In her shoes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFW

Reaction score
I realize everyone reacts differently to tragedy and loss. I've always been one to try and put myself in someone else's shoes and try and figure out how I would react in their position.

Obviously, there has been many discussions as to how KC reacted and the how this would differ from any "normal" mother. Much of her guilt is present simply through her actions and reactions.

I thought it would be interesting to see how others feel they would react in her position - with the assumption she is innnocent (I know that is hard!).

I have four kids, so I would in some cases react differently than a parent with one child (because my other children would still need me). But assuming I had one child and I lost her, here is my best guess as to how I would respond to various situations:

** For some reason, I have waited 30 days to report my daughter missing, I'm finally on the phone with the police getting help - I would cry, fall to my knees, no one would probably understand a word I said. My daughter is gone

** LE and everyone is pointing the finger at me. Maybe I'm Schizophrenic, maybe im a psycopath with amnesia. I would question my own innocence and sanity. My daughter is gone

** Do I get an attorney? No, those that have the most chance of finding my daughter are right in front of me. My daughter is gone

** Will I take a lie detector test? I would test cyanide if I thought it would help. My daughter is gone

** I'm in jail, I have some money on my books. Would I buy snackes? I would donate it to any charity or cause that could help in the search. My daughter is gone

** My brother is visiting me. Do I speak in code? Why would I? My daughter is gone

** My parents are here. Do I complain about my situation? NO. My daughter is gone

** Someone tells a joke. Something good happens to me. I would not smile nor laugh again. My daughter is gone

** The state persues the death penalty. Kill me now. My daughter is gone

Well, I am the mother of only one child, a daughter.

But, I know I could never make it past 30 minutes with my daughter 'missing'/'abducted' and not calling the authorities, let alone 31 days!

If one of my 3 children were missing for 1 minute...I would be hysterical!
The 31 days...is the clincher....how will Jose ever explain this? "Ugly Coping" is a joke

If one of my 3 children were missing for 1 minute...I would be hysterical!
The 31 days...is the clincher....how will Jose ever explain this? "Ugly Coping" is a joke

The only way to explain it in my opinion is a movie type of defense. "If you contact the police we will know..."

The issues with this, and there are many, that the kidnappers are asking for something which even KC has not stated. Additionally, even if this were the case nothing would explain her actions during those 31 days.

My cat once got out of the window and I was crying hysterically looking for him outside. Luckily I found him across the street hiding in the bushes. If one of my children went missing, I would be calling the police, family, neighbors, running around, shouting for them, etc......her behavior is the behavior of someone that wanted her child to be "missing" so that she can go on with her so called "life":furious:

Stepping in the land of make believe and pretending Casey is innocent and finds herself on the phone with 911 and in the custody of detectives it seems to me the natural reaction is fear, crying, trembling, believing that you are doing exactly what the "kidnapper" told you not to do.

I would be pleading to keep this out of the news before they saw me on the news. Crying and pleading that they don't understand, crying that I want to explain but I can't.

That would be a woman in a high level of distress to suddenly find herself out of control of the situation and losing their only negotiating point with the "kidnapper". She would think that her daughter was at the height of danger at that moment. It would be a huge escalation in already horrid situation.

Kind of the polar opposite of the ice queen and her "you are bothering" me attitude. Casey's only interest was herself (just like the every day that preceded this one).

Stepping in the land of make believe and pretending Casey is innocent and finds herself on the phone with 911 and in the custody of detectives it seems to me the natural reaction is fear, crying, trembling, believing that you are doing exactly what the "kidnapper" told you not to do.

I would be pleading to keep this out of the news before they saw me on the news. Crying and pleading that they don't understand, crying that I want to explain but I can't.

That would be a woman in a high level of distress to suddenly find herself out of control of the situation and losing their only negotiating point with the "kidnapper". She would think that her daughter was at the height of danger at that moment. It would be a huge escalation in already horrid situation.

Kind of the polar opposite of the ice queen and her "you are bothering" me attitude. Casey's only interest was herself (just like the every day that preceded this one).

I cannot believe I never thought of this. IF you were instructed not to contact the police this would definitely be in your mind. Surely, she would have mentioned several times her fear that the kidnappers would find out that she contacted police.

If your child is missing, you call the police.

If you're afraid your kidnapped child will be harmed if you call the police, you hot foot it home to your dad, the former LE, and say "Please God help me, Dad. I'm terrified and I don't know what to do."

If your child has an accidental mishap, and dies, and you're scared to call the police, you call your mother, the registered nurse, and say "Please God help me, Mom. Something really horrible has happened, and I don't know what to do."

I can't get through 31 days of partying and skanking around. I just can't get through 31 days of anything at all except maybe lying in bed, crying incessantly, babbling incoherently, peeing myself, vomiting uncontrollably, and needing to be taken to the hospital. Or laying there unable to speak, or talk, or move, and needing to be taken to the hospital.

She didn't even cry. She partied.

I don't post much but you brought a feeling to me with this post.

The other night I was watching my beautiful granddaughter - age 4-.

She decided to play hide and go seek...I couldn't find her. Well, I totally flipped out. She wouldn't answer me.. I threw open all the bedrooms doors, looking for her. I had a fear of dread.... :-(

I think she heard the anguish in my voice and came out hiding from her grandfathers chair.. I almost cried but was sooo happy to see her.

It was a horrible feeling that I had, losing her for a few min's.

There is NO WAY I COULD WAIT 31 DAYS!!!!!!!

Well, I am the mother of only one child, a daughter.

