IL IL - Park Forest, WhtMale 1500UMIL, 50-60, Zippo Lighter w/Polish Flag, Oct'08

Venom Goose

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1779.html

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1779

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on October 9, 2008 in Park Forest, Will County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: 3.5 Months
State of Remains: Mummified

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 50-60 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair.
Skeletal Findings: Ante mortem fractures all healed, four right ribs, three left ribs, rignt clavicle, both sides of nose. Slight scoliosis.
Other: The deceased was a smoker and had a lighter with a Polish flag on it.
Clothing: Route 66 Khaki pants, brown, size 34/32; short sleeve button down blue and white stripped shirt; State street brand brown loafers, size 13.
Fingerprints: One thumb and one index finger print were obtained.
Dentals: Dental work is consisitent with Eastern European dentistry. Full forensic dental description, photographs and x-rays available. Teeth 2-13 is a fixed partial denture made of porcelain and semi precious metal; number 3,5,7,10,12 are removed and replaced with a bridge; numbers 2,4,6,8,9, 11, and 13 are all restored and form part of the bridge.
DNA: Sample available - not yet submitted.
Case History
The victim was found in a forest preserve several hundred yards from the roadway at 23450 Western Avenue, in Park Forest, Illinois on October 9, 2008.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Gene Sullivan
Will County Coroner
815-727-8455
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
08-0354
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NamUs

With the Skeletal Findings, he may have been a boxer of some sort?

Namus ID 5263
50-60 year old white male found 10-9-2008 in Will Co. IL
Ruled out: Jay Clark, missing from TX.
Ruled out: Michael Cloer, missing from SC.
Ruled out: Riley Hunter, missing from CO.
Ruled out: Elliott Rountree, missing from GA.
Ruled out: Raymond Shore, missing from AZ.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Ruled Out Confirmed Rule Outs

Please search by date, since I made a typo and listed him in Wills Co. IA, not IL.
Decent list of rule outs.

I don't read, write or speak Polish, but this is the Chicago Polish paper. (Also the oldest polish paper in the country).
I wonder if there was ever a news article about this john doe in this paper. Anyone know how to search it? Anyone able to make contact with the paper to see if they will run an article in Polish about this john doe?

http://www.polishdailynews.com/

If he was undocumented perhaps someone would not list him as missing.

Maybe this is a silly question/observation but...

I'm a bit interested in these shoes. It lists them as a size 13... Were his remains consistent with this? I'm curious because his approx. height is listed as 5ft 5" .. in my lifetime, I've not seen many men of that stature with that large of a shoe size. Call me an oddball if you like, but I thought that I would throw that out there.

It could be if he was homeless, he was wearing shoes too large for his feet.

That Doe link puts him at 75", or 6'3". That's more in line with a size 13 shoe!

Found a link to a Poland missing persons site which allows for a search for persons missing abroad. Still exploring the site.
Possible:

http://en.zaginieni.pl/missing-and-unidentified-people-database?type=2&imie=&nazwisko=&plec=M&wzrostOd=&wzrostDo=&kolorOczu=&wiek=&wiekOd=&wiekDo=&ostMiejsce=&woj=%28poza+granicami+Polski%29&x=51&y=26&Itemid=2&option=com_content&view=article&id=2&pageNumber=4&id_o=03731393030323

I see some resemblence on the above. Dates are a bit off - 5 years. The MP has more hair, but whose to say how much hair loss may occur in 5 years. Ht within 3" ( based on cm to inches converter). The MP also appears to possibly have a similiar skull fusion on the top of the head in comparsion to the recon.

Link to main page:

http://en.zaginieni.pl/missing-and-unidentified-people-database

There is also an address at the above link to email if one is trying to identify someone. I have sent an email to the address at the link with this UID's NamUs and DoeNetwork links and necessary information requested by the site.

There are two locations for Joe and Franks Famous Homemade Sausage. One is in Chicago and the other is Oak Lawn, IL. Chicago is about an hours drive north..depending on traffic. And Oak Lawn is about 20 minutes northwest. Oak Lawn has a rather large polish community.

