SC - Jesus followin anime lovin pedophile

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Found this on one of those Dead Kids Of Myspace type things. I know hindsight is 20/20, but Dear Lord if someone didn't see this guy was trolling young children the whole world is blind.

William Truett Rogers of Fork, South Carolina is 29 years old and has been arrested for having sex with a 13 year old. He's up on a slew of charges including 18 counts of sexual explotation and criminal solicitation of a minor. Many of the charges have to do what the self-proclaimed "Christian" has on his computer.

After reading this dudes Blogs and looking at his anime art I felt sick. After looking at his photos on Myspace I got sick. Here we have again a guy working in the Church, substituting at school, and spending way too much time taking photographs in his room with children. Sorry for the rant, but it kills me that someone doesn't say "Yo, what's up with those writings of yours on the Blog? Why do you insist on constantly having kids laying all over you?" Again sorry it just gets me.

http://thedeadkidsofmyspace.blogspot.com/2009/10/william-truett-rogers-loves-jesus-anime.html

Good grief, he is CREEPY looking. I hope he didn't mess with his nieces!

Good Lord--You're right Filly, about hindsight. We could have spotted him from 10 miles away. The piggy back rides and the kids constant lolling about on his body are the tip off. His whole life seems to have been kid-focused for fun, fun, fun. How do your spell the word...GROOMING? He was breaking down those kids resistance and comfort levels faster than he could say "Praise the Lord". Yuck.

I've never liked Anime (the treatment of women, JMO) but I'll try not to hold that against him. It's him being stuck at about age 14 that gets me. I do like Jesus but it infuriates me that he represented himself as something he most assuredly is not. Jesus most certainly is not amused.

I hate to say it but the photo of his Dad with the little girl on his shoulders gives me the creeps too. I hope LE takes a look at him. And calling little girls "sexy"? Don't get me started.

Is the adult woman the mother of the kids? Do you think she's his sister? Did she not notice something strange? Does she not realize that nieces don't flop all over their uncles all the time? Can I go shake her? IMO, children should be cuddled and loved but they need to have their personal and sexual boundaries made very clear. Caring relatives help with this and redirect appropriately. They don't dedicate their lives to setting up the touching!!

This didn't happen in this case, I'm afraid. Just Good Lord.

What is the link between religious fanatics and pedophilia? I think it's guilt. I think these guys turn to the church as a way to serve penance for the evil they are. It's just way too coincidental, IYKWIM. Of course, this could be the wine talking.. :crazy:

What is the link between religious fanatics and pedophilia? I think it's guilt. I think these guys turn to the church as a way to serve penance for the evil they are. It's just way too coincidental, IYKWIM. Of course, this could be the wine talking.. :crazy:

I think church also allows easy access. "Oh, you'd like to work in the nursery? Fantastic!" "Oh, you have a calling to work with youth? Wonderful!" Most parents investigate day cares and schools before dropping the kids off--churches, nope. "You be good for Miss Lanna, now. I'll be back after church."

I'm glad my parents last pastor decided to institute background checks before allowing anyone to work with the kids. Granted, there are many out there w/ no records, but at least it's a start. (People were really pizzed when he started that; they felt church volunteers should be trusted. He then trotted out some examples of what "trusted" church volunteers had done elsewhere--shut them right up!)

I think church also allows easy access. "Oh, you'd like to work in the nursery? Fantastic!" "Oh, you have a calling to work with youth? Wonderful!" Most parents investigate day cares and schools before dropping the kids off--churches, nope. "You be good for Miss Lanna, now. I'll be back after church."

I'm glad my parents last pastor decided to institute background checks before allowing anyone to work with the kids. Granted, there are many out there w/ no records, but at least it's a start. (People were really pizzed when he started that; they felt church volunteers should be trusted. He then trotted out some examples of what "trusted" church volunteers had done elsewhere--shut them right up!)

Excellent post. I quit going to church years ago when I realized I could be sitting next to a murderer, ala Dennis Radar, or a pedophile. Sorry, just couldnt stomach the "holier than thou" crap any more. I've found, much to my own detriment, that "I" could trust so-called, self-professing Christians a lot less than Joe Normal who just lived a decent life with benefit of "church".

My opinion only

I wish people would wake up and realize that when many people are absolutely "ga-ga" over kids and fill their lives with everything kid-like, something might (note, I did say might) be fishy.

I fully recognize and celebrate that many lovely people are gifted with the love of children and are literally magnets for kids. However, notice how those same people are often extremely cautious about boundaries.

They are the teachers who call a parent for permission before personally driving a kid alone somewhere. They are the day care providers who point out every little bruise. They are the coaches who call a parent before taking a kid out to lunch. They're not dummies. They know that they are being watched while they do something they thoroughly enjoy. And you know what, they come across as very gracious about the whole thing.

They don't push parents or kids out of their comfort zones, they don't spring surprises on anyone, they don't immediately rush to help every single time a parent needs a favor. They don't leave us wondering what it was that we just saw...oh, it must have been nothing...oh, surely there's a good explanation. They are upstanding decent human beings who like kids.

That God for them or our schools, camps, Sunday School rooms, and sports fields would be empty. They earn our respect just as a police officer, a doctor, or a neighbor would...through their respectable actions.

I, for one, am very pleased about the uptick in background checks at churches, camps, and after-school programs. It's a start. If you've done nothing wrong, you should not feel threatened by the scrutiny. Sometimes, I think people spend more time reading reviews before they go to a movie or order a book than they do checking into a coach or a Sunday School teacher.

We only get one go round, folks. After that, we're in mop up mode.

This whole situation is just plain creepy and I hope the nieces and nephew have been talked to about what has transpired.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back