WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I wanted to wish all my friends here on WS and at the search center a Merry Christmas.

It's Christmas Eve and she still isn't home, and she deserves to be here.

I cannot post the words I want to say to the piece of garbage who took her. You disgust me beyond belief, and there is a special place for people like you who cause so many others so much pain and sorrow.

But I believe in that thing called Karma. You will get what is coming to you. My Christmas wish is that we find Lindsey and bring her home, and bring you down in the process :furious:

My son asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I don't really want anything. I just want my dad to be well, and for Lindsey to be home.

To everyone, let's keep the faith and hope alive. For Lindsey.

I watched this tonight, and I remember Lindsey.

http://lettersforlindsey.blogspot.com/2009/10/lindseys-video.html

I thought i'd add some follow up on the HO report. Enough time has passed that i'm comfortable mentioning it.

Whether or not his dogs were following a legitimate or correct scent i'm not sure.

I'd visited the location of the marked scent/s several times. He'd left physical tags at locations throughout Mommsen. (most for location marking non-scent purposes) (LE also left some, but not in that exact area) - I believe we (two of us) found all of his tags. (about 11 or 12)

Only one or two, near each other were marked as d/s. Within 30-40 yards of his d/s tags there were shell casings, some pretty recent, some not, 22 & 9mm iirc & a recent red bandanna off to the side. I'm sure this had been reported to LE at least two times. I was surprised it was all still there the 2nd time.

So when i'd visited the area a 3rd time it was to my surprise to see that logging equipment was trampling all over everything. His tags were broken up or missing, at least some of the casings had been ran over/dispersed & i'm not sure if i found the bandanna.

Based on this, there's no question that LE felt the area played no roll. There's been question of the legitimacy of HO's dogs & 'death scents' in general. Speaking with one person who's 'handled dogs they were not convinced. (not the 2nd handler)

Not long after starting to become logged we'd sent another (volunteer) dog/handler to the area. They hit on what turned out to be animal remains. Initially no one including the handler & (apparently) called-in examiner could tell what the remains were. (It can be tough)

There is one part of the report that i don't know has been mentioned online. It won't be coming from me & only LE knows the outcome/answer. One might assume it meant nothing given how the scene of the tags were dealt with.

-

It's Christmas morning.

Sadness

.... is a word used to describe an emotion, a feeling. There are many events that occur during our lives that might cause that feeling and we use that word to describe an effect of those events. Most times, the word and its meaning is adequate, sufficient. It tells enough of the story.

But regarding the event of Lindsey Baum's disappearance and the effect it has had on her family and friends that word is completely inadequate, an understatement. In fact, it misses the mark entirely.

I've never been to Washington state. In fact, I live more than 2,000 miles away from McCleary.

But this thing we call the 'Internet' has transported me to McCleary. I've studied maps. I know the road names, where they intersect, and where they do not. I've studied photos. I've read descriptions from locals. I've watched news videos. Because of this experience, I am 'in' McCleary.

I could walk directly to the video store from anywhere in McCleary, and rent a movie. Then, I could stop by the Subway to order a sandwhich, to eat later while we watch the movie. I could walk to Gordon's and pick up some daily needs groceries. After exiting Gordon's I could turn my head to the right to look at Simpson's building, and note how non-descript it appears except for the odd mechanicals extending above the roof line.

I could walk past the pizza shop, no need to stop in since I bought Subway. From there I could walk past the police station. The only indication is a POLICE sign hanging above the entrance area. Sometimes a patrol car is parked in the lot adjoing the building.

After walking past the patrol car and past the park and I could stop by the Shell station convenience store and buy candy, for a snack after eating the Subway and watching the rest of the movie.

I could walk past storage garages on 3rd and cross the road to the park n ride lot. I could walk around the small 'bus station' building and note that it appears as fairly new, clean. I could cross 3rd St again and walk to Mommsen. I could continue northeast on Mommsen, to the Baum house.

Here I am, a complete stranger to the small world that is McCleary. Where children frequented the streets. They rode their bicycles, played in the park. They talked about themselves and about each other. They talked about what they were going to do during the summer. When evening set in they would go back to their homes, and experience family. Many would inwardly be impatient for the next day to arrive, when they could once again visit with friends and simply ... do what kids do.

That was McCleary. A McCleary I've never visited and in fact never knew existed. But it is real.

Now, for many children and parents, that McCleary is on hold.

'Normal' life in McCleary is suspended from that previous, happy, life-as-usual existence. One mysterious event involving one precious child has moved all of McCleary from that previous existence to a cold, hard reality of sadness.

Do you now understand what I mean? That word is inadequate. An understatement. It does not tell the whole story.

To the Baum family and to their close friends, I might say to you to not give up hope, to continue in Life and enjoy your loved ones. Support each other. Lindsey will feel that love, no matter where she might be.

