Daughter of Billy Joel/Christie Brinkley - suicide attempt

Awwww. If this is true, I sure hope she finds the help she needs to move forward in a healthy, positive way.

Hopefully her totally self-absorbed mother and father will wake up and be better parents to Alexa.

On no. This young lady is fiercely talented. How very sad. I saw her do an interview about her new music and how different it is from her past work. She went into her breakup with her boyfriend and how it influenced her new work.

Bless this young girl. Prayers going up for Alexa. Beautiful girl.

This breaks my heart. I watched an interview with her a few years back and I really thought she was a doll.

I am happy that she is now going to be able to get the help she needs. I'm praying for you, Alexa!

hmm according to Perez Hilton .. Billy joel didnt go to the hospital to be with his daughter.. he said it would have become a circus so he statyed away. ..

NOt sure I am buying that excuse.. no matter what I would be there as fast as humanly possible and frankly if this was as reported this is a woman who needs her family most ( and some medical/behavioral help) now.. not some lame excuse as to why her parent couldn't be there.
Thankfully the same was not true of her mother.. Christie Brinkley arrived quicklyafter her daughter and stayed with her daughter.

Her Father talked about some depression he had in his 20s, so perhaps it is hereditary. I never suffered from depression but you couldn't pay me to re-live my early 20s....it's a wonder any of us survive.

All my prayers to her and her family.

hmm according to Perez Hilton .. Billy joel didnt go to the hospital to be with his daughter.. he said it would have become a circus so he statyed away. ..

NOt sure I am buying that excuse.. no matter what I would be there as fast as humanly possible and frankly if this was as reported this is a woman who needs her family most ( and some medical/behavioral help) now.. not some lame excuse as to why her parent couldn't be there.
Thankfully the same was not true of her mother.. Christie Brinkley arrived quicklyafter her daughter and stayed with her daughter.

Perez also has said horribly hurtful things about Alexa in his blog, like comparing her looks to her mother. He has done this with other celeb children like Bruce and Demi's daughter. I hope he does a bit of reflection also and see that his nastiness along with other circumstances may have contributed to this young womans depression.:banghead:

I did hear this morning on the NY news that fortunately, she took some sort of herbal pill and was never in danger of losing her life. I do hope she gets the help and support she needs to get over this bump in the road.

Perez also has said horribly hurtful things about Alexa in his blog, like comparing her looks to her mother. He has done this with other celeb children like Bruce and Demi's daughter. I hope he does a bit of reflection also and see that his nastiness along with other circumstances may have contributed to this young womans depression.:banghead:

Perez Hilton needs to take a long look at himself in the mirror before knocking anyone else's looks.

Awww, this is so sad- I hope she gets the help that every depressed person needs. Depression runs in my family, and I have had serious bouts myself. I read the linked article and was disgusted at some of the reader comments, saying things like (sarcastic) "Poor little RICH girl" and "Too bad she got Dad's looks." Jeez!!! WHY are some people so cruel?? I'll never understand it. Alexa is a beautiful young lady, and money does not guarantee happiness for anyone. And yeah, I despise how Perez Hilton acts all sympathetic when it suits him- like the snarky comments he made beforehand never existed. He is such a poser... I understand that celebrities often ask for negative attention thru their stupid deeds, and Perez can be funny, but a depressed 23-year-old CHILD should be off-limits. CRUEL, CRUEL, CRUEL. I hope he gets the karma coming to him...:waitasec:

How does someone try suicide with a homeopathic medicine??? I am SOOO confused. She has not had much luck in love apparently, just from her own comments.

http://www.traumeel.com/Traumeel_com_Home.homotox

Some homeopathic medicine in large quantities can actually kill you. That said, I think this was more a distress cry than an honest-to-God attempt at taking her own life.

She was depressed and took a bunch of that sleeping stuff and was probably overwrought and dramatic and felt like she was having trouble breathing. IMHO.

In any event, all my prayers to her.

This link said she cancelled for her performance at the tree lighting ceremony in New York for Thursday. There's actually a poll on this thing asking if she should have canceled. I thought that if it is determined someone did try and commit suicide they are 302'd. Commited involuntarily. I'm not certain, but one would think this lovely young lady would be getting help.

As for her looks and that Perez fool......first of all nobody on the planet looks like Cristie Brinkley. Secondly, Alexa is gorgeous. Some of these photographs don't do her justice. We saw her in person at a show awhile back up in NY and she's stunning. No, not blonde and blue eyed, but her skin and teeth are perfect. She's really lovely and talented. Wishing her all good things for now on.

I ache for her...and I'd like to respectfully ask that the title of the thread be changed....I've been there, and it's so heartbreaking. I don't want her to google her name after all of this and find this thread...Maybe OD rather than suicide? I'm so sad for her. Just want to hug her.

Actually, I know there's going to be a million places on the web with it...nevermind. I apologize!

I hope she gets the help she needs.

I hope she gets the help she needs.

Me too - even something like this that might not seem, for total lack of a better word, "serious" should be taken seriously. There is despair in this beautiful young woman's life and I hope she can find her way towards light.

This is so sad to hear. Depression is one of the most difficult illnesses to deal with. Medication is extremely important. I hope that Alexa gets the help that she needs so that she can have peace of mind in her life. There is always light after the darkness. I wish her well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back