1102 users online (329 members and 773 guests)  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I was able to read without a subscription. Sorry about that.
    Show your work.

From the above link:

Bridgewater Police Chief Joe Simmons said the department was contacted about 10 days ago by authorities in Fayette County, Ky.

The call was about remains found in the Kentucky River during a Lexington Fire Department training exercise in October 2016, according to Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn. The department was practicing removing cars from the river, which runs along the southeastern city limits; it is known to have abandoned vehicles in the area, according to a report by CBS affiliate WKYT.

When one of the cars was pulled to the shore, a firefighter noticed bones and called the coroner.

Investigators began searching for information about missing people on Websleuths, an online forum dedicated to unsolved crimes and missing persons. That’s where they heard about the Bridgewater trio.

The next step in the case is comparing DNA from the relatives to the DNA found at the scene.

“Now, it’s a waiting game,” Ginn said. “From what I understand, there’s a good bit of information that matches the information we’ve got here.”
    Show your work.

Quote Originally Posted by dms View Post
    From the above link:

Bridgewater Police Chief Joe Simmons said the department was contacted about 10 days ago by authorities in Fayette County, Ky.

The call was about remains found in the Kentucky River during a Lexington Fire Department training exercise in October 2016, according to Fayette County Coroner Gary Ginn. The department was practicing removing cars from the river, which runs along the southeastern city limits; it is known to have abandoned vehicles in the area, according to a report by CBS affiliate WKYT.

When one of the cars was pulled to the shore, a firefighter noticed bones and called the coroner.

Investigators began searching for information about missing people on Websleuths, an online forum dedicated to unsolved crimes and missing persons. That’s where they heard about the Bridgewater trio.

The next step in the case is comparing DNA from the relatives to the DNA found at the scene.

“Now, it’s a waiting game,” Ginn said. “From what I understand, there’s a good bit of information that matches the information we’ve got here.”

Here is the link to a Websleuths thread about the vehicle and bones that were found in the Kentucky River last year.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...y-River-Oct-16

Here is an update from a Lexington, Kentucky television station regarding the remains and vehicle that was pulled last year from the Kentucky River.

Coroner: It Could Take Years To Identify Remains Found In Kentucky River

WKYT-TV from Lexington, Kentucky is reporting that the Fayette County Coroner has expressed concerns that it could take years to identify the remains found last year in the Kentucky River if the DNA from the remains doesn’t match the DNA of the missing trio from Bridgewater, Virginia.

There is also a picture of the ferry crossing near where the remains and vehicle were pulled from the Kentucky River last year.

Source:

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Cor...453416163.html

The DNA has been collected from my mother, the maternal niece of the missing women. Without getting into the details, I don't believe there's any doubts in anyone's minds, that the remains are those of my great aunt.

I will continue to update this forum since this wouldn't be possible without you all!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3