I live very close to where this body was found and this isn't the first body to be found in this forest preserve. I do think the location is really odd but it didn't surprise me.

Found a link to a Poland missing persons site which allows for a search for persons missing abroad. Still exploring the site.
Possible:

http://en.zaginieni.pl/missing-and-unidentified-people-database?type=2&imie=&nazwisko=&plec=M&wzrostOd=&wzrostDo=&kolorOczu=&wiek=&wiekOd=&wiekDo=&ostMiejsce=&woj=%28poza+granicami+Polski%29&x=51&y=26&Itemid=2&option=com_content&view=article&id=2&pageNumber=4&id_o=03731393030323

I see some resemblence on the above. Dates are a bit off - 5 years. The MP has more hair, but whose to say how much hair loss may occur in 5 years. Ht within 3" ( based on cm to inches converter). The MP also appears to possibly have a similiar skull fusion on the top of the head in comparsion to the recon.

Link to main page:

http://en.zaginieni.pl/missing-and-unidentified-people-database

There is also an address at the above link to email if one is trying to identify someone. I have sent an email to the address at the link with this UID's NamUs and DoeNetwork links and necessary information requested by the site.

Sorry to quote myself. I have received a reply email from the above organization/site indicating they do have a possible match, initials PK (I did not ask for permission to share the mans name so I will just add the initials) and they are working with both family and LE to determine if there is a match.

I'm glad I was able to find the site, that this organization in Poland was able to find a possible match and that LE/ME in Will County is now aware of this missing persons site in Poland. I don't believe they (LE/ME) would have been aware of them without a group of volunteers such as ourselves being able to research this info and pass along.

Even if it is not a match at least this organization in Poland is aware of this UID.

good work Cubby. if only we could find MP sites for other Europeans.

I think we will eventually find more. Perhaps I should email the above linked organization and ask if she knows of any additional European MP sites, similiar to hers, she can send me links to as she has time. I had imamaze add the one from Poland to the WS resource center, so if we found more I could request she add them there.... I think I will go ahead and send out that email request letting her know of the resource center here at WS where we could add them. I will do that shortly.

This is the kinda thing that bothers me and if we suddenly come up with a way to all be chiped like fish are now adays .and when we die we go through a scanner and it says oh heres harry dick from the north pole...then we will have no need for a namus or the unidentified but u ever think one reason why we find it so amazing why u can have details and suck tatoos and in some cases a pic yet no one claimes him/her i bet that if you looked closser to where he /she was found you would get better results..cause i dont smoke ok but sometimes i buy lighters that flat out look cool could be polish /canadian could be russian..same with clothing maybe that brand just fits better on this guy..dont know if you all noticed but thier aint nothing made in america or canada no more the only thing u will find here genuinly made in canada are too things a leafs jersey and a had made of beaver fur...maybe this guy is a massive fan soccor ..and just loves poland ..now for all i know he is poland im just sayin we should start out a thread saying man found prolly from poland just because of his zipo and his pants...and teeth differ all over the world ...

CanManEh if you look at the information in the opening post the medical examiner was able to determine the UID's dental work is consistent with Eastern European dentistry. They didn't just decide he was possibly from Poland based on the lighter.

Also, the NamUs link currently has 18 or so rule outs so they are not excluding possible matches based on place of birth or state of resident. The rule out list includes mp's from all over.

I do agree with you on the perplexity of why UID's with tat's remain unidentified.

Regardless of where he is from, I pray he is identified because every person, regardless of circumstances, deserves to be id'd.

So your telling me no one has ever moved ..could a polish dentist not have come to this mans state.

No, just that the dental work found on the UID is consistent with that which is done and practised in Eastern Europe just as the info on doenet stated. I'm not an expert but I would assume those who examined this UID would be familiar with dental work done within the US and outside of the US as it is something we'd seen listed as an identifier for various UID's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back