Let us not forget those who are missing, and hope for the days for when they will come home. Tomorrow is never guaranteed to anyone. Today is what we have and where we are. Make the best of each 'today', and you will never regret yesterday.

Happy Holidays to all.

We are thinking about and praying for the Baum family...

O Tannenbaum - O Christmas Tree

Dear Heavenly Father, let this be the day that we hear some news about where Lindsey is. Please bless her and send your angels to minister to her and her family. We pray through our Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

English
O Christmas Tree
Literal English translation - HF
Traditional melody

O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree
How loyal are your leaves/needles!
You're green not only
in the summertime,
No, also in winter when it snows.
How loyal are your leaves/needles!

You can please me very much!
How often has not at Christmastime
A tree like you given me such joy!
O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree,
You can please me very much!

Your dress wants to
teach me something:
Your hope and durability
Provide comfort and strength
at any time.
O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree,
That's what your dress should
teach me.

Traditional English lyrics for this carol.

Sponsored Links
K12 Online High School
K12 has curriculum and materials for an excellent education at home.
www.K12.com

Dear Baum family and Websleuth friends

Lindsey is a namesake for my sister, who was killed in a car accident and who I feel is very close and with the Lord keeps drawing me back to this case. The Light will not allow this predator to hide much longer. I feel it in my heart and soul.

ChuckMaureen -

That is beautifully written and sent from your heart. I am on the same page. Lots of tears and understanding. God bless you and your family.

merry christmas to all here and thanks for all you do....prayers for Lindsey...

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all a Merry Christmas. I know this must really be a difficult time for MB and JB knowing that a part of their family is not sharing this holiday. But I have always believed that person is always close to us in one's heart no matter how far. Just have to have a little Hope, faith and love it helps with the healing. May GOD surround your family and give you the strength and courage to meet each days challenge. Merry Christmas

candleinthedark.jpg

It's Christmas morning.

Sadness

.... is a word used to describe an emotion, a feeling. There are many events that occur during our lives that might cause that feeling and we use that word to describe an effect of those events. Most times, the word and its meaning is adequate, sufficient. It tells enough of the story.

But regarding the event of Lindsey Baum's disappearance and the effect it has had on her family and friends that word is completely inadequate, an understatement. In fact, it misses the mark entirely.

I've never been to Washington state. In fact, I live more than 2,000 miles away from McCleary.

But this thing we call the 'Internet' has transported me to McCleary. I've studied maps. I know the road names, where they intersect, and where they do not. I've studied photos. I've read descriptions from locals. I've watched news videos. Because of this experience, I am 'in' McCleary.

I could walk directly to the video store from anywhere in McCleary, and rent a movie. Then, I could stop by the Subway to order a sandwhich, to eat later while we watch the movie. I could walk to Gordon's and pick up some daily needs groceries. After exiting Gordon's I could turn my head to the right to look at Simpson's building, and note how non-descript it appears except for the odd mechanicals extending above the roof line.

I could walk past the pizza shop, no need to stop in since I bought Subway. From there I could walk past the police station. The only indication is a POLICE sign hanging above the entrance area. Sometimes a patrol car is parked in the lot adjoing the building.

After walking past the patrol car and past the park and I could stop by the Shell station convenience store and buy candy, for a snack after eating the Subway and watching the rest of the movie.

I could walk past storage garages on 3rd and cross the road to the park n ride lot. I could walk around the small 'bus station' building and note that it appears as fairly new, clean. I could cross 3rd St again and walk to Mommsen. I could continue northeast on Mommsen, to the Baum house.

Here I am, a complete stranger to the small world that is McCleary. Where children frequented the streets. They rode their bicycles, played in the park. They talked about themselves and about each other. They talked about what they were going to do during the summer. When evening set in they would go back to their homes, and experience family. Many would inwardly be impatient for the next day to arrive, when they could once again visit with friends and simply ... do what kids do.

That was McCleary. A McCleary I've never visited and in fact never knew existed. But it is real.

Now, for many children and parents, that McCleary is on hold.

'Normal' life in McCleary is suspended from that previous, happy, life-as-usual existence. One mysterious event involving one precious child has moved all of McCleary from that previous existence to a cold, hard reality of sadness.

Do you now understand what I mean? That word is inadequate. An understatement. It does not tell the whole story.

To the Baum family and to their close friends, I might say to you to not give up hope, to continue in Life and enjoy your loved ones. Support each other. Lindsey will feel that love, no matter where she might be.

Let us not forget those who are missing, and hope for the days for when they will come home. Tommorow is never guaranteed to anyone. Today is what we have and where we are. Make the best of each 'today', and you will never regret yesterday.

Happy Holidays to all.

