IL IL - Lacey Gaines, 22, Justice, 7 Dec 2009

ChaCha

Reaction score
9877459-f2e.jpg

Will my friends here at websleuths help us find Lacey's killer?

My niece Lacey Claire Gaines just turned 20 on Dec 1 and was murdered on Dec 7, 2009.

There have been a few Facebook sites and a memorial site created. You may read all news so far at links on sites.
Story Link

http://www.my.opera.com/LaceyClaireGaines

We have a petition for Justice for Lacey at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/laceygainesmurder

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help...Lacey-Gainess.../2379838

http://laceygaines.yolasite.com/

http://peace4missing.ning.com/profiles/blogs/in-memory-of-lacey-gaines?xg_source=activity

ChaCha, I am so sorry for your families loss, my prayers are with you.

There is not much information out there has there been any other information let out about this ? This seems to me to be a personal crime due to how she was killed.

Chacha - I am very sorry for your loss. How terrible. My condolences to you and your family.

My prayers are with you and your family ChaCha.

After reading the news story, my first thought was her son's father. He was released? Has he been cleared?

Oh, ChaCha... I am so sorry for your loss. You and your entire family will be in my prayers. This is heartbreaking.

If anyone can get to the bottom of this, and help bring justice for Lacey, it will be your fellow Websleuths. I'm so glad you are sharing this with the WS community.

I heard the 1st responders report read that Lacey had been strangled by a rope or electrical cord and there was a 4" gash in her throat. There was a 10" kitchen knife next to her body. No defensive wounds.

It's been reported Lacey had been at a Dr's appt around 3 pm. Her son was at her grandmother's. The police were called by an english speaking friend of Lacey's current boyfriend (who was present when the police arrived.) The police found her covered in blood and she was pronounced dead at 7:19.

Lacey had come to me last year asking for help. She stated she was a victim of abuse by her ex boyfriend. She had an OP against him and had a trap on a phone and a few police reports of harassing phone calls and text messages.

Lacey also called and spoke with various other professional advocates, shelters and atty's. Her ex-boyfriend had filed a petition for parentage last spring.

Lacey spoke fluent spanish.

The police held both the ex and current boyfriends for 24 hours.

Thank you for your kind words. Lacey left a 2 year old son.

Lacey had asked me for help based upon my daughters case and she thought becuase of the help my daughter had received she might also.

If you care to read more about my daughter you can look at my blog here on websleuths.

I appreciate all you kind words. God Bless.

Cherry Simpson

The little boy is with my brother for right now. Lacey had told me her ex had threatened to take the little boy back to Mexico many times.

Lacey was very soft spoken and shy. But when she had been abused in the past she had fought back.

I thought it interesting there were no defensive wounds. Who ever did this knew she was a fighter. Who ever did this did it for one reason. To murder her and for her to be found.

The father was released. I was told he passed a police given poly and had an albi.

None of us know what to think. It's a horrible thing. What I have feared for my child and grandchildren has become true for my brother. It's terrible.

What can one do in a case like this? Do you here at Websleuths have any advice or suggestions?

Me and my beloved niece Lacey Gaines when she was younger:
9877499-c25.jpg

ChaCha I am so very very sorry for your loss!!!

She was trying to obtain an order of protection because of stalking and threats-hard to believe this is not related. The question is who was she trying to get away from? I mean, the murder seems pretty personal....jmo. The phrasing around the "English speaking acquaintance of her current boyfriend" struck me as odd, fwiw. How did this person happen upon her? Did she live with her current boyfriend??

ChaCha, I am also so very, very, sorry for your loss... especially at this time of year! How horrible!!!! From what I have read, however, I don't think this one is going to take very long to solve. Lacey sounded like an amazing woman who was working several jobs to support her son. The father of her son, however, sounds like he had issues that people in the community were aware of. :banghead::furious::furious::furious:

ChaCha...do you know if the parentage test had went through and what the results were ?

This is important, why was she at the doctor, pregnant?
STD to make boyfriend mad at her???
No defensive wunds........odd.
Was she already deceased when her throat was cut?
Are both X and recent BF spanish???

The article makes it sound like the knife used was from her own kitchen. I'm thinking argument/fit of rage, and her killer just grabbed the closest weapon available.

Were the authorities able to lift fingerprints from the knife?

Cha Cha, I'm so sorry about your niece. I'm not very good at sleuthing but I will pray for your niece's son, and the rest of your family.

Obviously, one would think the father of the little boy would be a suspect. If he passed the lie detector test then my second thought is the man that found her. What do you know about him?

ChaCha I am so very very sorry for your loss!!!

She was trying to obtain an order of protection because of stalking and threats-hard to believe this is not related. The question is who was she trying to get away from? I mean, the murder seems pretty personal....jmo. The phrasing around the "English speaking acquaintance of her current boyfriend" struck me as odd, fwiw. How did this person happen upon her? Did she live with her current boyfriend??

Lacey lived with her new boyfriend and he didn't speak english. Lacey had obtained an OP on her ex earlier this year. She reported sh had been trying to escape abuse and stalking from the ex. The boyfriend came home and found her this way.

Cha Cha, I'm so sorry about your niece. I'm not very good at sleuthing but I will pray for your niece's son, and the rest of your family.

Obviously, one would think the father of the little boy would be a suspect. If he passed the lie detector test then my second thought is the man that found her. What do you know about him?

I don't know much, only what Lacey told me. I know he didn't speak english. Lacey said she loved him. The first responders report said no other marks. So I would asume that means no bruises.

I do know he was jealous at times. But as you can see she is very pretty. She never complained of abuse from the current boyfriend. But I know she could have been ashamed and not said. Especially having said she was battered before.

The article makes it sound like the knife used was from her own kitchen. I'm thinking argument/fit of rage, and her killer just grabbed the closest weapon available.

Were the authorities able to lift fingerprints from the knife?

From what I heard read from the 1st responders report I don't think it was a fit of rage. Lacey would have fought back. She was a fighter. They bagged her hands and only found what looked like one slash of the knife across the throat. There was a small wound on the left shoulder/clavical which looked like a nick cause from the slash of the knife.

I wondered if it had been a possible murder for hire. I had also wondered if it could have been a gang hit. I've even heard of a gang which goes by the name the cutthroats (Latin Counts or Kings).

This is all speculation on my part. I don't know about prints it's in the collecting stage of the investigation.

I know they're also waiting for the cell phone records.

ChaCha...do you know if the parentage test had went through and what the results were ?

I believe there was some kind of a custody dispute. It had only begun I believe last May. I'm not clear what happened.

9889692-26c.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back