OH - Twin Drs. Mark & Scott Blankenburg for child sex crimes, Butler County, 2009

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Who would you most trust in your child's life? Who do you think you would turn to first if you found that your child had been molested? Who would you turn to if you found that your child had been abusing drugs? Many would say their pediatrician, their doctor.

Here is a pediatrician who has been charged with sexually abusing children, and giving them drugs. And not only has he been charged, his twin brother (also a pediatrician) is charged also.

A Butler County pediatrician facing child abuse charges was arrested Friday evening on sex and drug charges.

Dr. R. Scott Blankenburg in court on March 6.

Dr. Scott Blankenburg was charged with three counts of unlawful sexual contact with a minor, bribery, complicity to obtain a dangerous drug and complicity to obtain heroin.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/21869875/detail.html

How awful! AND both of them! I wonder if they chose their profession for this very reason. Remind me to ALWAYS go into the doctors office with my children even when they are older.

I've never NOT gone into the ped's office without my son. Now that he's 12, my husband takes him. He also has a female pediatrician (not that it makes much difference - but men tend to have a higher rate of being pedophiles). I just don't understand!

The only people I truly trust with my son = me and my husband. Period.

I feel so bad for the vics -- even the one in prison....how evil that these men cared only for their perversions & nothing for the patients they abused.

They will have a whole new life in prison - where their previous social status won't count so much.

I've never NOT gone into the ped's office without my son. Now that he's 12, my husband takes him. He also has a female pediatrician (not that it makes much difference - but men tend to have a higher rate of being pedophiles). I just don't understand!

The only people I truly trust with my son = me and my husband. Period.

ITA! Mine are now 18 and 21. I've never thought of this. I went in mainly to just be with my children knowing it may be uncomfortable or scary for them.

This is just terrible. That's not even the right word for it. I just cannot imagine the terror that these kids went through! Put me on the Jury!:furious:

I never let my kids go in alone either. One time a female pediatrician had me step out to question my daughter because she had some irritation and its protocol. I had no problem with that. I questioned my daughter about what she did when I left though. YOu can never be too careful.

This case sheds some much needed light on what are known as "compliant" victims. These victims suffer just as much as and sometimes more than those who are coerced or forced. Poor guys. It's not enough for a pedophile to assault your body, he's gotta fool with your brain too.

How awful! AND both of them! I wonder if they chose their profession for this very reason. Remind me to ALWAYS go into the doctors office with my children even when they are older.

I wonder how old the children they are accused of molesting are/were. There comes a point when your child may not want you in the doctor's office with them - though I am unsure when the point may be. With boys - probably around puberty.

WTH? So, who can you trust your children with? Not a priest, not a teacher and now not a doctor. What really got me about this story is that the doctors that are charged are also twins !! Twin pediatric pedophiles......I give up. I seriously do not know what this world is coming to.

Ohio doctor sentenced to 21 years-plus in sex case

The Associated Press

HAMILTON, Ohio - An Ohio pediatrician convicted of sex crimes involving former patients, money laundering and drug charges has been sentenced to 21 to 27 years in prison.

Fifty-four-year-old Mark Blankenburg, of Hamilton, was sentenced Friday.

A jury convicted him of gross sexual imposition, corruption of a minor and compelling prostitution. During his trial, four men testified the doctor molested or performed sex acts on them when they were teenagers.

A Butler County judge later convicted Blankenburg of drug trafficking and money laundering. Prosecutors say Blankenburg gave patients money and prescription drugs to keep them quiet about the molestation.

Blankenburg's twin brother, Scott, also is a pediatrician and is awaiting trial on similar allegations.

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/...hiodoctorsentencedto21yearsplusinsexcase.html

Ohio doctor sentenced to 21 years-plus in sex case

The Associated Press

HAMILTON, Ohio - An Ohio pediatrician convicted of sex crimes involving former patients, money laundering and drug charges has been sentenced to 21 to 27 years in prison.

Fifty-four-year-old Mark Blankenburg, of Hamilton, was sentenced Friday.

A jury convicted him of gross sexual imposition, corruption of a minor and compelling prostitution. During his trial, four men testified the doctor molested or performed sex acts on them when they were teenagers.

A Butler County judge later convicted Blankenburg of drug trafficking and money laundering. Prosecutors say Blankenburg gave patients money and prescription drugs to keep them quiet about the molestation.

Blankenburg's twin brother, Scott, also is a pediatrician and is awaiting trial on similar allegations.

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/...hiodoctorsentencedto21yearsplusinsexcase.html

Until the punishment fits the crime (i.e. 21 to 27 years for EACH sexual offense, with years tacked on for everything else also), there isn't a real incentive for someone to NOT commit these crimes. They get out early and are placed in a private cell for THEIR protection.

There also has to be a truth in sentancing stance, where EVERY day that is given, is served. No time off for "good behavior". Of course pedophiles are good in prison. TThere are no potential children victims there!

This doctor and his twin brother are disgusting excuses for human beings.

So he'll be 75 when he gets out? And what did we hear about the 100 year old who was getting out and rarin' to go? I would accept the sentence IF the brothers submitted to constant psychological testing and scrutiny. It would be a real bummer if some of the testing was a little uncomfortable.

But didn't they dedicate their lives to science, after all? This would let them make good on that oath.