What would we ever do without you Chuck. Krams, which is Big Hugs in Swedish.

Scandi, What would we ever do without you? Glad to see your back! Lots of heavy hearts this season. You were missed :hug:

(((kageykaren)))

glad to see you!!

:hug:

Hi KageyKaren,

It's great to see you again, as well! You're good at being able to see the "big picture" of a case, along with your psychological insights - it's all very helpful in trying to sort things out and get to the truth.

Happy Holidays
Coral :magnet:

Scandi, What would we ever do without you? Glad to see your back! Lots of heavy hearts this season. You were missed :hug:

Scandi my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, so very sorry for your loss.

Good to see you back KageyKaren :)

Hoping there is good news for Lindsey in the upcoming days.

Thank all of you for such a kind welcome back. Totally unexpected! You warmed my cockles! Christmas in our family has been one of quiet contemplation, taking a look at ourselves and counting our blessings that we aren't alone in this world.

In the world of missing, vanishing, exploited,abused, children there are too many "Silent Nights" Advocators for children in any arena never feel that it is enough. We can be each others angels, by doing are small part a day.

Off to bed, and "Too All A Goodnight"

Lindsey we will keep seeking.

Short (AP) article Published 12/24 6:55 am
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/northwest/story/1005774.html

"The Grays Harbor County sheriff's office says deputies started serving search warrants Friday in the McCleary area in the search for a missing 11-year-old girl.

Sgt. Steve Shumate told KXRO more warrants would be served through the weekend in an operation involving the FBI and the King County sheriff's office.

Shumate says investigators have been following leads and conducting interviews that identified areas that may contain information about the disappearance of Lindsey Baum. She disappeared the night of June 26 while walking home from a friend's house
."

~~~
So if the article says starting Friday, would that have been as far back as Friday the 18th?

Hmmm

This is when I start checking the GHC Jail Register - which I keep bookmarked
:dance:

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/JailRegisters/TodaysBookings.asp

I thought i'd add some follow up on the HO report. Enough time has passed that i'm comfortable mentioning it.

Whether or not his dogs were following a legitimate or correct scent i'm not sure.

I'd visited the location of the marked scent/s several times. He'd left physical tags at locations throughout Mommsen. (most for location marking non-scent purposes) (LE also left some, but not in that exact area) - I believe we (two of us) found all of his tags. (about 11 or 12)

Only one or two, near each other were marked as d/s. Within 30-40 yards of his d/s tags there were shell casings, some pretty recent, some not, 22 & 9mm iirc & a recent red bandanna off to the side. I'm sure this had been reported to LE at least two times. I was surprised it was all still there the 2nd time.

So when i'd visited the area a 3rd time it was to my surprise to see that logging equipment was trampling all over everything. His tags were broken up or missing, at least some of the casings had been ran over/dispersed & i'm not sure if i found the bandanna.

Based on this, there's no question that LE felt the area played no roll. There's been question of the legitimacy of HO's dogs & 'death scents' in general. Speaking with one person who's 'handled dogs they were not convinced. (not the 2nd handler)

Not long after starting to become logged we'd sent another (volunteer) dog/handler to the area. They hit on what turned out to be animal remains. Initially no one including the handler & (apparently) called-in examiner could tell what the remains were. (It can be tough)

There is one part of the report that i don't know has been mentioned online. It won't be coming from me & only LE knows the outcome/answer. One might assume it meant nothing given how the scene of the tags were dealt with.

-

Let us not forget, there is a hospital off Mommsen. Certainly, since there is a concentration of sick people in any hospital and a percentage of those sick people die while in hospital I would expect there to be at least a whisp of 'death scent' in the area.

Hi, scandi,

Oh my, the folks on this and other boards most definitely think that of you! Always a kind word and insightful posts. We've certainly missed you these past days....

Also, I appreciate the Krams! When I was in my eary twenties, I dreamed of being hugged by beautiful Scandinavian women ... my dream fulfilled! :dance:

Short (AP) article Published 12/24 6:55 am
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/northwest/story/1005774.html

"The Grays Harbor County sheriff's office says deputies started serving search warrants Friday in the McCleary area in the search for a missing 11-year-old girl.

Sgt. Steve Shumate told KXRO more warrants would be served through the weekend in an operation involving the FBI and the King County sheriff's office.

Shumate says investigators have been following leads and conducting interviews that identified areas that may contain information about the disappearance of Lindsey Baum. She disappeared the night of June 26 while walking home from a friend's house."

~~~
So if the article says starting Friday, would that have been as far back as Friday the 18th?

Hmmm

This is when I start checking the GHC Jail Register - which I keep bookmarked
:dance:

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/JailRegisters/TodaysBookings.asp

This is a good 'one-stop shopping list' of links: http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/WA_GraysHarbor.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken