Match! MO - St Louis Co, WhtFem UP5294, 31-35, below scenic lookout, Aug'90 *Cynthia Day*

chaddylex

Verified local - Rebecca Stahl case
Reaction score
Ok I think I might be on to something here, please give me feedback!

Cynthia Day missing since August 10, 1990
from National City IL (according to Charley Project) - East St Louis IL (according to NAMPM)

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Missing eye tooth
on the left side, no tattoos and has one pierced hole
in each ear, as well she has a scar from a hysterectomy.

Charley Project has more details of disapperance

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/day_cynthia.html

http://www.nampn.org/cases/day_cynthia.html

Compared to this UID in Namus and on the Doe Network

The victim was discovered on August 26, 1990 in St. Louis County, Missouri
Estimated Date of Death: 4 Days - (August 22, 1990)
State of Remains: Decomposed

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 31-35 years old Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced ears. Ovaries and uterus absent.
Clothing: Found nude.
Jewelry: Large gold earrings.
Dentals: Available.
Other: Full body x-rays available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was found at the bottom of a high bluff, at a scenic lookout area, which overlooks the Mississippi River Valley, in St. Louis County, Missouri on August 26, 1990.

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/5294

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/883ufmo.html

Things that match:
height
Weight is within 5lbs
UID had large gold earrings, Cynthia is shown in pictures with large earrings in her ears
Cynthia was 37 when she went missing UID age range was 31-35
Cynthia has as hysterectomy scar - UID is missing uterus and ovaries

Cynthia went missing on August 10, 1990, UID was found August 26, 1990 and was decomposing.

What is questionable is that Cynthia was missing an eye tooth and the UID is said to be missing Postmortem

Please let me know what you all think!!

The dental issue gives me pause, but I would definitely ask them to check, just to be sure. Everything else is so spot on...
I would definitely turn it in.
If you do, keep us posted!

Thanks Snuf and Not My Kids! I sent an email to the St Louis Medical Examiners office. I will let you know if I hear anything.

the dental info could have been a typo, glad you sent it in. Keep us posted!

I looked over the dental chart. Never saw the letters A, N, and P used like this. I assume the A means absent. Any clue as to what N and P mean?

A is antemortem (lost before death) P is post mortem (after death) and N is natural tooth, with no fillings or other work done.

Go for it! National City, IL is only 12 miles from St. Louis...everything more or less matches up.

I sent an email yesterday but have yet to hear back... I even attached a read receipt and my email was read yesterday so at least I know someone saw it.

Cynthia's Family even has a website for her http://www.findcynthia.com/

I am thinking that even though they are across state lines (IL to MO)
that someone had to try and make a comparison before.

I just think Cythina and the UID have so much in common, that I didn't want to pass it up.

Chaddylex - wow!! I bet it's her. I looked on her family's website that you posted and she was last seen in East St. Louis. By the way, East St. Louis is a city in Illinois across the river from St. Louis, Missouri. Let us know when you hear something.

Well, I never heard a response from St Louis Medical Examiners office. I emailed Rocky Wells at the Doe Network (figured maybe he would get me an answer and all they told him is that it was already submitted. (which was probably me who submitted it) I asked him if they mentioned if it was ruled out and he said they didn't say either way.....

Makes me mad. I don't want to bother them again, but I want to know either way. I know they read my email. I put a read receipt on it when I sent it.

What should I do?

Did you post this to the family site? Maybe try calling the police listing on Cynthia's missing flyer? I agree this looks promising and I wonder why it has taken so long. The body was found so near where the missing was last seen. I don't recall ever hearing of the body being found before (I am in the area).

I agree, why not post it to the families site, I'm sure they'd appreciate it one way or another, knowing that someone is out there looking for her!

Hello Websleuths! I found this site a few years ago when Shawn Hornbeck was found so close to home and thought to myself "How many times have I seen this kid and never realized it was him?".I have been a lurker ever since,decided for the new year i would register.
So that being said I found the Cynthia Day/Jane Doe a very good match. Being from the area I don't remember hearing about the UID being found and in 1990 the City of East St Louis was having problems of their own.They were sued by a former inmate and having no money the inmate was given the deed to city hall.So if these daughters filed a missing persons report I could see how it was lost or just not taken at all . This UID did not look like someone who would be missing from ESL and from what I have read the daughters filed another report in 2004.By then this UID was a cold case.
In St Louis Mo city and county are seperate governments. The UID was found in county so city would have nothing to do with it and it was turned over to highway patrol who has a missing person task force.The UID wasn't listed there.The poster said to contact Tracy Lehmen ,she might be a county officer in the 4th precint .There was an officer there by that name a few years ago ,not sure if it's the same person.

I read somewhere on here... (Can't remember where) that it's not good to contact the family members directly of missing people. I figured the Medical Examiners office would have the decency to at least give me a yes or no answer.

I will contact the police dept on Cynthia's flyer tomorrow... (It's almost 10pm). I hate making calls, I wish they had an email address. They listed both the Illinois State Police and East St Louis PD.

I will let you all know if I get a response!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Good job Chaddy! Follow up sometimes seems like :banghead: but you're doing a great job!

By the way, there's a case out of TX right now where a lady went missing in 1986- an unidentified victim was found a couple of weeks later- they're waiting for DNA, but her family has ID'd the belongings found with the victim. There's a news article about this case, if you're interested in it let me know and I can send it on to you. Here's the thing- she was found only a few miles from where she went missing and she was reported missing not long after her disapperance, and somehow the connection wasn't made until 2009. Someone from TX Equisearch noticed the dates and contacted LE, so please follow up, you never know it could be her.

Snuf

Snuf,

If you want to send me the article, that would be great! I am going to call the PD when I get home from work. We are getting a snow storm here in good old PA (snowed all week)...so I am leaving about in an hour. Hopefully I will get to talk to someone get at least a yes or no answer!!

I will post as soon as I hear anything!

I read somewhere on here... (Can't remember where) that it's not good to contact the family members directly of missing people. I figured the Medical Examiners office would have the decency to at least give me a yes or no answer.

I will contact the police dept on Cynthia's flyer tomorrow... (It's almost 10pm). I hate making calls, I wish they had an email address. They listed both the Illinois State Police and East St Louis PD.

I will let you all know if I get a response!

Thanks for the encouragement!

If it were my family member missing and I had a website for that purpose, you can bet your booty I'd welcome any leads out there!! IMO that's what the family created the website for. If there was no one actively looking, that'd be a different story. I believe, as an individual, you can make that sort of decision yourself. JMO

Well, I first tried to call Lt Jim Morrisory at the Illinois State Police Dept and that number is disconnected, so I contacted the number of the East St Louis Police Dept that was listed on her NAMPM page. I left a message for a Chief Stewart. I gave him my cell number to call me back....we will see!

You might want to contact the mo state highway patrol on UID's poster and tell them you think Cynthia Day is their UID. I don't see ESL PD putting a lot of effort into this. From the news articles I read they would'nt go to CA to talk to the guy they felt responsible for Cynthias disappearence. The daughters even offered to pay the airfare. That city is very low on funds and manpower.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back