GUILTY NC - Deana Schermerhorn, 41, Seven Devils, 8 Nov 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www2.tricities.com/tri/news/..._deana_elizabeth_schermerhorn_feared_d/36582/

30 Nov 09

A woman who spent much of her childhood in the Tri-Cities is now the subject of a massive search in North Carolina. The Seven Devils (N.C.) Police Department is looking for Deana Elizabeth Schermerhorn, 41. According to police, she was last seen by family members on November 8th at her home in Seven Devils.

and

Seven Devils police want to talk to Schermerhorn’s husband about her disappearance.

“Schermerhorn may be in the company of Christopher Warren Meade driving a maroon 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada four door SUV, North Carolina registration YXR4449,“ a police press release said.

However, Meade remains missing.

“He is now a missing person,“ Assistant Chief Bobby Powell said.

and

“He said that, ‘Daddy was playing with sticky tape with mommy and put her in a red and white blanket and drug her and put brush over here,‘“ Whittemore said about her nephew Gabe’s conversation with a child psychiatrist. “He says, ‘I ain’t never going to see mommy no more.‘“

According to Whittemore, Meade had a history of abusing her sister. In fact, the last time she saw her sister, she had two black eyes, Whittemore said.

much more at link

pic
http://media.tricities.com/tricities/img-story/images/uploads/missing.jpg

jesus, what is it with these guys?? I feel like I'm hearing about a woman murdered by her husband at least once a week now. You don't have to kill her - you can always get a divorce!

Oh my god how awful! And to think that the child may have witnessed some of it.. it's just sickening. And ITA Future Criminologist.. it does seem like we're hearing about this more and more!

Found this today -- wish there was better news. :(

Missing Woman: Watauga County, NC

Watauga County Crimestoppers requests your help in identifying the person(s) responsible for the following crime(s):

Authorities are seeking assistance in the disappearance of Deana Elizabeth Schermerhorn. Schermerhorn was last seen by family members on November 8th, 2009 at her residence in Seven Devils. Schermerhorn may be in the company of Christopher Warren Meade driving a maroon in color 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada four door SUV, North Carolina registration YXR4449. Schermerhorn is described as being forty one years of age, approximately five feet two inches tall, blond hair, blue eyes and slim build. Meade is described as being approximately twenty six years of age, approximately five feet seven inches tall, brown hair, brown eyes with possible facial hair. Both Schermerhorn and Meade have contacts in Watauga and Caldwell counties and in eastern Tennessee and Bristol, Virginia.

Numerous searches for Schermerhorn have been performed, including a large scale search of the Seven Devils area on Friday November 20, 2009. This search utilized NCSHP Aircraft, Seven Devils Department of Public Safety Personnel, Watauga County Sheriff’s Office, Watauga County Department of Emergency Management, the Avery County Sheriff’s Office, Linville Rescue Squad, Watauga Rescue Squad, Beech Mountain PD, Sugar Mountain PD, Banner Elk PD, NC State Bureau of Investigation personnel and members of the NC Search and Rescue Dog Association. The search proved negative. Detectives are still investigating the matter as a missing person case, but investigators fear Schermerhorn is possibly deceased.

Interviews are still on going. Investigators are still seeking any information regarding the whereabouts of Schermerhorn and Meade.

Anyone with information on this crime please contact Seven Devils Department of Public Safety at 828-963-6370 or Special Agent Wade H. Colvard of the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation at 828-294-2226.

You may also call Crimestoppers at 828-268-6959. All information will be kept confidential. Crimestoppers pays rewards for information, which leads to arrests; recovery of stolen property; seizure of drugs and the location of wanted persons.

http://www.wcyb.com/pages/5793236.php?contentType=4&contentId=5147553

Wow....I can only ask...what have they been doing since Nov 7th??

what sort of "reporter" wrote this mess of a story??

very unclear...why no picture of the husband?? very odd story

does not sound "good" at all for this poor woman

just a thought...when you see your sister with "2 black eyes" why no attempt to intervene, provide a safe place, help her get away, or "drop a dime" on the hubby or ??

