Terry NOW And her book

kbl8201

Former Member
Reaction score
Terry is writing a book that is due out next spring.
im curious to opinions here. will you buy it? what do you think the title will be? will Jaycee do the foreward as was hinted at in people magazine? will this book be fully from terry's perspective?

thoughts? opinions?

Terry is writing a book that is due out next spring.
im curious to opinions here. will you buy it? what do you think the title will be? will Jaycee do the foreward as was hinted at in people magazine? will this book be fully from terry's perspective?

thoughts? opinions?

I'm guessing it will be about Terry's feelings when she found out Jaycee was missing, the search effort, and how she felt what Jaycee was found. I'll probably buy it.

I do not think anyone can imagine the last 18 years for Terry. I think it would be an interesting read.
I sure do hope that it will help JCs case...I am sure it will show how many people got hurt by JC's abduction.
Terry's marriage, Shayna, lost out on living with 2 parents.

But I am sure it will tell us about the many things she endured and how she never gave up hope. :)
And I would buy it for sure.
Titled:
A Mothers Love - the JC story.

I will be buying and reading this book for sure. This is just such a rare and fascinating story that has a happy ending.

KBL maybe you can change the name of the thread.
to: Terry Now & Her book.

I find myself wondering how she is really doing often.
I rather talk about her then the low lives for a while.
The case is still far away, and I am sure we will eventually have to talk about the low lives.

I do wonder how Terry is doing now, she sure had to make some quick adjustments.
While her heart must be healing and rejoicing...She sure has a lot to adjust to...A lot to overcome too.
Here are 3 young women she did not know; (she knew JC as a child only) with personalities and stories to tell, issues to work out, and schedules to juggle. Some will make her laugh, and some will make her cry. But at the end of the day it can not be easy.
I am sure she'd rather have this challenge then the one she had for 18 years....but I do wonder how Terry is doing....
I want to send her ((((( big hugs, and kisses ))))).

The case is still far away, and I am sure we will eventually have to talk about the low lives.

I do wonder how Terry is doing now, she sure had to make some quick adjustments.
While her heart must be healing and rejoicing...She sure has a lot to adjust to...A lot to overcome too.
Here are 3 young women she did not know; (she knew JC as a child only) with personalities and stories to tell, issues to work out, and schedules to juggle. Some will make her laugh, and some will make her cry. But at the end of the day it can not be easy.
I am sure she'd rather have this challenge then the one she had for 18 years....but I do wonder how Terry is doing....

just a thought but i think we will find out hows she's doing when the book comes out lol.
no doobt she will describe all the emotions and diffrent things going on (without getting too much into personal stuff)>

an intresting tidbit about terry and shayna in the months before jaycee was found.
some of you might have already read or it was posted here but i think, it bears another thought.
im mid-may terry bought a new house in riverside (where they were already living.) so besides the emotinal shock of getting jaycee back, they also had to move again, back to northern carlifornia (somewhere). it almost parallels the fact that they were quite new to s. Lake tahoe (9 months) when Jaycee was kidnapped. its like that old saying 'life is what happens when your making other plans' i guess.

As rough of an adjustment as it's been for Terry, I'm sure it's minor when compared to the feeling of not knowing what happened to her daughter for 18 long years. The not knowing what happened is the hardest thing for the families of missing children and they're relieved even if it's just their child's body that's found because they get closure.

As rough of an adjustment as it's been for Terry, I'm sure it's minor when compared to the feeling of not knowing what happened to her daughter for 18 long years. The not knowing what happened is the hardest thing for the families of missing children and they're relieved even if it's just their child's body that's found because they get closure.
you are right... so this is like another life.
There is an entire other life Prior to JC's Rescue.
And then there is after, JC s Rescue, and it is like another chance at life, only it is totally altered :) it gives her a ready made family and a chance to recreate a family and now they can be all together.
Carl is still around I think it is great that Terry has a friend.

i imagine terry would have given anything to hear those words she heard august 26th 'we have jaycee, she's safe' in the previous 18 years befroe that day. yes there are surely issues for all of them and will be, going forward. but there is a video of terry in 1995 in which she says she feels incomplete without jaycee with her. now that void has long last been filled.....as a family together, that gives hope for all of them.

I think TERRI would also be keeping a diary of how her life has changed since JC came home
with her "2 babies" as she called them. I wonder if there will be 2 books One about the
18 years and the other about her new family.

I wonder how she is doing today it has been a little over 3 months now since her life has changed.
I wonder if she had disguised one at a time and gone to the mall with one at a time, and a
body guard.
I wonder if they had ever been to a restaurant? also one at a time disguised of course.
and I also wonder if JC was able to take out some photos from that house so that she can
include someday when she is ready to write a book too.
Just wondering....
Anybody wonder about other things ?????