But, I know I could never make it past 30 minutes with my daughter 'missing'/'abducted' and not calling the authorities, let alone 31 days!

Me too. And I used to freak if I couldn't see her for 30 seconds in a grocery store. But if she had not reported her own only daughter missing, they might not have found my daughter again because I would have personally taken her out!

As long as we are playing this game, let's assume the babysitter/Zanny story is true.
If I had a nanny whom I trusted, and I went one day to pick up my daughter and she was not there, and the nanny's cell was "no longer in service" I would not assume my daughter had been kidnapped. I would start calling hospitals and the police to see if there had been an accident. I would think something had happened to both of them, not that my fabulous, nanny had stolen my baby.

As long as we are playing this game, let's assume the babysitter/Zanny story is true.
If I had a nanny whom I trusted, and I went one day to pick up my daughter and she was not there, and her cell was "no longer in service" I would not assume she had been kidnapped. I would start calling hospitals and the police to see if there had been an accident. I would think something had happened to both of them, not that my fabulous, nanny had stloen my baby.

Exactly and if my nanny of the year had taken my child and for some totally unbelievable reason I could not tell my friends or family or the police I would take my imaginary 14k out of the bank and hirer the most unethical private detective I could come up with. One that would bend and break the rules to track this B@tch down and get my child. In this make believe scenario someone would be dead at my hands but it would not be my child.

I don't post much but you brought a feeling to me with this post.

The other night I was watching my beautiful granddaughter - age 4-.

She decided to play hide and go seek...I couldn't find her. Well, I totally flipped out. She wouldn't answer me.. I threw open all the bedrooms doors, looking for her. I had a fear of dread.... :-(

I think she heard the anguish in my voice and came out hiding from her grandfathers chair.. I almost cried but was sooo happy to see her.

It was a horrible feeling that I had, losing her for a few min's.

There is NO WAY I COULD WAIT 31 DAYS!!!!!!!

Believe me I've been there. My youngest girls have a habit of hiding on us as a joke. One time they hid in our dog house and I almost flipped out.

They were gone for less than ten minutes and I had the phone in my hand to call the police when my wife came back. For some reason all she had to do was call their names angrily and they came running out immediately :)

Point being, that I never once questioned calling the police I was absolutely frantic. I wanted help and I wanted it now. I would have called the president if I had his number.

Exactly and if my nanny of the year had taken my child and for some totally unbelievable reason I could not tell my friends or family or the police I would take my imaginary 14k out of the bank and hirer the most unethical private detective I could come up with. One that would bend and break the rules to track this B@tch down and get my child. In this make believe scenario someone would be dead at my hands but it would not be my child.

Good point. And isn't it strange that she didn't investigate any of the people she is trying to throw under the bus right now? JG??

Let the world never Forget.....

Casey NEVER called the Police - - - - - - Cindy did

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Let the world never Forget.....

Casey NEVER called the Police - - - - - - Cindy did

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

The sickneing irony of the whole situation is that if KC had called the police on Day 1, she may have gotten away with this.

The thirty one days aside (which is just incomprehensible to me,) if I were to forced to listen to the account Mr Ashton gave at the last motions hearing, describing my baby's last moments before her life was brutally snuffed out, I would collapse from unbearable grief. I will never understand the mind of this sort of person. Never.

The thirty one days aside (which is just incomprehensible to me,) if I were to forced to listen to the account Mr Ashton gave at the last motions hearing, describing my baby's last moments before her life was brutally snuffed out, I would collapse from unbearable grief. I will never understand the mind of this sort of person. Never.

I agree. I should have known that most people could not even hypothesize getting past the first 31 days. This is just incomprehensible and it should be.

I still wonder what JB whispered in her ear when Ashton was rebutting. But she sure went from angy to crying extremely fast.

There is something I have thought about often, and I hope I can explain it...
Just think about what the average woman does in a day, and multiply that times 31.

For instance, think about how many times Casey did the following in a months time:

* Ate a meal
* Talked and texted on the phone
* Used a computer
* Used the toilet
* Took a shower
* Brushed her teeth
* Put on make-up
* Went shopping
* Had sex (this is Casey)
* Went to sleep
* Woke up in the morning

I guess what I'm trying to say is, how is it possible for someone to just keep doing all the normal things you would normally do, when you think your child is missing, and you haven't even told anyone? For 31 days.

Wouldn't it 'hit' you during your 'alone' time, at least?

I see I have done a terrible job of trying to explain what I mean, but I'll let this stand as is, anyway, lol.

Kind of the polar opposite of the ice queen and her "you are bothering" me
attitude. Casey's only interest was herself (just like the every day that
preceded this one).

You said that so well. That's always bothered me. KC, nor any of her family, ever acted like Caylee was in the hands of a kidnapper. Ever. GA and CA never even thought to mention that LE needed to be careful so the kidnapper wouldn't find out that police were involved. That would be your first thought. Caylee's life would depend on it! Not to mention the other "tells" that there was no kidnapper. No being worried sick that Caylee was scared, confused, cold, hungry, or even worse, abused. Or even, worse, about to be murdered or sold. While every minute that passed was another minute Caylee would be in tremendous danger, the Anthony's spent those precious minutes demonstrating a new bass boat with KFN, having petty complaints and power struggles with LE, CA livid that LE went to her father's retirement home to obtain information needed to find Caylee, having "meet and greets" at their home, handing over the wrong hairbrush... Kidnapped? Really?? They knew she wasn't kidnapped from Day 31 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave