When Was Haleigh Last Seen?

kamky

Reaction score
TJ Hart's newest article has a sentence towards the end: "Haleigh was last seen at her residence in the Hermit's Cove area of Putnam County on February 9, 2009 between the hours of 8-10pm."

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5934743.php

I sent him an email and asked him his source for this info and he said:

"The amber alert on the Putnamsherrif.org website http://www.westopcrime.com/index.php?loc=details&story=686"

Sure enough, this is what it says. 8 - 10 pm!!

So what do you think this means? Why LE has bracketed these hours? Is this based upon a confirmed or an unconfirmed sighting of Haleigh that we don't know about? Who was at the MH at about 8 and who was at the MH at about 10???

GGMS was there around 8, Misty is the only one who states she was IN the MH and saw Haleigh at 10.

GGMS was there around 8, Misty is the only one who states she was IN the MH and saw Haleigh at 10.
I agree. This is what we have heard in interviews. But it would surprise me if LE would take the word of Misty alone, since they repeatedly have stated that she is inconsistent. This would, to me, make LE inconsistent!

It wouldn't surprise me if a neighbor or somebody else collaborated GGMS being there and seeing the children at around 8, but I wonder more about the 10:00 time.

Tommy said he was at the MH around 10. It's possible that he told LE more than has been revealed to the public. What if he knocked and then looked in the windows and didn't see Misty, but did see the children? I wouldn't imagine that they would answer the door if they were alone and somebody knocked after dark.

Two sightings such as this would bracket the 8 - 10 pm time period.

I believe they are going by Misty's word.

Original Haleigh Cummings case police narrative http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/missing_haleigh_police_report_021609

"Misty told me that she had put the children to bed at approximately 8pm. MIsty said that they were sleeping in HER BED, and when she laid down at around 10:30pm both children were still in bed. I asked MIsty who the other child was and she advised the other child was Haleighs brother. Misty old me that she woke up just before 3am to get a drink and she noticed that Haleigh was missing..."

Police Radio Calls The Night Haleigh Vanished Released
http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5173311.php

This is the transcription of the police radio transmission:

FLE2: She was seen within her residence, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours ago..

Thanks, Dee. This transmission was made at approx 3:30 am, correct? If so, then 1 to 1 1/2 hours earlier would be 2 - 2:30 am-ish. This doesn't jibe with what is stated on the http://www.westopcrime.com/ site.

This site says "Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida, Inc. is a unique community program, operated and administrated by citizens through a Board of Directors. It is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) volunteer civilian organization, supported solely on contributions from private citizens, social and civic groups, and local businesses. Over 1,000 programs have been instituted worldwide."

It also says that Caller tips are distributed to the appropriate law enforcement agency for investigation.

I wonder where they get their information. Since they support LE and provide tips, I would think that they get some of their information directly from LE so that it is portrayed correctly on their site. Showing invalid information would not help them get very good tips.

I'm curious where that LEO got the "last seen 1 - 1 1/2 hrs ago". Was this honestly something MC said? If so, :eek: , we've got yet another version of the story!

What I'd like to know, is when the last person outside the family saw Haleigh. I'd like to think we can trust GGMS's account of being there around 7, IIRC, but with all we've seen and learned from these people, who knows! I'm assuming they've checked whether Haleigh really was at school that day and who the bus driver saw picking her up. So, figuring she was, I'd say the last person outside the family to see her was the bus driver. Unless, they have confirmed with the A/C guy that she was infact at the home.

What we do know is that (barring the police radio transmition is true), originally LE had a last seen time as 2 -2:30am. It was then changed to 10pm per MC's account of seeing Haleigh when she went to bed. It then changed to 8pm because that's when MC put her to bed - so does that mean they no longer believed MC saw her at 10? I also saw it reported by LE that the last seen time was 7pm - assuming that's because GGMS claimed to see her. NOW we are hearing 8-10pm. I'd really like to know why it's so difficult to get an accurate "last time seen"!

It seems fair that Ms Neves made a mistake about what time she went to the motor home.

Yes, g'ma Sykes, LE or the press have changed from 7:00. G'ma said they were eating supper on the porch. Many have questioned, at 7:00 as it was chilly/cold & dark...8:00 would be worse.

What's worse is Lt Greenwood saying it was Neves who visited that night!!!!

Thanks, Dee. This transmission was made at approx 3:30 am, correct? If so, then 1 to 1 1/2 hours earlier would be 2 - 2:30 am-ish. This doesn't jibe with what is stated on the http://www.westopcrime.com/ site.

This site says "Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida, Inc. is a unique community program, operated and administrated by citizens through a Board of Directors. It is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) volunteer civilian organization, supported solely on contributions from private citizens, social and civic groups, and local businesses. Over 1,000 programs have been instituted worldwide."

It also says that Caller tips are distributed to the appropriate law enforcement agency for investigation.

I wonder where they get their information. Since they support LE and provide tips, I would think that they get some of their information directly from LE so that it is portrayed correctly on their site. Showing invalid information would not help them get very good tips.

I hear you Kamky, but here is the orginal audio transmission. It could be the officer made a mistake, but this was never corrected, but this is directly from LE. TJ said, just the other day on the radio show he has asked about the transmissions that night & they will not discuss it. If it was a mistake why not correct it? Is part of the evidence that disputes Misty's story? IDK

After looking at the school record that was supplied to us by.........?, it is difficult to be sure she was at school. We have heard witness saying they saw her at the bus stop. I just hope the witnesses were interviewed the next day and they are not confused on which day they saw her. If they were questioned ASAP after Haleigh disappeared then I assume we can believe Haliegh was at school but that record of the day looks altered. It looks like it was an "U" (unexcused) and erased almost to a "dot" for present. The typed in definitions bother me also. It is a darn shame that we have to question so much due to LE not saying ONE word about this case. It is likely a murder case and that is why we are not invited to their investigations.

