn't sound like his family knew about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back