Beef recall in six states

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Owasso Firm Recalls Beef In Six States
Posted: Dec 26, 2009 4:11 PM PST
Updated: Dec 27, 2009 2:06 PM PST

Washington (CNN) -- A beef recall is under way in a half-dozen states involving possibly contaminated products from the Oklahoma company National Steak and Poultry, according to the firm and federal inspectors.

U.S. Agriculture Department officials said a cluster of illnesses involving the E. coli bacteria was reported in Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, South Dakota and Washington state.

--> more at link:
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11733175

Check National Steak and Poultry's full product recall list

The products are marketed under the company name National Steak and Poultry, as well as Carino's Boneless Beef and Moe's Beef Steak.

Everyone please stay safe and have a Happy New Year!!

Thanks for posting Liz. Fortunately, I'm not in any of the states effected but I hope that anyone who is takes the proper precautions. Ecoli can be very scary.

Thank you, I am in an affected state and going to check my freezer right now.

Thanks for the heads up. Another reason to buy locally raised grass-fed beef!! I wouldn't touch beef from a factory (especially ground) with a 10-foot pole...!

Thanks Liz for the heads up. I hadn't heard about this. Fortunately I'm not in an affected state. When we travel we do the fast food thing so I like to be aware of this kind of thing!

Salem

"These products were shipped to restaurants NATIONWIDE." according to the company's link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back