CA CA - Lassen County, WhtFem 378UFCA, 35-45, Near Poison Lake, Jun'95

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been working on this case and have come up with a possible match.

378UFCA - Lassen County CA - White Female Over 18. Most likely 35 - 45 years old.

378UFCA.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/378ufca.html

Jennifer C. Gordon
gordon_jennifer.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gordon_jennifer.html

Consistencies:

• Height - UID about 5'0, J. Gordon 5'1
  • Timeframe - UID Est. Death Date Jun94 to Mar95, J. Gordon - Disappeared Oct94
  • Ethnicity - UID Caucasion w/possible ethnic mix, J. Gordon - unusual caucasion appearance
  • Facial Features - UID - Protruding Ears, "Distinctive" nose, Almond Eyes, straight teeth
    J. Gordon - large nose, possibly prodruding ears, prominent eyes, Teeth unsure - but no apparent overbite
Inconsistencies:

J. Gordon's age is somewhat below the estimated age range (although not entirely inconsistent). Location of remains is approx 350 miles from Santa Rosa CA. Her HIV positive status and history of crack cocaine usage would seem somewhat inconsistent with the wilderness area in which she was found. Not inconsistent if she was a murder victim, but inconsistent if she wandered off and died of her health conditions. (UID's cause of death is undetermined)

Any comments or other possible matches?

I wonder if Jennifer has dentals on file? The picture sure seems to match the description of the Doe. The nose and eyes and even the ears.

I wonder how the ME could tell that the Doe had protruding ears, if only skeletal remains were available?

I think it is worth submitting, or at least calling LE to see if additional information is available that could rule Jennifer in or out.

Good work!

Salem

I wonder how the ME could tell that the Doe had protruding ears, if only skeletal remains were available?

The ears and nose consist primarily of cartilage. Aside from bone, Cartilage and other connective tissue are normally the last parts of the body to decompose.

Thank you CarlK - and are you going to submit this possible match? I think you should....

Salem

Thank you CarlK - and are you going to submit this possible match? I think you should....

Salem

Thanks, Salem. I will call it in tomorrow, and I will keep everyone posted on the response.

I left a message with the Lassen County Sheriff's office this morning, but he didn't return my call. Maybe I'll hear from him next week.

The Lassen County Sheriff didn't return my call. So I tried leaving a message with the Sonoma County Sheriff. Maybe I will get a better response from the missing persons side of the equation.

The Sonoma County Sherriff returned my call, and indicated that Jennifer Gordon's DNA has been submitted into the NCIC database. He said that if there was a match, it would have been determined automatically.

The NCMA profile for the UID indicates "DNA Available: Y".

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401813S

Am I to presume that this means that it was submitted to the NCIC DNA database?

The Sonoma County Sherriff returnied my call, and indicated that Jennifer Gordon's DNA has been submitted into the NCIC database. He said that if there was a match, it would have been determined automatically.

The NCIC profile for the UID indicates "DNA Available: Y".

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200401813S

Am I to presume that this means that it was submitted to the NCIC DNA database?

I hope someone out there answers this, because I have asked the same questions.? And your match looks awful good to me. A petite woman with a larger type nose is a good catch! They don't often go hand in hand.

The Lassen County Sheriff e-mailed me back and said that the DNA on the UID was entered in CODIS. So I guess that means no match.

I suppose it also means that we should not be bothering with possible matches where both the MP and UID indicate "DNA available" or "DNA entered in CODIS".

you could also note to the ME that Jennifer had a large hump in her back, as indicated in her profile - I would think this would be caused by spinal curvature, which an ME could determine by analyzing the bones, assuming that they have her back/spinal column. I didn't read the whole UID profile - did they find a complete skeleton?

I could not find this one in NAMUS, but I found a very similar one that was found on June 21, 1995 in San Bernadino County. I don't know CA geography so I don't know if that's anywhere near Lassen. Could this be her NAMUS profile and the dates are off?

https://identifyus.org/cases/2531

I could not find this one in NAMUS, but I found a very similar one that was found on June 21, 1995 in San Bernadino County. I don't know CA geography so I don't know if that's anywhere near Lassen. Could this be her NAMUS profile and the dates are off?

San Bernadino County is the region of mostly desert between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Lassen County is in the northeast corner of California near the Oregon border. They are about 600 miles apart. I doubt that NamUs confused the two.

you could also note to the ME that Jennifer had a large hump in her back, as indicated in her profile - I would think this would be caused by spinal curvature, which an ME could determine by analyzing the bones, assuming that they have her back/spinal column. I didn't read the whole UID profile - did they find a complete skeleton?

As for the "hump" on her back, I got the impression that it was some sort of infection or tumor related to her HIV condition, as opposed to a spinal deformity. The Doe Network profile indicates that only "the skeletal remains of a female skull and small limb bones" were found, so I doubt that any spinal deformity would be determined from what they recovered.

Estimated age: Over 18. Most likely 35 - 45 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0" or less; weight unknown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Although positively identified as white, she could have been of Hispanic descent or possibly of mixed ethnic heritage. Hair and eye color unknown. Protruding ears and a distinctive nose framed by large, almond-shaped eyes. She probably wore her hair long to hide her ears.
Dentals: Available. Straight teeth, very good teeth no chips.

Case History
On June 14, 1995, the skeletal remains of a female skull and small limb bones were discovered south of the Poison Lake area in Lassen County, California. The remains were located 1 1/2 miles south of highway 44 at a logging site. Cause of death was undetermined.
The age was estimated using dental eruptions and suture closure suggesting someone over 18 years. The most likely age range is 35-45 years old. She would have been petite, standing barely 5 feet tall.

378UFCA.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/378ufca.html

Map:

Poison Lake, Lassen, CA - Google Maps

Highway 44 is often used as a means between Oregon and northern California to go to Susanville, CA and even Reno, Nevada. Please bear that in mind because our girl might have been taken there while a perp was en route to one of those other places.

Last year, around this time I submitted Arisoneide Gosselin to Lassen County as a potential match. Never heard back from them. Therefore I have just now submitted the potential match to Turlock Police. I'll keep you updated.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back