I think TERRI would also be keeping a diary of how her life has changed since JC came home
with her "2 babies" as she called them. I wonder if there will be 2 books One about the
18 years and the other about her new family.

I wonder how she is doing today it has been a little over 3 months now since her life has changed.
I wonder if she had disguised one at a time and gone to the mall with one at a time, and a
body guard.
I wonder if they had ever been to a restaurant? also one at a time disguised of course.
and I also wonder if JC was able to take out some photos from that house so that she can
include someday when she is ready to write a book too.
Just wondering....
Anybody wonder about other things ?????

with christmas coming i wonder how they'll handle it in regards to jaycee's girls.
jaycee hasnt celebrated christmas since 1990, but she remembers it.
the girls have never had a christmas, on top of garridos warped vision of god and jesus being shoved down tehre throats.

Do we actually know they didn't celebrate Christmas? With Phil's belief that Christ is in constant contact with him, that might be the one holiday they did celebrate, just maybe different than others celebrate it. Perhaps the gifts were hand made, like drawings or something.

Also apparently there were pictures in the house of Jaycee, and perhaps the girls. I remember one news site saying they removed them for some reason. I can see if I can find it.

As far as going out, it appears Phil and Nancy took the girls places and just left Jaycee behind. There are pictures on one of the threads, pixeled out of course. After all, no one was looking for the girls.

I think Terri's book will be interesting.

Do we actually know they didn't celebrate Christmas? With Phil's belief that Christ is in constant contact with him, that might be the one holiday they did celebrate, just maybe different than others celebrate it. Perhaps the gifts were hand made, like drawings or something.

Also apparently there were pictures in the house of Jaycee, and perhaps the girls. I remember one news site saying they removed them for some reason. I can see if I can find it.

As far as going out, it appears Phil and Nancy took the girls places and just left Jaycee behind. There are pictures on one of the threads, pixeled out of course. After all, no one was looking for the girls.

what song meant was if the girls have been out since they were rescued.
garrido and his wife are jehovas witnesses and they dont celebrate holidays, even one for jesus.

Do we actually know they didn't celebrate Christmas? we have no idea, they may have had their Christmas tree and whatever religion he offered. but they did not have the kind of Holiday they will have this year :)

With Phil's belief that Christ is in constant contact with him, that might be the one holiday they did celebrate, just maybe different than others celebrate it. Perhaps the gifts were hand made, like drawings or something.

As far as going out, it appears Phil and Nancy took the girls places and just left Jaycee behind. There are pictures on one of the threads, pixeled out of course. After all, no one was looking for the girls. yes that was not of JC with her girls and we are not interested in the Garridos in this thread at all, this is about Terri and her family.

ME too I cant wait to read it. :beats:

Oh I misunderstood that part.

No they were not Jehovah's Witnesses. The article said she was raised as one it did not say she was one. And I don't think his religion was ever mentioned, just that his spouting about Jesus. acting all religious and such, and her background may have drawn her to him. It was merely a comment made by the reporter and not based on fact, just his speculation.

You are not born into that faith. You have to make it your own. She apparently didn't.

*dang my smiley's are still missing :( *

with christmas coming i wonder how they'll handle it in regards to jaycee's girls.
jaycee hasnt celebrated christmas since 1990, but she remembers it.
the girls have never had a christmas, on top of garridos warped vision of god and jesus being shoved down tehre throats.
What we do not know at all is where they are in their healing process.
Religion is definitely one of the things that is embedded and has to be handled very gingerly, as to not make the girls dig their heals in the ground and refuse whatever Terry's religion may be....
So making a big Christmas may not be the case here, for this year...we do not know, and we will not know.
BUT what we can assume is that Terry will share her Holiday with her family but may not make a huge deal of it YET.
I am sure she has advisers who will help her in that decision.
They will see a tree, gifts for everyone...How many gift, how many decorations, how many dinners we do not know.
MAYBE just very basic this year.
What is important is that it is a milestone for Terry and JC their first Christmas together again.

This thread is not to discuss religion or the G's
it is a TERRY only thread.
So unless it is Terry saying something about them I pray not to see them on this thread at all.

What we do not know at all is where they are in their healing process.
Religion is definitely one of the things that is embedded and has to be handled very gingerly, as to not make the girls dig their heals in the ground and refuse whatever Terry's religion may be....
So making a big Christmas may not be the case here, for this year...we do not know, and we will not know.
BUT what we can assume is that Terry will share her Holiday with her family but may not make a huge deal of it YET.
I am sure she has advisers who will help her in that decision.
They will see a tree, gifts for everyone...How many gift, how many decorations, how many dinners we do not know.
MAYBE just very basic this year.
What is important is that it is a milestone for Terry and JC their first Christmas together again.

yes its really special for jaycee and terry. but how to incorporate that without the girls feeling left out to me is the delicate issue....

i only brought up christmas cause i feel its important for terry and all of them. didnt mean to start a religion discussion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back