Monday night's questions about Haleigh's clothes and laundry

News Junkie

Reaction score
I've been thinking about the Monday Haleigh went missing. Early morning and the mad dash to where? Misty said to get an outfit Haleigh wanted to wear to school. Really, does this sound right? After the wild weekend they both had, These two are going to say OK dear, we'll just drive, what is it to GGS's, about 15 miles and get you your outfit?

I have my doubts that Haleigh was even at the MH that Monday AM. Where could she have been and why was Ron in a panic to get her? Lets say she did spend the night at GGS's, why would Ron go speeding past the but stop? If she wasn't home and not at GGS's where could she have been?

I agree with you News Junkie.....something is very wrong with the story. Personally, I don't think Haleigh was there. I think they may have driven to Welatka to get her to take to school. The change of clothes may have been after they arrived in Satsuma. That is when she may have wanted to wear something different (if she did at all). The pink shirt plays into this crime...imo.

With these two their time and days are always off. I am questioning is she ever made it to school at all...as the attendence sheet does not sit right with me.

My opinion is, Ron & Misty do not strike me as the type who would give into a childs' every whim. With Rons' quick temper and Misty just coming off a party binge, doesn't seem believable that they would just zip over to Welatka to get her a particular outfit she wanted. Seems like they'd just tell her to put something on and hurry up about it. They don't seem like they type to cater to a childs' pickiness, esp. Ron, jmo. Seriously, they're gonna drive over to another town BEFORE school just to get one little outfit? Doesn't appear as if Haleigh got her way about much of anything, bless her sweet heart. I think Ron was definately in a hurry that morning, almost mowing over the poor people waiting for the school bus, but not to get his little girls' favorite outfit. imo.

I agree with you, Mom, that whole story sounds bizarre. Misty is a piece of work....with her stories of family life with rc.

Going to get the outfit doesnt strike me as odd if the story is true that GGMS brought laundry over Monday night - Haleigh might not of had a clean outfit at the mobile home to wear. What does strike me as odd is to load everyone in the car to go to get the outfit.

Yeah, Busy, I thnk misty is lying about that morning also.

I don't know if you recall, Busy, but I saw a closet FULL of clothes for Haleigh during the media tour of the home.

So far we have two police officers giving us information that we know has been told to the media differently. Greenwood and Schauland have given us contradictory information. I think they should be called out on it and clarify what they said.

But if the story is true that GGMS brought laundry over - that laundry could of been Haleighs school clothes for the week and GGMS had washed them over the weekend when she was taking care of the kids. The clothes could of been hung in the closet after the fact. I noticed some still had tags on them, where they too big? Also alot of times kids closets have clothes they have outgrown etc still hanging up - probably not as much as in places that have drastic season changes. My daughters closet right now has summer and spring clothes still hanging in there - that she will not be able to wear next spring and summer I just haven't gone thru them to sort and donate. Like I said what strikes me as odd is loading everyone up in the morning to go get the outfit.

I don't know about you Busy, but I saw a closet FULL of clothes for Haleigh during the media tour of the home.

Speaking of clothing..why was Misty unable or unwilling to provide accurate info re the clothing Haleigh was wearing for the Amber alert...that pink shirt has to mean something...but first it was jammies...from the get go...(911 call and beyond) it stinks...IMO

The reason I question what she was wearing goes back to the 911 call. The operator asks MC what Haleigh was wearing and she replies "Her pajamas, she was sleeping"

Two things stand out to me -- one being her saying "she was sleeping". Why did she offer up that bit of extra info? MC stating she was in her pajamas is so vague. If my child were missing and I was asked what they had been wearing, I'd give the details (pink shirt, white shorts, whatever). It's almost like she hadn't thought about that detail yet. Her claim of a pink shirt and underwear came later, after she thought about it. And, might I add, I don't know who would think of a normal wear t-shirt and underwear as "pajamas".

And there's the odd retrieval of the outfit she wanted for school that day. My parents live about 6 blocks from me and if one of my children said they wanted an outfit from their house right before school, I'd say "too bad".

I think her clothing and bedding are a big clue. Just don't know what, yet.

I have not been on the forum for quite sometime and this may not be the appropriate place to ask these questions, but here goes.

What is the latest on Misty e.g. where is she, what is she doing now. Is she talking to the authorities etc. And also what is the latest on RC?

It seems there is NO new information so I am wondering if they are still even investigating. Also wasn't there supposed to have been a new search by Equasearch? Was there?

I am sure these have been answered somewhere, and you can direct me there that will be fine.