Whisperer -- ITA. I don't think it would be difficult to find out FOR SURE from the school if Haleigh was there that day. Given RC and MC's assurance she was there and the details about the day including RC picking her up from the bus stop, if it's shown she wasn't there that day, I would think that would be grounds for arrest right there. They couldn't possibly use the excuse of having their days mixed up because I guarantee there isn't a parent in the world who wouldn't be able to tell you exact details of the last day they saw their child.

Whisperer -- ITA. I don't think it would be difficult to find out FOR SURE from the school if Haleigh was there that day. Given RC and MC's assurance she was there and the details about the day including RC picking her up from the bus stop, if it's shown she wasn't there that day, I would think that would be grounds for arrest right there. They couldn't possibly use the excuse of having their days mixed up because I guarantee there isn't a parent in the world who wouldn't be able to tell you exact details of the last day they saw their child.
Yes, Haleigh's teacher, other teachers, the bus driver, and parents who had kids in Haleigh's class would also be able to confirm or disprove her presence in school that day.

YellowSub, I agree - I'd also really like to know why it's so difficult to get an accurate "last time seen"! Or at least a window of time that at this point is consistent. Is this time period 8 - 10 pm on the CrimeStoppers web site now the latest and greatest, per LE? Who can be sure?

I'm curious where that LEO got the "last seen 1 - 1 1/2 hrs ago". Was this honestly something MC said? If so, :eek: , we've got yet another version of the story!

What I'd like to know, is when the last person outside the family saw Haleigh. I'd like to think we can trust GGMS's account of being there around 7, IIRC, but with all we've seen and learned from these people, who knows! I'm assuming they've checked whether Haleigh really was at school that day and who the bus driver saw picking her up. So, figuring she was, I'd say the last person outside the family to see her was the bus driver. Unless, they have confirmed with the A/C guy that she was infact at the home.

What we do know is that (barring the police radio transmition is true), originally LE had a last seen time as 2 -2:30am. It was then changed to 10pm per MC's account of seeing Haleigh when she went to bed. It then changed to 8pm because that's when MC put her to bed - so does that mean they no longer believed MC saw her at 10? I also saw it reported by LE that the last seen time was 7pm - assuming that's because GGMS claimed to see her. NOW we are hearing 8-10pm. I'd really like to know why it's so difficult to get an accurate "last time seen"!

This entire case is a struggle. Not one piece of information is garnered by any simple means. Details that should be Investigation 101 can't be confirmed. Sadly, there are only a couple of details that can be confirmed as yet. 1. Haleigh is missing and 2. Haleigh is still missing. JMO.

I hear you Kamky, but here is the orginal audio transmission. It could be the officer made a mistake, but this was never corrected, but this is directly from LE. TJ said, just the other day on the radio show he has asked about the transmissions that night & they will not discuss it. If it was a mistake why not correct it? Is part of the evidence that disputes Misty's story? IDK

IDK either, Dee. I think that LE is sorry that this transmission was publicized because. The statement that Haleigh was seen 1-1 1/2 hours before was made at the Tyler Rd address between 3:30-4, IIRC. I think that this let the cat out of the bag about something, but I can't figure out what! It's very frustrating.

IDK either, Dee. I think that LE is sorry that this transmission was publicized because. The statement that Haleigh was seen 1-1 1/2 hours before was made at the Tyler Rd address between 3:30-4, IIRC. I think that this let the cat out of the bag about something, but I can't figure out what! It's very frustrating.

Since Tommy 's house is on Tyler and right next to that dumpster, perhaps she was last seen when she was moved from the dumpster to another location at around 2:00 am in the morning...Maybe it isn't a mistake...JMO

Has any of you fellow posters ever wondered why GGMS and TN have not been asked by reporters if they have taken Polys and if not, why not? Reporters have had no problems with asking Haleigh's mother and maternal grandmother if they have taken polys or LVA test. I really would like for the Cumming side of the family to take polys, now. We have one of the major witnesses in this case, GGMS, claiming to have been one of the last people to see Haleigh but no information confirming if she has been polyed. There is also the woman who was suppose to have been with GGMS that evening, why has the press totally left her out of the equation? Ever wonder why? Then there is the paternal grandmother, arriving at the Mh in world record time with Haleigh's photo in hand, and appearing to be ready to explain Misty's whereabouts, Ron's whereabouts, the "family member" she sent over to check on the kids that evening (we later learn, she sent GGMS over, nine days later).

Has any of you fellow posters ever wondered why GGMS and TN have not been asked by reporters if they have taken Polys and if not, why not? Reporters have had no problems with asking Haleigh's mother and maternal grandmother if they have taken polys or LVA test. I really would like for the Cumming side of the family to take polys, now. We have one of the major witnesses in this case, GGMS, claiming to have been one of the last people to see Haleigh but no information confirming if she has been polyed. There is also the woman who was suppose to have been with GGMS that evening, why has the press totally left her out of the equation? Ever wonder why? Then there is the paternal grandmother, arriving at the Mh in world record time with Haleigh's photo in hand, and appearing to be ready to explain Misty's whereabouts, Ron's whereabouts, the "family member" she sent over to check on the kids that evening (we later learn, she sent GGMS over, nine days later).

BBM..Just everyday...JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back