News, Anyone?

OneLove

Reaction score
Anyone know what the status is for this case? Are the whereabouts of Christina at this time known? And is there a trial date or any hearing dates scheduled anytime soon?

[SIZE=-2]Laurean makes walkdown for Tuesday court appearance[/SIZE]
Laurean makes walkdown for Tuesday court appearance
[SIZE=-1]WNCT - Greenville,NC,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Stephanie Moore | Noon Edition Producer Cesar Laurean, the former Marine accused of murder, has made his walkdown for his scheduled court appearance in ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Cesar Laurean, the former Marine accused of murder, has made his walkdown for his scheduled court appearance in Onslow County Tuesday afternoon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]A decision is expected in the change of venue motion that Laurean’s attorney filed in September.[/SIZE]

Change of venue for Laurean trial approved
December 08, 2009 2:25 PM

Cesar Laurean will go to trial June 18 for the December 2007 death of 20-year-old Maria Lauterbach, but it won't be in Onslow County.

A change of venue was approved by Judge Charles Henry for Laurean's case Tuesday, however, the venue has not yet been decided.

At least a trial date has finally been set and now the big question is where it will be held. :waitasec:

Also today, with the news of JY's arrest - WRAL reported that Maria's parents have filed a wrongful death suit against both Laurean and his WIFE. Check out the replays of the 11 pm WRAL news from today - web version not yet posted - was watching live stream and heard this.

At least a trial date has finally been set and now the big question is where it will be held. :waitasec:

It was in my hometown newspaper (Wayne County) that the trial would be held there and the judge is an old friend of mine, we went to school together from 3rd grade until high school.

It was in my hometown newspaper (Wayne County) that the trial would be held there and the judge is an old friend of mine, we went to school together from 3rd grade until high school.

Are you talking about Goldsboro? My birthplace too.

DA: Laurean trial moved to Wayne County

Prosecutors confirmed Monday that former Marine Cesar Laurean’s trial will be held in Wayne County.
Laurean, a former Marine, is accused of killing pregnant colleague Maria Lauterbach in December 2007 and burying her body in his Onslow County backyard. The case drew national and local media attention in early 2008. Laurean’s attorney, Jacksonville lawyer Dick McNeil requested late last year that the trial’s venue be changed due to the amount of pretrial publicity.
District Attorney Dewey Hudson admitted Monday that Laurean’s story had probably been heard by most people in Wayne County, but they had not been inundated with news coverage.
“It would be hard to find a potential juror who has not heard about it,” he said. “But we need to find a jury that will not have its mind made up as soon as it is seated.”
Hudson said jury selection in Onslow County would take too long.
“I’m not saying Onslow County jurors are incapable of being impartial, but once you hear something you can’t unhear it,” he said.
For those reasons, the state did not argue against McNeil’s motion to change venues.
N.C. Superior Court Judge Charles Henry signed the order Monday officially moving Laurean’s June 28 murder trial.
Hudson acknowledged some logistical problems — a place to meet with witnesses and telephone and computer access — the venue change will present his office, but said he had received assurances from the Wayne County D.A.’s Office that his staff would be accommodated during the possibly month-long trial.
Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown said he has spoken to Wayne County Sheriff Carey Winders to discussed court security and the housing of Laurean during the trial.
McNeil, who was scheduled to begin an unrelated murder trial this week in Wayne County, injured his knee at his hotel Monday morning. That case — the first-degree murder trial of William Earl Bandy Jr. who is accused of shooting Frederick Anthony Coleman in March 2006 — was postponed.
McNeil said that although Wayne County was not one of his first choices, it is a suitable because he had sought a venue within a military community. Wayne County is home to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.
Hudson said he liked Wayne County because television news coverage for that area comes from Raleigh and not the same stations that cover Onslow County. Less than two hours after Hudson made his announcement at a 2 p.m. press conference in Onslow County, Raleigh’s WRAL-TV carried the story about the venue change on its Web site.
Hudson said regardless of the venue, Laurean will receive a fair trial.

more at http://www.jdnews.com/news/class-72157-laurean-bodycopyrag.html

Attorney for Lauren has asked for a 3 month delay due to a knee injury that has hampered his efforts to defend his client.He states if trial not delayed his clients right to a fair trial will be violated. Trial is scheduled to begin in June.
Fox8 3/30/10 4:45pm

What is he planning to do? Hop, skip and jump around the courtroom... jeez.

though an official ruling will not be made until april 12, a judge said thursday in court he expects the trial of a former camp lejeune marine accused of killing a pregnant colleague to begin as scheduled june 28. http://www.jdnews.com/articles/laurean-74576-trial-judge.html
. . .

ETA, It is really odd, but even though the quote used capital letters normally, and also I have gone back in to change to capital letters where needed, the quote keeps showing up with all lower case letters.

I have eagerly been awaiting this trial. There just has to be justice for Maria and baby Gabriel.

This trial will be televised, won't it? Seems I remember it being said that it would be. My memory is slipping!

I have eagerly been awaiting this trial. There just has to be justice for Maria and baby Gabriel.

This trial will be televised, won't it? Seems I remember it being said that it would be. My memory is slipping!

I didn't think it would be televised, but not positive. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back