Photo with Meade and vehicle.
schermerhornandmeade_edited.jpg

bravada.jpg

http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8224&Itemid=1

Wow....I can only ask...what have they been doing since Nov 7th??

what sort of "reporter" wrote this mess of a story??

very unclear...why no picture of the husband?? very odd story

does not sound "good" at all for this poor woman

just a thought...when you see your sister with "2 black eyes" why no attempt to intervene, provide a safe place, help her get away, or "drop a dime" on the hubby or ??

My pet peeve w/ missing persons stories is NO PICTURES of victim, POI, suspect - whoever!!

How the heck can anybody look for someone they don't know if they don't at least have an idea of what they look like??!!

It happens a *lot*.

I'm confused. Is Meade this woman's husband and the person LE wants to speak to? And he's also missing now? Why did they wait so long to get this story out when they already suspect she's deceased? Jeez!:banghead:

The reporting on this story is exceptionally poor.

I agree..the reporting on this is really confusing.

From what I did understand of this story though, it's incredibly sad. I hope that they find Deana alive and well, although I understand that probably isn't going to happen. I do, however, pray she gets justice. :rose:

I'm confused. Is Meade this woman's husband and the person LE wants to speak to? And he's also missing now? Why did they wait so long to get this story out when they already suspect she's deceased? Jeez!:banghead:

The reporting on this story is exceptionally poor.

I *think* from reading, the two were in a relationship that produced a son, although last names different? What the little boy said does NOT sound good! And the story IS horribly written. Sometimes depending on what paragraph i read, i felt like they were BOTH suspected of something...just the wording...very odd...

I am really frustrated with the media reports in all missing children/persons cases. Why not just use straight forward language and state the facts? Lives are on the line and these reporters cannot write a cohesive story!!!!

This little coward needs to be found and made to answer to whatever his actions were. This little boy would not make up a story like that, so it did happen, IMO.

I am so sick of all of the murdering going on and daily hearing of a missing child who was not being watched closely enough. I am sick of 's murdering children. And I am sick of men and women murdering each other. FGS, just leave and don't look back, but do not resort to murder.

I hope Deana is located.

Can't find any updates. I hope she's ok - she's just a little bitty thing. Doesn't sound good, though. :furious:

Could it be the statements the son made to the psychologist? They need to find that Meade guy.

I'm sure that's a huge part of it. Reminds me of the Jesse Davis/Bobby Lee Cutts case. These men just make me so sick.

The article I posted earlier stated that LE knows that Meade has been "active" since Deana went missing. I sure hope they're closing in on him.

Where is Deana? Wondering if they have found this Meade fellow--he needs to answer some tough questions.

Did i miss something? If the child seen this happen how did he end up with the aunt?

in the article they wouldn't say who "returned" the child after 4 or 5 days of her missing. could be his family. could have been him dropping the child off and running from all the article says :(

in the article they wouldn't say who "returned" the child after 4 or 5 days of her missing. could be his family. could have been him dropping the child off and running from all the article says :(

I think it had to have been Meade. But the reporting on this case has been terrible, so who knows?

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2009/dec/11/missing-couple-a-mystery/news/

SEVEN DEVILS - Even before Deana Elizabeth Schermerhorn disappeared Nov. 8 from a house in Seven Devils, she was pretty much a mystery to people there.

Schermerhorn, 41, and her husband, Christopher Warren Meade, 26, and their 4-year-old son had been living in Seven Devils only about a week before she disappeared. Authorities knew that they had been displaced by a fire at their house in Caldwell County, but they still aren't clear how they wound up in the wealthy community of Seven Devils in Watauga County.

Authorities say that Schermerhorn is likely dead, and they are looking for Meade for questioning. Their son was returned to family members about four or five days after Schermerhorn disappeared.

Court documents and neighbors in Caldwell County paint a violent recent history between the Schermerhorn and Meade, alleging substance abuse, loud arguments and fighting.

I can't understand why they can't find this little loser. He appears to have been unemployed - so what is he living on? Has to be hiding out somewhere with family or friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back