So he'll be 75 when he gets out? And what did we hear about the 100 year old who was getting out and rarin' to go? I would accept the sentence IF the brothers submitted to constant psychological testing and scrutiny. It would be a real bummer if some of the testing was a little uncomfortable.

But didn't they dedicate their lives to science, after all? This would let them make good on that oath.

well they also took an oath not to hurt theyre patients. :waitasec:

Ohio Doctor Pleads To Sexual Conduct With Minor

Associated Press
Published: January 14, 2010

HAMILTON, Ohio—An Ohio pediatrician has pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual conduct with a minor and six other charges and must serve 13 years in prison.

Fifty-four-year-old Scott Blankenburg also pleaded guilty Thursday to compelling prostitution, illegal use of a minor in a nudity-oriented material or performance, pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor, complicity to obtain a dangerous drug and two counts of bribery.

He agreed to the 13-year term in a deal made with prosecutors in exchange for his pleas.

more here

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/stat...or_pleads_to_sexual_conduct_with_minor/29981/

Ohio Doctor Pleads To Sexual Conduct With Minor

Associated Press
Published: January 14, 2010

HAMILTON, Ohio—An Ohio pediatrician has pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual conduct with a minor and six other charges and must serve 13 years in prison.

Fifty-four-year-old Scott Blankenburg also pleaded guilty Thursday to compelling prostitution, illegal use of a minor in a nudity-oriented material or performance, pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor, complicity to obtain a dangerous drug and two counts of bribery.

He agreed to the 13-year term in a deal made with prosecutors in exchange for his pleas.

more here

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/stat...or_pleads_to_sexual_conduct_with_minor/29981/

well its better then the 60 days the guy in oregon got.
lets hope he serves the full term.

I just moved away from the cities where these crimes occurred, Hamilton/Fairfield. I did actually call one of these peds when I was pregnant with my son, but luckily, he didn't meet with new parents, so I didn't go with him (thank goodness). However, at the time they were arrested, I was working at one of the hospitals, on the OB floor where they went to see new babies. I can tell you that both of these drs were as creepy in person as they appeared in pictures/video on the internet, in papers, etc. To my knowledge, all of the victims were low income/Medicaid patients. They definitely knew how to take advantage of these boys and their families. These men sicken me. I wish that neither of them would ever see the free world again, but I'm glad they'll be out of that area for a good while.

Convicted pediatrician Blankenburg closes up shop

HAMILTON — Dr. R. Scott Blankenburg’s last days of freedom before serving 13 years in prison are being spent dissolving the once-thriving pediatrics practice he shared with his twin brother, Mark, who is already behind bars.

Last week, Scott Blankenburg, who practiced on Nilles Road in Fairfield, pleaded guilty to compelling prostitution, two counts of bribery, pandering sexually-oriented material involving a minor, illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material, two counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and complicity to deception to obtain a dangerous drug. One of the charges involved a former patient.

Jack Garretson, Scott’s defense attorney, estimated the practice shared by the 54-year-old identical twins once had as many as 6,000 patients. In the past year, when both were indicted, that practice has not been fully functional, the attorney said.

“We have passed out hundreds of files to patients in the last year,” Garretson said. But he noted Scott Blankenburg still has about 2,000 patient files from each practice.

The attorney said he is currently in negotiations with an area medical practice to take over stewardship of patients who do not seek out another doctor on their own.

Garretson said the Blankenburgs have been vilified :violin: but “the truth is both were good doctors.”

“They did some very wrong things, but they really care about these patients,” Garretson said.

more here

http://www.journal-news.com/news/crime/convicted-pediatrician-blankenburg-closes-up-shop-508652.html

I'm.just.flabbergasted.

Yeah - they care about patients -- in their own sick & twisted way.

Where did my box of tissues go? But they were fine men, really good doctors....when they weren't raping and assaulting little boys and teens. Fine men. I'm sure they're thinking of their patients as we write this. Now I really need the tissues.

So, Scott will be out in 13 and can get the business up and running by the time his twin is released. Being that we know that in many states, Tennessee for instance, being a known pedophile is no reason that you shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine. No reason at all. The two factors are totally disconnected.

I'd like to know what the Ohio Medical Board and the other doctors in the area knew about these creeps. Were they jokingly referred to as the Pedo-twins? Did the Medical Board cover for them? Are the victims going to own the medical building they practiced in?

Remember how the Southern Poverty Law Center was successful in seizing real estate assets of those convicted of hate crimes? Wouldn't that be something to consider for victims of rape by a person in authority. Karma at its finest.

Pleas expected in *advertiser censored* cases against Blankenburg
Former pediatrician serving prison term for molesting patients returns to court today.

By Lauren Pack, Staff Writer Updated 9:36 AM Thursday, April 22, 2010

HAMILTON — A former Hamilton pediatrician convicted of molesting three former patients and paying them in drugs and cash to keep quiet is set to return to court today, April 22, to plead to 12 child *advertiser censored* charges remaining against him, according to court records.

A “plea or trial setting” has been scheduled for 2:30 p.m. for Mark Blankenburg before Butler County Common Pleas Court Judge Keith Spaeth, according to the county clerk of courts website.

Blankenburg’s trial on 12 charges involving alleged child *advertiser censored* is to begin May 24, so it seems likely pleas will be entered.

Butler County Prosecutor Robin Piper confirmed that pleas are expected to be entered, “but you never know until it happens.”

more here

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...nsored*-cases-against-blankenburg-665973.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back