Lt. Greenwood responds to public records request 12-14-09

Thx, Raisin & Kimst.

Unfortunately, my computers do not like TJ's site for some reason. My graphics get all whacky over there.

Basically, the Lt. is stating why they are not releasing any records in Haleigh's case. It is an ongoing investigation. The main reason the link is useful is that TJ has summed up important links in chronological order since Haleigh went missing.

It is almost depressing to see how few there are...

One of the statements from this letter that bothers me the most is the remark that this is "uninformed and irresponsible". Well if LE would give us SOME info we would not be "uninformed" and could possible help with being more "responsible". It's their own fault at this point in time that people are frustrated with the investigation. JMOO

Which brings us to the fact (one of very few) that LE wants the public off this case. Now we need to look at why that would be.

I haven't read that doc, but has it occurred to everyone that Haleigh is not "out there somewhere" in America? I hate to be a downer, but... really - when is the last time LAW ENFORCEMENT requested the public be on the lookout for Haleigh? jmo - but I think the evidence must indicate that Haleigh is not out in Iowa or Georgia or Texas or anywhere else. She is right here, somewhere.

As a local I am prejudiced, I know, but at some point there has to be an arrest and a trial. Does the public's right-to-know outweigh the need to keep some information under wraps so that a conviction can eventually be successful?

I live right here and have kids not much older than Haleigh and Ron Jr. While I'd like to know, I don't need to know - unless there is chance another child is at risk of being kidnapped or murdered by the same person responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. It's obvious to me that LE is not concerned about such a thing happening. I see local LEOs on a frequent basis, almost daily. No extra warnings, no abundance of caution.

I'm not saying that means Ron did it, or Misty did it, or Crystal did it. I'm just saying that our right to information does not - and should not - outweigh Haleigh's right to justice.

sorry, jmo

Your statement "there is no arrest or charges to be filed in the foreseeable future"" is very uninformed and irresponsible.

That statement gives me so much hope. Now, if I only had a crystal ball, I would know how far into the "foreseeable future" an arrest would occur.

Haleigh was last seen at her residence in the Hermit's Cove area of Putnam County on February 9, 2009 between the hours of 8-10pm.

Interesting. I wonder if that's based on Misty's statement that she put Haleigh to bed at 8 and then she (Misty) went to bed at 10.

Interesting. I wonder if that's based on Misty's statement that she put Haleigh to bed at 8 and then she (Misty) went to bed at 10.

I wonder that also. Or, are they completely discrediting Misty's statements and someone else claims to believe Haleigh was there around 10PM? Isn't that the time that Tommy said he went to the MH?

Whenever you write or e-mail a government agency, your information becomes part of the public record, if I am understanding the law correctly.

Wonder who the "devoted follower" of the case is that provided this letter to TJ? I also wonder if TJ bothered authenticating it. TJ seems to have lost all of his professional objectivity.

Whenever you write or e-mail a government agency, your information becomes part of the public record, if I am understanding the law correctly.

Wonder who the "devoted follower" of the case is that provided this letter to TJ? I also wonder if TJ bothered authenticating it. TJ seems to have lost all of his professional objectivity.

Realizing there are issues with your puter on loading the site, just wanted to let you know there is a copy of the letter on the site with the proper letterhead and the Lt's signature. If he falsified such a letter, I would think his career would be over.

I haven't read that doc, but has it occurred to everyone that Haleigh is not "out there somewhere" in America? I hate to be a downer, but... really - when is the last time LAW ENFORCEMENT requested the public be on the lookout for Haleigh? jmo - but I think the evidence must indicate that Haleigh is not out in Iowa or Georgia or Texas or anywhere else. She is right here, somewhere.

As a local I am prejudiced, I know, but at some point there has to be an arrest and a trial. Does the public's right-to-know outweigh the need to keep some information under wraps so that a conviction can eventually be successful?

I live right here and have kids not much older than Haleigh and Ron Jr. While I'd like to know, I don't need to know - unless there is chance another child is at risk of being kidnapped or murdered by the same person responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. It's obvious to me that LE is not concerned about such a thing happening. I see local LEOs on a frequent basis, almost daily. No extra warnings, no abundance of caution.

I'm not saying that means Ron did it, or Misty did it, or Crystal did it. I'm just saying that our right to information does not - and should not - outweigh Haleigh's right to justice.

sorry, jmo

LFlorida, I don't think our right to info outweighs Haleigh's right to justice. However, I do think the public does have a right to know information which would not jeopardize the investigation. It seems like the silence has been deafening and that has caused people to make "uninformed and irresponsible" judgments as to what is happening in this case.

Finding Haleigh and justice being served is what matters most, IMO.

I wonder that also. Or, are they completely discrediting Misty's statements and someone else claims to believe Haleigh was there around 10PM? Isn't that the time that Tommy said he went to the MH?

Yes, Tommy was supposedly there around 10 pm. I'm not sure how much credit LE gives to any of Misty's statements. If I remember the story correctly (details seem to have changed a few times), GGMS was there between 7 and 8 pm and then Tommy showed up around 10 pm.

Realizing there are issues with your puter on loading the site, just wanted to let you know there is a copy of the letter on the site with the proper letterhead and the Lt's signature. If he falsified such a letter, I would think his career would be over.

Sorry for not being more accurate. I do not think TJ falsified the letter. I do wonder if he authenticated it.

LFlorida, I don't think our right to info outweighs Haleigh's right to justice. However, I do think the public does have a right to know information which would not jeopardize the investigation. It seems like the silence has been deafening and that has caused people to make "uninformed and irresponsible" judgments as to what is happening in this case.

Finding Haleigh and justice being served is what matters most, IMO.

I agree, but this case has attracted more than its fair share of oddballs, from what I have read and heard. [not saying it is anybody from here, btw]

If they had a suspect, are they obligated to tell the public they have one? Or would they keep quiet to not alert the person or persons involved, as they could be a flight risk? I think sometimes they are just not saying, because they need something concrete to tie that person to the crime.

If they had a suspect, are they obligated to tell the public they have one? Or would they keep quiet to not alert the person or persons involved, as they could be a flight risk? I think sometimes they are just not saying, because they need something concrete to tie that person to the crime.

Bern, that's what I hope is their reason for keeping so quiet all this time. I hope LE is gathering as much info as possible so the person(s) responsible will be convicted without a doubt. I'm just really frustrated and tired of waiting for precious little Haleigh to be found and justice to be served.

It may be that Haleigh will never be found, unless the person who took her tells LE where she is. Even then, who knows. But I had read somewhere that there are searchers that go out every weekend or other weekend and still search by grid. If LE feels she is gone, it could take forever to cover the area and then she could be outside of Satsuma too. It would be better for them to find something that connects the person or persons and then get them to confess and say where she is.

It may be that Haleigh will never be found, unless the person who took her tells LE where she is. Even then, who knows. But I had read somewhere that there are searchers that go out every weekend or other weekend and still search by grid. If LE feels she is gone, it could take forever to cover the area and then she could be outside of Satsuma too. It would be better for them to find something that connects the person or persons and then get them to confess and say where she is.

TM stated he doubts she will ever be found... Personally, I'm inclined to believe him.
I also doubt the person responsible will ever confess, and don't hold out too much hope that those covering for him will either...IMHO they are lacking in what GGMS stated the person/s responsible needed to have.. I believe she referred to it as being.... A conscience...JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back