GUILTY MD - Veronica Deramous tried to cut fetus from pregnant woman, Suitland, 2009

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Here's yet another one who thinks kidnapping a pregnant woman and cutting her child from the womb will make her life happy.

Veronica Deramous befriended a pregnant homeless woman then kidnapped her, tortured her and tried to cut the woman's baby from the womb. Deramous lured the woman from a homeless shelter with the promise of baby clothes. Once home she duct taped the woman and tortured her for days. Despite the poor woman's severe wounds she escaped and her baby was delivered emergency C-Section healthy and just fine.

How many bonkers folks are out there? Thank goodness the mom and baby are alright.

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/1209/685263.html

Here's yet another one who thinks kidnapping a pregnant woman and cutting her child from the womb will make her life happy.

Veronica Deramous befriended a pregnant homeless woman then kidnapped her, tortured her and tried to cut the woman's baby from the womb. Deramous lured the woman from a homeless shelter with the promise of baby clothes. Once home she duct taped the woman and tortured her for days. Despite the poor woman's severe wounds she escaped and her baby was delivered emergency C-Section healthy and just fine.

How many bonkers folks are out there? Thank goodness the mom and baby are alright.

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/1209/685263.html

BBM-- Bonkers??!!! This sounds like something from a horror movie I've never seen!!

Yes indeed - a miracle that mom & baby survived.

WTH is this world coming to??????????

That the mom and daughter lived and the little girl earned the name Miracle I think its amazingly miraculously beautiful.

But that crazy nutjob needs to rot in a coffin to even think she could cut someone open to take a baby. It's freakin disgusting.

I hope the mom gets some donations and gets help to get on her feet to raise her child. Anyone who goes through that.. needs some tlc.

That child earned that name! I am so happy they are both okay.

It's times like this, that I wish I was loaded with money so I could help these 2 make a fresh start.

Ok I dont know about you ladies but I was very uninformed about how in depth a c section really is until I saw my first one. Of course I knew they cut you open and get the baby out but there are so many layers to go through, she is EXTREMELY lucky to be alive after being butchered. I work in labor and delivery and I see c sections all the time and I cannot imagine doing one myself even with knowledge of it much less someone off the street trying to do it. She is completely out of her mind.

Woman Survives Attempt to Cut Baby Out of Stomach

Pregnant woman said she was tied up, tortured

Updated 6:22 AM EST, Wed, Dec 30, 2009

Teka Adams now cuddles her infant daughter, Miracle Sky. The little girl, swaddled in pink, sleeps peacefully. But after what they've already been through, it's a wonder they're alive today.

For more than four days, Adams was held hostage at a Prince George's County, Md., apartment, where she said a woman tied her up, gagged her and used several knives to try to cut out her unborn baby girl.

"She told me what she was getting ready to do and I bust out crying," said Adams, who described how the woman, Veronica Deramous, allegedly proceeded to cut her belly. "I was shaking and sweating because the pain was so excruciating that it got to a point where I just couldn't feel it anymore."

Adams' ordeal started in early December when she was down on her luck and staying at a D.C. homeless shelter. She said Deramous lured her away with the promise of baby supplies and clothes. She ended up at the woman's Suitland, Md., apartment where Adams said Deramous gave her lunch and then started beating her with a fireplace poker. Adams said she was left bloodied on the kitchen floor.

More at link...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...mpt-to-Cut-Baby-Out-of-Stomach--80301032.html

Little Miracle certainly earned her name. What a story of survival!! I was especially touched by Ms. Adams' last statement:

"I don't hate her," she said. "I hate what she did."

Those are the words of a survivor. Bless them both.

God bless the mother and the baby. I can't even imagine what she went through. I'm so thankful they're both alright.

Prayers that Teka and her little Miracle are able to find a safe place to live and praying the woman who committed this awful crime against her/them meets with swift justice. I am so thankful that both mom and baby made it through this ordeal.

Once again, I'm reminded as to why we're all here. We celebrate the happy endings and really relish them. I HATE reading comments on news story pages. They are appalling and uncalled for. It makes me so pleased to know that I hang out with a bunch of people who are realistic, tough on crime, but kind-hearted souls.

Remind me, please, to avert my eyes from nasty comments. I always have to come back here to get my head screwed on right again.

I saw this story tonight on our local news program and was shocked that I had not heard about it before. I can't imagine what this mother must have gone through and I so admire her strength. It is a relief to hear that both mother and baby survived this. I am hoping that life treats them both well from now on.

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (WUSA) -- Teka Adams lifted her shirt and showed scars where her attacker tried to cut her unborn baby from her womb.

The child, Miracle, is doing well and was in court with her mother. Her attacker, Veronica Deramous, of Suitland, plead guilty and was sentenced Friday.

Both Deramous and Adams addressed the court. Adams said she wanted to be in court to find answers and show her attacker her child.

At times, she yelled. Adams then lifted her shirt to show the judge her scars. She turned around and yelled at Deramous' family. She cried and passionately described her life since the attack.

After Adams spoke, Deramous addressed the court with a prepared statement. But shortly after describing how she bought items for the child, Adams lashed out.

more here

http://www.wusa9.com/rss/local_article.aspx?storyid=118754

and who really cares if Deramous bought baby clothes or whatever for little Miracle -- and she conveniently can't remember performing a C-section on Teka Adams because she was drinking Jack Daniels..wow - can hardly wait to hear how long she's gonna be locked up!!

13 years. She is eligible for parole in 13 years. Adams and Miracle still have reason to fear her...please God do not let her out prior to 25 years. Let's give Miracle and her mom a fighting chance.

13 years? What?:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back