Just staying in on a cold day here in Texas.

yeah. that 'story' about going to get her a change of clothes has always bothered me too

it was 15 miles away? how long would that take to drive? (that sounds like an easy question but I'm on metric here & I don't know the speed limit in that area)

I do know that I probably wouldn't be driving a kid anywhere to get a specific outift before school when that kid likely has 20 other available outfits in her closet/dresser

Yellow, I agree with you - I'd have to tell my kid TOO BAD, especially after getting a letter threatening me with prosecution for that child's truancy. The ONLY reason to add 30 minutes of driving to the morning routine would be NO clothes at all in the m/h, or to get Haleigh herself. [What elementary school parent has that kind of time?]

Nonetheless, I think the whole trip to Welaka [and/or to Palatka WalMart] that morning for clean clothes is crazy. Pure nonsense intended to mislead us, if not LE.

Again, I have to wonder if Haleigh was at school at all on Monday.

Yellow, I agree with you - I'd have to tell my kid TOO BAD, especially after getting a letter threatening me with prosecution for that child's truancy. The ONLY reason to add 30 minutes of driving to the morning routine would be NO clothes at all in the m/h, or to get Haleigh herself. [What elementary school parent has that kind of time?]

Nonetheless, I think the whole trip to Welaka [and/or to Palatka WalMart] that morning for clean clothes is crazy. Pure nonsense intended to mislead us, if not LE.

Again, I have to wonder if Haleigh was at school at all on Monday.

BBM.. One would think, IF she wasn't, information of that nature, for certain, would have been revealed...JMO

BBM.. One would think, IF she wasn't, information of that nature, for certain, would have been revealed...JMO

Not if it would make a difference in an eventual arrest, imo. No one from the school system is going to release the info - it's against the law and they would lose their job and they would have the whole county pi$$ed off at them for screwing up the case. [jmo]

You might recall how I confirmed Ron's work hours... it was not by asking about Haleigh's case.

I can't think of a clever way to find out who Haleigh's classmates are and don't know what excuse I could come up with to call one of the kids' parents. and then manage to casually work that question into a conversation without being obvious. I am, however, open to suggestions. ;)

Not if it would make a difference in an eventual arrest, imo. No one from the school system is going to release the info - it's against the law and they would lose their job and they would have the whole county pi$$ed off at them for screwing up the case. [jmo]

You might recall how I confirmed Ron's work hours... it was not by asking about Haleigh's case.

I can't think of a clever way to find out who Haleigh's classmates are and don't know what excuse I could come up with to call one of the kids' parents. and then manage to casually work that question into a conversation without being obvious. I am, however, open to suggestions. ;)

Do you know where the copy of the attendence record that was posted here came from? I hadn't seen it until recently, wonder how it got released?

How would it make a difference in an eventual arrest? I understand what you are saying but Misty has stated she walked her in to class, and Ron C claims he picked her up from the bus stop.. IF she wasn't in school, and neither of their statements are TRUE, they should have been hauled in months ago even IF LE doesn't know what happened to Haleigh...JMO

How would it make a difference in an eventual arrest? I understand what you are saying but Misty has stated she walked her in to class, and Ron C claims he picked her up from the bus stop.. IF she wasn't in school, and neither of their statements are TRUE, they should have been hauled in months ago even IF LE doesn't know what happened to Haleigh...JMO

LE knows all of this by now re her school day and who, if anyone, was lying about walking her to class or picking her up--I happen to believe she attended school or we'd have heard about that..And given the high number of lates and absents...well pressure must have been on Ron---but if there are inaccuracies about her school day and clothing.. that just confirms her caregivers were lying to LE....EVEN if they had nothing to do with her vanishing--why lie? Why different stories?

Do you know where the copy of the attendence record that was posted here came from? I hadn't seen it until recently, wonder how it got released?

I don't have any idea how that attendance report originally surfaced unless it was via Art [and by extension, perhaps Kim?] FWIW, I don't know if it's even legit - sure looks suspect with the various typefaces/fonts on it. And the 2/9 date has changed a few times, imo.

I recall trying to post a comment over at Art's before the Santos stuff was published, asking how Haleigh could have been tardy that day since she was a bus rider. If the bus was late, it would have been announced over the intercom for the teachers to "please excuse students from the blue diamond (or whatever) bus."

Then the next time I looked at it, it didn't have a tardy that day. I could have looked at it wrong, but I really did think at the time that she was marked tardy that day.

I asked a friend who works for county about it and she's the one that said "No way, that's against the law!" So I dunno.

I have not been on the forum for quite sometime and this may not be the appropriate place to ask these questions, but here goes.

What is the latest on Misty e.g. where is she, what is she doing now. Is she talking to the authorities etc. And also what is the latest on RC?

It seems there is NO new information so I am wondering if they are still even investigating. Also wasn't there supposed to have been a new search by Equasearch? Was there?

I am sure these have been answered somewhere, and you can direct me there that will be fine.

Just staying in on a cold day here in Texas.

BBM..Well, IF LE is no longer investigating Ron C and Misty heres hoping
each and everyone of them on this case got tons of coal dumped down their chimneys night before last....JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back